Princess Arabia

Sadhguru's Isha Foundation Raided

144 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

I would be very sad if it turns out Sadhguru is some fiend lol,

He is not, trust me. This thing is just blown out of proportion. Sadhguru cannot control what others are doing. Sadhguru is quite high conscious and decent. It's sad that such stuff happens in spiritual circles and people lose trust. I hope it all works out in the end. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

7 hours ago, Lyubov said:

guru culture is based around it

There's not a single place where Guru culture doesn't exist. Even Youtubers have followers. It's not necessarily a cult per se if the community of followers is a healthy place. 

Edited by Buck Edwards

31 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

There's not a single place where Guru culture doesn't exist. Even Youtubers have followers. It's not necessarily a cult per se if the community of followers is a healthy place. 

Putting people on a pedestal isn’t healthy for them nor us seemingly.

5 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Healthy or unhealthy, happens all the time. Welcome to humanity :)

31 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Healthy or unhealthy, happens all the time. Welcome to humanity :)

Well people also die from fentanyl overdoses all the time.

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Well people also die from fentanyl overdoses all the time.

This is not that extreme. You're comparing apples to oranges or should I say grenades. 

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

I think the Hindu guru dynamic specifically emphasizes hierarchy though and I’ve not found that necessary or even helpful in spirituality. 

Just now, Lyubov said:

I think the Hindu guru dynamic specifically emphasizes hierarchy though and I’ve not found that necessary or even helpful in spirituality. 

It does create a massive influence whereby a lot of people turn to spirituality like an influx. Sadhguru has single handedly achieved this which is a feat. 

Just now, Buck Edwards said:

It does create a massive influence whereby a lot of people turn to spirituality like an influx. Sadhguru has single handedly achieved this which is a feat. 

Sure, and I’m not saying Sahdguru hasn’t done some really helpful things for people and the planet. I like him. I just don’t take part in this dynamic, no need to give my power away like that. 

27 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Sure, and I’m not saying Sahdguru hasn’t done some really helpful things for people and the planet. I like him. I just don’t take part in this dynamic, no need to give my power away like that. 

I like this. Nothing wrong with listening to gurus or Spiritual teachers. For me, it's when they are worshipped or idolized that's the difference. They're the only ones I listen to, the only person I share, the only message I resonate with.....all these are symbols that you're idolizing.

If a message isn't filled with love or showing me how to go within and harness my own powers, water my own seeds or is somewhat focused without, to me it's not the real message or it's useless. I'd rather the message that there's no one, no free will, nothing is happening and it's all a dream, nothing matters, you're already dead, all that you can't do anything with and is of no value to the individual, than a message telling me to look elsewhere other than within for anything on the Spiritual level.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

This is not that extreme. You're comparing apples to oranges or should I say grenades. 

Ok fine. If you want you can put me on a pedestal.

If you give me feet rubs and massages your can get rid of samskaras and karmic debt of the past 9 lives. 💜 You can shift from meing to being. From Batman to Brahman and it will be lovely.

11 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Ok fine. If you want you can put me on a pedestal.

If you give me feet rubs and massages your can get rid of samskaras and karmic debt of the past 9 lives. 💜 You can shift from meing to being. From Batman to Brahman and it will be lovely.

I have a demand before I do that. First turn into a green tree. Then drink green tea. Then look at a green sea and catch a green bee. After my demands and wishes have been granted, I will gladly put your Holiness on a pedestal made of gold. 

2 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

He is not, trust me. This thing is just blown out of proportion. Sadhguru cannot control what others are doing. Sadhguru is quite high conscious and decent. It's sad that such stuff happens in spiritual circles and people lose trust. I hope it all works out in the end. 

@Buck Edwards Oh yeah he's for sure not a fiend, I was just making a point that the work is not about him

41 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I like this. Nothing wrong with listening to gurus or Spiritual teachers. For me, it's when they are worshipped or idolized that's the difference. They're the only ones I listen to, the only person I share, the only message I resonate with.....all these are symbols that you're idolizing.

If a message isn't filled with love or showing me how to go within and harness my own powers, water my own seeds or is somewhat focused without, to me it's not the real message or it's useless. I'd rather the message that there's no one, no free will, nothing is happening and it's all a dream, nothing matters, you're already dead, all that you can't do anything with and is of no value to the individual, than a message telling me to look elsewhere other than within for anything on the Spiritual level.

like everything else, there's shades of nuance and levels to doing things. There's unconscious worship for which of course nothing needs to be said about that.

But there's also conscious forms of worship, aka devotion. And they need not necessarily be to a human. Often times they're to deities
This is what I understand about devotion:
You aren't idolizing a symbol, that's not the point. You're using your emotions to become receptive to their presence, and that presence is what you will root yourself in and transform. Certain accomplished yogis and deities have a palpable presence, you will know what I speak of if you are able to spend some time with them.

I'm not of that temperament, and dare I say if you're attracted to Leos work you probably wont be. So I stay away from it but I have no problem with someone else using devotion as a tool for dissolution as long as it's done well and they know the potential risks involved

5 minutes ago, The Blind Sage said:

like everything else, there's shades of nuance and levels to doing things. There's unconscious worship for which of course nothing needs to be said about that.

But there's also conscious forms of worship, aka devotion. And they need not necessarily be to a human. Often times they're to deities
This is what I understand about devotion:
You aren't idolizing a symbol, that's not the point. You're using your emotions to become receptive to their presence, and that presence is what you will root yourself in and transform. Certain accomplished yogis and deities have a palpable presence, you will know what I speak of if you are able to spend some time with them.

I'm not of that temperament, and dare I say if you're attracted to Leos work you probably wont be. So I stay away from it but I have no problem with someone else using devotion as a tool for dissolution as long as it's done well and they know the potential risks involved

Well said. I like your points. 

Well i have a problem with authority anyway.

I’ll argue with bosses, cops, anybody who thinks they have the truth, forum mods, anybody who has power over others and uses it silly imo.

So maybe for me it would actually be beneficial to find a guru and kiss his feet to dissolve that part. But i don’t think it’s possible anyway.

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

People put things on a pedestal because they don’t put god on a pedestal. Human has an intricate desire to worship something. If we don’t worship god we will worship a partner, lifestyle, car, money, guru or other worldly things. 

A sure way to get lost on the spiritual path is to outsource your meaning onto something external. Be it a god (idol worshipping), a guru or whatever else. This is a regression in spiritual growth.

It's natural to seek for something or someone to blame, when the only one to blame is one self.

Edited by Fearey

INTJ 5w4. Cosmopolitan. Software engineer, data analyst and AI enthusiast.

https://www.personalityassessor.com/ipip120/results=1572230-399/

2 minutes ago, Fearey said:

A sure way to get lost on the spiritual path is to outsource your meaning onto something external. Be it a god (idol worshipping), a guru or whatever else. This is a regression in spiritual growth.

It's natural to seek for something or someone to blame, when the only one to blame is one self.

You have to think there's something natural about it like sex. Because it has existed for the entirety of human existence. 

7 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

You have to think there's something natural about it like sex. Because it has existed for the entirety of human existence. 

Murder has also existed since human existence. Misuse of power too.