Thought Art

Released New Song on Streaming Services

20 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, 

I recently put out my new song on streaming services. I’d love to hear your feedback, and if you like the song. 

This is a relaxing song, ideal for mornings, cafes or nature walks. 

This release represents for me a large healing for my inner artist and a way to build momentum with this part of myself. 

Here is the Spotify link. It should be available on all streaming services. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/497ew2J0WOenl2v9VFJPBS

Youtube Music:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=J5b0_8tdeHc&si=xLfSdsws6WpV0lic

IMG_4638.jpeg

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It's a good asmr for me. I'm reading right now and it's playing in the background. Cool work. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

I got the feeling I want to listen to this 5 times over. Not kidding that's a great track. 

I'll use it when I'm doing laundry, reading or going for a walk in nature (if you don't mind).

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Ayyyyy  congrats dude! 

Started listening and found myself just reflecting on my life. Wanting to reconnect with people.

Feel this is such a song to listen to on train rides by the window. Just reflecting on things and thinking about where you want your life to go.

Great tune mate :)

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

Hell yeah man! That's nice. I like the sound. I was waiting for a beat drop though 😆

@integration journey Thanks man, I was using a Guitar and my voice. The producer used a light synth underneath. 

◭"89"

@Joshe Interesting how we all he’s things differently. No drums on this, went for a simple recording. A lot of people I’ve showed it to during the recording process said it shouldn’t have drums. Interesting indeed. 

@Buck Edwards Happy to hear you enjoy it!

@darkpencil1 Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art Sounds great. The guitar solo on the outro was a nice touch. My only feedback would be to see if you can experiment with moving the energy of the song more in your writing. It tends to stay at one level, which can be good but also might be limiting and repetitive.

Maybe try mixing in a chord progression change, a bridge or new melody in the verse.

Edited by aurum

@aurum That is a very good critique. I definitely want to go deeper with my song writing. I think répétition is something I really like.  However, as I start putting out more songs I’m going to be deepening and exploring the art of song writing. But, we will see. I also really enjoy this song as it is. Perhaps my music fits a specific niche. We will see. I enjoy the simplicity of this song. The simple melody makes it relaxing and subtle. 

I am definitely looking to grow as a song writer. I think deepening my understanding of structure will help. There is also a matter of improving my set up in terms of my processes, and equipment. I have some ideals I’ll be investing into over coming years.

This song in particular, is repetitive. Not all my songs are. This song also doesn’t fit typical song structure. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I’d like to make something more full like this. 

That’s gonna take a different chapter of my life. Next couple projects are essentially exercises in putting something out. 

For me, and my honest Opinion Mountaintops is a fantastic song. The recording is strong, not perfect. 

I can hear and see the other songs of mine along with this one and I think it’s super cool. Ultimately I’m gonna do my own thing. 

Honestly, my religion might be me playing and singing with my guitar completely in ecstatic rapture. I want to make meditative music. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I usually like mellow music with various instruments, including bass because I enjoy the musical harmony. 

coastline

But "Mountaintops" sounds decent. I added to my playlist. 

@jimwell Thanks man, 

I also listened to the coastline is a good song thanks for sharing it with me. It is a very different type of music. Very good. 

I am glad I did this. Sharing this simple song is healing me. The more I can heal this artist part of myself the more I can create. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I liked it; it's good that you're putting your work out there. Listened to it in the background while checking the forum.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 hours ago, aurum said:

@Thought Art It tends to stay at one level, which can be good but also might be limiting and repetitive.

Yeah, this is the feedback I'd give.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao Fair, but it’s a good song. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

You could easily be part of Lollapalooza's line up if you add some bass and some drums. Production and sound is flawless, and the voice is great.

I say this but have in mind I listen bands like Car Bomb, so it's not my cup of tea.

@Human Mint thanks man! That would be a dream come true. 

◭"89"