Leo Gura

Leo's Blog Discussion Mega-Thread

157 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Ulax said:

How can you be both inside and outside a system? Or neither?

Non-Duality Sex.

Inside, Outside, Neither.

2 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I think maybe he means being objective could make you outside the system from inside the system.

But he said being neither in or out the system.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

1 minute ago, CARDOZZO said:

Non-Duality Sex.

Inside, Outside, Neither.

Lol

Know thyself....

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

But he said being neither in or out the system.

Or we can be objective about another system but not to ours', which means that we are observing another system from the outside but inside our system. But I don't think that, in this case, being objective is actually objective.

Or maybe I'm wrong what he meant.

18 minutes ago, Nemra said:

You're right about being wrong.

I AM nutz

Just now, Yimpa said:

You're right about being wrong.

At least I could be right. 😁

23 minutes ago, Nemra said:

Or we can be objective about another system but not to ours', which means that we are observing another system from the outside but inside our system. But I don't think that, in this case, being objective is actually objective.

Oh, I get what you mean. Maybe that's it. Only explanation.

Know thyself....

33 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Oh, I get what you mean. Maybe that's it. Only explanation.

Even if we think of ourselves as objective, what would being objective mean? Being aware of the system you're in? Moving into another system, if so, how many are there and which one could we go into, and would we stay objective as we are going to be affected by the system?

😅

1 minute ago, Nemra said:

Even if we think of ourselves as objective, what would being objective mean? Being aware of the system you're in? Moving into another system, if so, how many are there and which one could we go into, and would we stay objective as we are going to be affected by the system?

😅

"Being aware of the system we're in" is referring to your true nature as Awareness which isn't affected by anything.

Know thyself....

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do ya'll prefer when I share YT videos as posts or write text posts?

The texts ones might get a  bit Tweet-y but again when its all 8 hour vids its going the other way a bit lol

leo ur OG 5meo vid is next level, respect, also the AL-LAD was the best ever take I've heard of my LSD experiences, and the martin ball 5meo one, he's cool af

Edited by LoseYourvelf

I guess, one way to be both inside and outside a system is by doing immersion types of work.

My friend is a philosopher and anthropologist and she's done immersions in nursing homes and psychiatric hospitals to get closely in touch with the work and day to day activities of nurses, workers, and even residents, to get a big picture understanding and write a report on how the system could be improved.

It's just one example, but she was outside the system as a researcher, but also immerged in it in her work. Pretty much, as close as one can be without becoming a nurse or a resident herself.

Though I guess, to go even further, one way to get both perspectives could have been to do the study from outside first, maybe even without fully immerging herself, and then, go all in by going through all the studies and working as an nurse in an institution for a few years.

Then, she would have had an even more comprehensive view. But I think that working closely to nurses for months or years, listening to them, and closely observing their work, already puts her in a position where she's both in and out of the system.

3 hours ago, Clarence said:

I guess, one way to be both inside and outside a system is by doing immersion types of work.

My friend is a philosopher and anthropologist and she's done immersions in nursing homes and psychiatric hospitals to get closely in touch with the work and day to day activities of nurses, workers, and even residents, to get a big picture understanding and write a report on how the system could be improved.

Smart girl.

Edited by Staples

God and I worked things out

leo-quote-jesus-christ-social-construct-

Perfectly said.

This is like throwing acid on a Christian's face.

Edited by Nemra

On 04/10/2024 at 9:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

Good to know. It's hard for me to tell whether people find the blog useful or even know it exists.

I certainly do. Been reading the blog ever since you started it.

Great to see what kind of stuff you're watching, studying, thinking about.

I always really enjoyed the vlog-style videos you posted on the blog - just as much as the main channel content. They kinda felt more real and personal, whereas the main channel videos are more polished and less about you. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Leo Gura I have neighbors who practice these kinds of rituals. They dance, chant, and play drums. They kill chicken and goat, and I suspect they killed a horse a while ago… Also, the main guy sometimes gets 'possessed' and start screaming like crazy.

I used to fear this kind of thing, but now it doesn't bother me anymore, except for the killing of animals.

It's interesting that these beliefs are thought from an early age and by the time they are adults they can actually create being possessed with their minds. The power of beliefs.

Jesus is a cognitive architecture.