Ayham

Which Mystical Path Is The Most Effective?

28 posts in this topic

Is it Buddhism, Kriya, Advaita, Bhakti, Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Kabbalah, Yoga, Sufism, Christian mysticism?

I am not claiming one has a monopoly on the truth or can take you all the way, but I am asking for your opinion, which is most accurate philosophically? and which is most effective as a practice in terms of spiritual progress?

Edited by Ayham

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

You forgot Sufism and Islamic mysticism I thought you talked about it with very informative description in another topic:D

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

@Atb210201 oh right, edited, thanks!

13 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@Atb210201 oh right, edited, thanks!

No problem.

Loved your insights BTW.

I'd also say whichever path you feel in your heart is calling you each day and each moment then that is the best path among the many.

Because in the end they are all pointing to one truth just different angles and methods which are again one in the end so yeah follow your heart.

If today you feel like going for yoga then go for it, if the next day you feel like going for sufism and sufi poetry and practices go for it, if next day it's Buddhism or any of the others well then go for it; go for every one of them if you want whatever comes to the heart at each moment is great.

Edited by Atb210201

Direct experience and it is not a method nor path.

If you'd like "difurcations", the second best is likely the true spirit of zen, which is the most barebones, aiming for a direct realization now.

Edited by UnbornTao

Hm, that might be a paradoxically relative question 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Atb210201 said:

No problem.

Loved your insights BTW.

I'd also say whichever path you feel in your heart is calling you each day and each moment then that is the best path among the many.

Because in the end they are all pointing to one truth just different angles and methods which are again one in the end so yeah follow your heart.

If today you feel like going for yoga then go for it, if the next day you feel like going for sufism and sufi poetry and practices go for it, if next day it's Buddhism or any of the others well then go for it; go for every one of them if you want whatever comes to the heart at each moment is great.

I see, following your heart and intuition without forcing yourself into one, that makes sense, actually.

I always had the tendency to try to find the effective thing and brute force myself into it lol, even though deep down I can sense it is not supposed to be like that.

Thanks for the insightful answer.

I think. The best path is likely True/ Pure Philosophy as Leo has laid it out.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art 

Yes, that was one of my favorite videos of his, I consider it the path towards real knowledge and wisdom.

Yet I believe it must be accompanied by direct contact with spiritual reality, whether through spiritual practice or psychedelics.

I think that no beaten path is going to work, you have to invent your path, it has to be something inevitable, like water that seeks the path and creates it.

@Ayham Yes, that is true. So, when you study all these different paths and their techniques and practices, their philosophy and epistemology through the lens of Pure Philosophy I think you end up with a powerful path. Meta Rationality I suppose and direct experience of absolute truth and other spiritual domains that are more relative. 

I would also say that Wen Kilburs Integral Meta theory would be useful here too.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art got you, being able to understand and integrate all lenses, taking from them what you wish without adhering to the dogma of any of them.

@Ayham The best path should have truth at the core of it. 

But, then again, who you are and what you want from life is up to you. You’ve got to make and live your own life. 

But, truth is powerful for living well regardless of your particular biases and preferences. If you want success in any domain in life, then grasping these relative truths is important. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

16 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I see, following your heart and intuition without forcing yourself into one, that makes sense, actually.

I always had the tendency to try to find the effective thing and brute force myself into it lol, even though deep down I can sense it is not supposed to be like that.

Thanks for the insightful answer.

Love you brother 

For the most detailed and accurate maps of the various signposts on the mystical path in general, it'd probably be Vajrayana Buddhism and Vedanta Hinduism. Gnosticism is very interesting as well, due to its own unique flavor.

When it comes to which would be most effective for actual realization and not just intellectual recreation, it'd be whichever inspires you to pay attention to reality in a mindful way while surrendering your need for anything to be different from how it is. Each tradition will offer methods that'll point you in that direction, but it's ultimately up to you to make it occur. In that sense, they're all pretty much equal.

you are supposed to window shop.

2 hours ago, What Am I said:

For the most detailed and accurate maps of the various signposts on the mystical path in general, it'd probably be Vajrayana Buddhism and Vedanta Hinduism. Gnosticism is very interesting as well, due to its own unique flavor.

When it comes to which would be most effective for actual realization and not just intellectual recreation, it'd be whichever inspires you to pay attention to reality in a mindful way while surrendering your need for anything to be different from how it is. Each tradition will offer methods that'll point you in that direction, but it's ultimately up to you to make it occur. In that sense, they're all pretty much equal.

❤️

Know thyself....

5-MeO-ism

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I don’t know

inquiry around beliefs is quite good imo.

Edited by PurpleTree