Buck Edwards

What are the ways in which broke people can develop themselves?

29 posts in this topic

Nothing personal. I asked out of curiosity but it's been bothering me for a long time. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

33 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Nothing personal. I asked out of curiosity but it's been bothering me for a long time. 

Develop in what way?

Financially? Spiritually? Socially? etc. 

But to give a very general answer. The first step is to make a commitment to yourself to follow through and not quit. It’s of ultimate importance to take this step seriously. 

Then. Develop an attitude of progression and excellence. Have a healthy sense of narcissism. Whatever challenge you face your inner talk should be “Of course I can handle this. I am perfectly equipped to do this“

This isn’t supposed to foster arrogance or even delusion.  It’s about replacing  your doubts and insecurities with a strong healthy frame of reference to face adversity with. 

Obviously we are, most of the time , not perfectly equipped to handle x,y,z, but the point is having an all conquering attitude.

Edited by Marcel

Happily Insane

Start thinking about saving the money you have and earning the money you don't have. To do this, you need to search for a new job that pays you more than before and start investing your money in skill improvement or in prerequisites needed for the new job or business. 

Never forget that the money you earn is directly proportional to the knowledge (in terms of skills or managing people or money) you have in your job or business. The more knowledge you have, the more money you can earn. 

Try to have conversations with people who have succeeded in the field you are in now. Their experience will help reduce a lot of expenses and solve many problems that you face in daily life. 

Finally, remember these three words: earning, saving, and learning. Keep them in mind and repeat them.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

41 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

I will get warning points if I say this, but I will. I think you are @Tyler Robinson and @Preety_India.

Spiritual practice (any form) is what you can always do, even if you are poor.

3 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

@Spiritual Warfare that didn't make sense sorry. 

It absolutely makes sense; broke people are not incapable of this. You are acting as if broke people can't make significant changes.

Just now, Applegarden8 said:

I will get warning points if I say this, but I will. I think you are @Tyler Robinson and @Preety_India.

Spiritual practice (any form) is what you can always do, even if you are poor.

Yea I'm. Why should that bother you. And no you aren't going to get any warning points for it. But it's no Eureka moment either. I don't know how that was relevant to the topic. I wasn't talking about spiritual practice. The thread is in personal development. Developing yourself in a personal development sense while broke. My identity should have nothing to do with the topic. Besides all the mods and Leo already know. 

1 minute ago, Spiritual Warfare said:

It absolutely makes sense; broke people are not incapable of this. You are acting as if broke people can't make significant changes.

How can they make significant changes if they don't have the money for it? That was the whole point of the question. 

Just now, Buck Edwards said:

How can they make significant changes if they don't have the money for it? That was the whole point of the question. 

Change often begins with small, manageable steps that do not require large sums of money, such as volunteering or seeking mentorship. Many community organizations offer support and training programs that can help individuals develop new skills at little or no cost. 

Change often begins with small, manageable steps that do not require large sums of money, such as volunteering or seeking mentorship. Many community organizations offer support and training programs that can help individuals develop new skills at little or no cost. 

Do you have such organizations in your country? 

Just now, Buck Edwards said:

Do you have such organizations in your country? 

Yes, but it's much harder in the Middle East and Africa. 

@Buck Edwards

People who are poor immigrants are receiving money from our government in Sweden, and it's a lot. Many Swedes are upset because immigrants can stay home all day while Swedish people have to work hard, and many of them don’t earn more money than immigrants do, which is surprising. But that is how it works in Scandinavia and many parts of Europe.

@Buck Edwards

People who are poor immigrants are receiving money from our government in Sweden, and it's a lot. Many Swedes are upset because immigrants can stay home all day while Swedish people have to work hard, and many of them don’t earn more money than immigrants do, which is surprising. But that is how it works in Scandinavia and many parts of Europe.

Yea I get that. I was specifically referring to broke people not immigrants. 

6 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Yea I get that. I was specifically referring to broke people not immigrants. 

Sorry, I meant refugees; they are often poor.

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

Yea I'm. Why should that bother you. And no you aren't going to get any warning points for it. But it's no Eureka moment either. I don't know how that was relevant to the topic. I wasn't talking about spiritual practice. The thread is in personal development. Developing yourself in a personal development sense while broke. My identity should have nothing to do with the topic. Besides all the mods and Leo already know. 

All of this is my honest opinion, as honest as I can be. I am sorry, it will be hurtful, but I will say it. I will tell you why it bothers me. And it really does, it pains me to see. It shows to me that personal development mostly is bullshit and talk, obsession about nothing tangible, based on what I see you expressing on this forum. It's micromanaging a mental diarrhea. Maybe I should stop posting instead. I have been a fool.

My reply to your topic will have no impact whatsoever. Nothing will be refined, improved or developed. Spiritual practice is the most practical self-development I have known and Leo has built a brand on it to help people with it.

What I found in google:

"Personal development or self-improvement consists of activities that develop a person's capabilities and potential, build human capital, facilitate employability, enhance quality of life, and facilitate the realization of dreams and aspirations."

Now, you probably would argue why I am incorrect and so on, so forth. And here we are, ten thousand posts later. Was a single technique implemented, diet adopted, unusual challenge accepted, life purpose looked or was there any seeking? I don't know, only you truly and honestly know.

I just sincerely hope you realize to stop, and I hope that your quality of life improves from what you are facing.

The worst thing is that people will also think what you are discussing (and I mean  the content of 10000 posts) is self-development. But after thousands of posts, what has really worked?

If you want to hang out, hang out, chat, discuss, but don't tell me this is personal development.

Just now, Applegarden8 said:

All of this is my honest opinion, as honest as I can be. I am sorry, it will be hurtful, but I will say it. I will tell you why it bothers me. And it really does, it pains me to see. It shows to me that personal development mostly is bullshit and talk, obsession about nothing tangible, based on what I see you expressing on this forum. It's micromanaging a mental diarrhea. Maybe I should stop posting instead. I have been a fool.

My reply to your topic will have no impact whatsoever. Nothing will be refined, improved or developed. Spiritual practice is the most practical self-development I have known and Leo has built a brand on it to help people with it.

What I found in google:

"Personal development or self-improvement consists of activities that develop a person's capabilities and potential, build human capital, facilitate employability, enhance quality of life, and facilitate the realization of dreams and aspirations."

Now, you probably would argue why I am incorrect and so on, so forth. And here we are, ten thousand posts later. Was a single technique implemented, diet adopted, unusual challenge accepted, life purpose looked or was there any seeking? I don't know, only you truly and honestly know.

I just sincerely hope you realize to stop, and I hope that your quality of life improves from what you are facing.

The worst thing is that people will also think what you are discussing (and I mean  the content of 10000 posts) is self-development. But after thousands of posts, what has really worked?

If you want to hang out, hang out, chat, discuss, but don't tell me this is personal development.

No impact whatsoever. Have a great day! 

Aim for a corporate job and work your ass off in that job

Most problems can be solved with money, so making more money should be a priority. It will make you more at peace as you worry less and feel more free to live according to your values. Get a job/go into education.

Besides that, there are a lot of cheap/free resources on the internet. Library is also free and often have desktop computers available.

Journaling is cheap and a tried and true self-help tool.

See what social services are available to you and if they help improve your emotional state and future prospects. If you are a woman, having kids could be a way to receive benefits in certain countries (only if you like kids).

@Buck Edwards Come to terms with your shadow by allowing it into your life. It manifests as difficult emotions so you have to show a sense of love and compassion for a side of you that you’re suppressing. Your actions and decisions will be far more authentic once you begin the integration process 

This is the development of emotional mastery and maturity