Keryo Koffa

I await the day Leo will talk about Corals for 3 hours.

11 posts in this topic

Coral_Outcrop_Flynn_Reef.jpgI gathered timestamps where Leo talks about Corals.
I would like to see way more of that in the future! 😁

Corals are absolutely essential to our Ecosystem!
Please spread awareness about the Importance of Coral Reefs.
Corals are fascinating & transcend the animal/plant Duality ☯️

"There's a multiplicity, diversity, complete cornicopia of corals and sea life, plants & animals!

As Leo once said: "A lot of people don't appreciate this Coral area at all!"

"Various kinds of Corals, various kinds of Fungi, Mushrooms, blur the line..."

And of course Leo already pointed through Spiral Dynamics all the way from Beige to Coral.

So then Leo, where are my Corals at?

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpegLeo after the Turquoise video got deleted.e.gif

Persistent Keryo, asking for some corals.

I used to collect and grow corals.

My brother had a coral store. I know the coral industry really well.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura damn! most random thing ever, but it is cool. 

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

So I'm a scuba diving instructor who can teach in shark and marine (coral) conversation. The importance of Coral is really underestimated, it's (literally) the building block for life in the ocean.

I live in the Philippines which part of the Coral triangle, the most biodiverse marine ecosystem on the planet. 76% (605) of the world’s coral species (798) are found in the Coral Triangle, the highest coral diversity in the world.

coral_triangle_programme_map.png

There are big threats for coral. Humans, directly or indirectly are the cause of these threats.

Destructive fishing:
- Local fishermen: using dynamite fishing
- Fishing trawlers: using kilometres long towing nets, scraping the bottom and destroying the corals
- Crown of thorns: There is a starfish species called the Crown of Thorns and it eats away Corals. In a healthy ecosystem this is not a problem but because humans fished away the natural predators, like the Parrot fish and the Titan Trigger fish the Crown of Thorns are out of control. I heard of whole section of areas eaten away (here in the Philippines, Mindanao) by out of control Crown of Thorns. The thing that we can do for now is do special dives where we kill crown of thorns starfish, by ejecting them with vinegar. If you try to pick them up they will panic and release their eggs, making the problem only worse. This is only a short term solution though.

Crown_of_Thorns_Starfish.jpg

Coral bleaching:
- Rising temperatures of the ocean causes the polyp that lives inside the coral structure to separate from the coral and the coral will die and turn white
- Increasing acidity of the ocean, rising CO2 emissions in the atmosphere is absorbed by the sea water, CO2 will absorption will lower the PH level, and the polyp will die and so will the rest of the coral.

Waste:
- Plastic and microplastic ending up inside the marine life

Coral reefs provide oxygen, although the number varies online, a huge amount of oxygen that we breath comes from the ocean, mind you that also include production from seaweeds and seagrass.

In the last years new research have shown corals that are more resilient to temperature and acidic changes, nature is adapting in certain cases by itself and also humans are cultivating more resilient species. Although this is good news, humans are still not off the hook (pun intended 😉), we need to adapt our ways to stop destroying the ocean.

Conservation of the marine ecosystem is much more then just raising awareness or planting some coral. It's:
- collecting data, through reef surveys and other methods,
- talking with local fishermen, showing them less destructive ways of fishing. They are not the enemy, they need to support their family,
- working with local governments, setting up Marine Protected Ares (MPA's), and making sure they're enforced,
- working with international governments and institutions, because the ocean does not care about human made lines on a map, and also a lot of illegal fishing is often done by trawlers from other countries.

I can talk for hours about this stuff, haha

I invite fellow actualizers and @Leo Gura to come and visit, to see the incredible beauty of the under water world and the closest you will get to seeing real life aliens.

Edited by OmniNaut

@Keryo Koffa I remember he went on a tangent about all the different kinds of palm trees in one video, now I notice the differences in palm trees more heh. Yes it would be fun if Leo made a random video talking about corals or palm trees etc for hours:D

14 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Coral_Outcrop_Flynn_Reef.jpgI gathered timestamps where Leo talks about Corals.
I would like to see way more of that in the future! 😁

Corals are absolutely essential to our Ecosystem!
Please spread awareness about the Importance of Coral Reefs.
Corals are fascinating & transcend the animal/plant Duality ☯️

"There's a multiplicity, diversity, complete cornicopia of corals and sea life, plants & animals!

As Leo once said: "A lot of people don't appreciate this Coral area at all!"

"Various kinds of Corals, various kinds of Fungi, Mushrooms, blur the line..."

And of course Leo already pointed through Spiral Dynamics all the way from Beige to Coral.

So then Leo, where are my Corals at?

And it will be a video about nothing. Just like me speaking about Kardashev's type civilization 3. It's pure speculation. 

3 hours ago, Applegarden8 said:

And it will be a video about nothing. Just like me speaking about Kardashev's type civilization 3. It's pure speculation. 

"Speculation is often dismissed as impractical or irrelevant, yet it is the fertile ground from which most groundbreaking ideas emerge. History shows that many of the inventions and discoveries that shaped our world—such as electricity, space travel, and quantum physics—began as speculative thinking, often ridiculed or misunderstood in their time. To dismiss exploration and nuance in the pursuit of knowledge is to overlook the very process by which humanity evolves. By embracing the unknown and expanding the edges of what we currently understand, we open the door to progress that cannot always be measured by immediate practicality but, instead, by the eventual transformation it brings. Speculation is not a detour from knowledge; it is a catalyst for future innovation." - ChatMVP, because I can't be bothered with these replies at this point 😁

Are you talking coral in spiral dynamic? if we can a country like the US for just stage yellow, earth would change as we know it
just studying stage yellow mind takes ages,

as of normal corals i would watch any 3 hours episode of leo lol

even if leo made 3h episode on how to be a good Muslim i would watch it LOL (I hope not LOL)

even tho leo make long ass videos, his depth is crazy good