Kokorec

Amazing Content Same Life

11 posts in this topic

Hey hello, I really do consume superb content. Like, you know the feeling when a sentence is heard and everything clicks and the knot in your head unties. Yeah, I feel that many times. When I look at my life though I see that there's a huge gap between where these untying, superb, amazing ideas are and how they fit into my life. 

After this gap happened so many times I stared to think if these ideas are not worth much compared to experience and maybe that's the reason they don't effect my life. 

But in my heart I feel as if these ideas are soo valuable but I lack something in me to add their value in to my life. What do you think? Where is the balance between experience and lessons/information? Is there a attitude towards content that enables it effect in your life?

(tldr: If you think it's too long, you need to read it and increase your attention span, which is as short as a goldfish's)

4 minutes ago, Kokorec said:

tldr: If you think it's too long, you need to read it and increase your attention span, which is as short as a goldfish's)

@Kokorec This troll is unneeded.

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

31 minutes ago, Kokorec said:

Hey hello, I really do consume superb content. Like, you know the feeling when a sentence is heard and everything clicks and the knot in your head unties. Yeah, I feel that many times. When I look at my life though I see that there's a huge gap between where these untying, superb, amazing ideas are and how they fit into my life. 

After this gap happened so many times I stared to think if these ideas are not worth much compared to experience and maybe that's the reason they don't effect my life. 

But in my heart I feel as if these ideas are soo valuable but I lack something in me to add their value in to my life. What do you think? Where is the balance between experience and lessons/information? Is there a attitude towards content that enables it effect in your life?

(tldr: If you think it's too long, you need to read it and increase your attention span, which is as short as a goldfish's)

It can certainly feel like that when you get into self-development. Understand that learning theory doesn't translate to concrete tangible life changes equally. It's often a slow process. It takes time and concious little by little efforts to build up results and even with that it's not a linear process of success, you encounter new challenges along the way. It takes some time for self-help ideas to settle in your psyche and change it's working and eventually it becomes your operating system and then it becomes easy to grow. 

Some Ideas and Ideals are so big that it can consume your life to get fully embodied.

Edited by Sandhu

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

19 hours ago, Sandhu said:

It can certainly feel like that when you get into self-development. Understand that learning theory doesn't translate to concrete tangible life changes equally. It's often a slow process. It takes time and concious little by little efforts to build up results and even with that it's not a linear process of success, you encounter new challenges along the way. It takes some time for self-help ideas to settle in your psyche and change it's working and eventually it becomes your operating system and then it becomes easy to grow. 

Some Ideas and Ideals are so big that it can consume your life to get fully embodied.

Yeah sometimes I do slightly feel it, what I've learned/heard gets repeated in my mind when the situation is right. But they don't effect fully.

Yes you lack the ability to use the idea and tailor it to your life.

Ideas are just ideas, if you cant find a way to use it in your own way its useless information.But since you give authority to teachers, you are stuck...

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

@Kokorec Ideas are worthless if not put into action. Instead of just thinking and having 'AHA' moments, focus on creating tangible results. Otherwise, your self-esteem will suffer.

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

3 hours ago, Kokorec said:

what I've learned/heard gets repeated in my mind when the situation is right. But they don't effect fully.

Like what?

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

7 hours ago, Sandhu said:

Like what?

When I get bored about work and suffer I remind myself to embrace it and the fact that this is exactly where my growth will happen. Or when hesitating to approach someone in someway being scared of the out come I remind my self that I will die someday and its not that important. Shit like that. 

Recently noticed these.

Growing in life is slow and sometimes boring but it’s definitely worth it. Even if you follow 20% of the advices, your life still improves.

Try to embrace good habits and nurture your mind with wise books. 
Your life will be better than 80% of society.

@Kokorec As Heaven has said above, growing is a slow process. In short term you probably won't see much progress, but it's a long term game. Most important thing is that you keep chipping away. Short term little failures doesn't mean anything. Just stay resilient and you'll see great progress over the years. 

Edited by Sandhu

Yeah, I'm a cool person.