Leo Gura

Leo's Blog Discussion Mega-Thread

161 posts in this topic

I don't know why people like politics.

I know it is important but I don't have ANY interest about understanding politics.

Just seems a bunch of formal hungry power humans self-looping on self-generated lies.

Edited by CARDOZZO

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do ya'll prefer when I share YT videos as posts or write text posts?

I love texts! They have a special vibe and give me more time to think and ponder. I reflect more easily when I read you. To me, your texts are also complementary to your own videos, because, together, they create more connections in my brain. The information is processed differently; I am more passive while listening and more active while reading. My mind also tends to lose focus and wander more easily while listening, so I value your texts a lot, both from the forum and the blog.

As for the videos you share, I skip a lot of them, including all the ones on politics; I only watch the videos when I'm very interested, like those on The Varginha Incident or on American Religion — as it related to self-deception and I quickly got into it — or when they're very short and I'm curious, like the ones from the posts titled Child Prodigies & Geniuses, What Is A Woman, Adriano Celentano, Jack Black, Particle Life, The Hairy Frog Fish, How The Queen Eats Bananas… to name a few.

You share really cool ones on various topics, which I would never have searched for, so I find that very valuable. But for example, even if I love airplanes, I didn't watch the full SR-71 Blackbird video, even though I found the 3D animation fascinating, because I don't have the patience to watch it all. So I get a lot of meaning from the texts, which I always read fully, taking my time, and rereading them once or more when I absolutely love them.

Edited by Clarence

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Both

And I especially prefer seeing your couch talking blog videos about spiritual topics/your self improvement etc

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What blog topics would you like to see more of?

Actuality, topics that apply to current events and the state of the art of humanity.

I would enjoy you helped us get a deeper grasp of what's going on in the world in a way only you can do. 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

I like both. The variety of different posts keeps the blog exciting/interesting. I really enjoy the vlogs as well.

3 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

I don't know why people like politics.

I know it is important but I don't have ANY interest about understanding politics.

Just seems a bunch of formal hungry power humans self-looping on self-generated lies.

When you do not live in a politically-stable environment, following/understanding politics becomes essential. Understanding 'geopolitics' is a key component for the survival of many small nations, sandwiched between superpowers. 

Edited by Ero

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Definitely both. I regularly check the blog as a unique source of epistemic novelty. Even though currently I don't have time to watch videos, it is nice to have high quality references to come back to, considering the difficulty in finding the latter among the sheer noise of brain rot content. 

The more you post in general, the better. I have found that even noting down a sentence/ paragraph can become fertile ground for an idea/ connection I make in the future. You can treat your blog as exactly that - a stream in consciousness you can reference and build on top. Adding tags or identifiers for the topics/ ideas discussed creates continuity that can be helpful if you decide to further develop an idea. 

@Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Both are excellent!

I like variety.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Definitely text

I didn't know you guys like text so much. I will write more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I didn't know you guys like text so much. I will write more.

I didn’t know you didn’t know we like it so much.

It’s like an even more articulated and condensed version of your videos about a particular point / insight / idea.

And also much faster to consume as it is written. And finally, just very lovely that aside from my own deep contemplations, the deeper aspect of my mind is activated / exercised by an outside source every once in a while as well, as I don’t have much time to consume other high quality stuff right now. So reading and contemplating the writings is a consistent and certain way I get that exercise.

And you post there just the perfect amount 👌

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

10 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

I didn’t know you didn’t know we like it so much.

It’s like an even more articulated and condensed version of your videos about a particular point / insight / idea.

And also much faster to consume as it is written. And finally, just very lovely that aside from my own deep contemplations, the deeper aspect of my mind is activated / exercised by an outside source every once in a while as well, as I don’t have much time to consume other high quality stuff right now. So reading and contemplating the writings is a consistent and certain way I get that exercise.

And you post there just the perfect amount 👌

yeah same, I didn't know he wasn't sure we liked it either lol 

@Leo Gura I end up reading it 3 to 5 times because there's a lot of nuance, depth, and angles. Text-based ones are very valuable.

Edited by Jayson G

3 hours ago, Ulax said:

Agreed :)

It was nice, even if he didn't account for the cases where one is both inside and outside the system, and the case where one is neither.

1 minute ago, Bjorn K Holmstrom said:

It was nice, even if he didn't account for the cases where one is both inside and outside the system, and the case where one is neither.

How can you be both inside and outside a system? Or neither?

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

3 minutes ago, Ulax said:

How can you be both inside and outside a system? Or neither?

I wanna know too. I was puzzled by his statement.

Know thyself....

I think maybe he means being objective could make you outside the system from inside the system.