Leo Gura

Punctuation, Capitalization, Grammar

103 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ero said:

How you guys collect warning points is beyond me. Been here for 6 years and am yet to get one.

Maybe I should treat it like a badge or sum.

The majority of users doesn't have any warning points. Whereas many users who already have warning points keep on getting them (from time to time). So it's quite often either none or many. Either you're not problematic at all or consistently problematic.

It's quite interesting. There is 270 members on the forum with 1K+ posts (571 members with 500+ posts) (excluding Leo and mods), maybe someday I'll analyze their statistics (primarily warning points) when I find the time. :P 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a notice for everyone who posts:

We are cracking down on people who post without proper punctuation and capitalization. Properly capitalize your posts and titles. Use proper punctuation in your sentences. Use proper grammar.

I will be handing out warning points to people who chronically refuse to capitalize and punctuate their posts.

Make sure that you properly capitalize your title when starting a new thread. Do not make all lowercase thread titles.

To Mods: if you see people posting without proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar, send them a private message informing them to start doing it or they will receive warning points in the future.

Here is a brief guide to proper capitalization:

https://writer.com/blog/capitalization-rules/

Oh my God, I'm in trouble...

I am not a crybaby!

13 hours ago, Nemra said:

@Davino, there are AI tools for grammar that can help you, if you have the time to correct and respond.

It's a very interactive way of learning.

QuillBot has a free grammar checker.

Speaking of AI, Grammarly has done wonders for me. Well, maybe not wonders exactly.

Edited by El Zapato

I am not a crybaby!

@El Zapato, I would use that, but it's expensive for me.

I don't like the way they show the prices. At first, you think that you would be paying per month, but then you see the real price when you pay more attention.

Edited by Nemra

Just got some leaked footage out of actualized HQ

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

31 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@El Zapato, I would use that, but it's expensive for me.

I don't like the way they show the prices. At first, you think that you would be paying per month, but then you see the real price when you pay more attention.

I use it until I run out and then try to extrapolate to make the little lines go away.

I am not a crybaby!

What about unserious replies to serious threads? And people using the forum as chat? 

16 minutes ago, Butters said:

What about unserious replies to serious threads? And people using the forum as chat? 

You can always report specific cases to Mods on the moment.

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

2 hours ago, Butters said:

I see more serious replies to unserious threads.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

FYI, if you cannot properly capitalize a thread title, don't expect any quality employer to hire you.

Small details like that matter to serious people because professionalism and quality matters in all lines of business. Sloppiness and laziness screams low quality, low standards, low self-respect.

So for the sake of your careers I hope you don't type to your employers and clients like you do on this forum.

Big lesson: How you do anything is how you do everything. Try to do everything well.

If you get red squigglies under your words when typing, try your best to correct it and after you can't, look it up on Google. This is how I learn to spell.

Example: I just learned the problems with this word: 

GheA6vq.png

This lesson is hard to balance though. I don't want to spend too much time on spelling. 

1 minute ago, Joshe said:

Big lesson: How you do anything is how you do everything. Try to do everything well.

If you get red squigglies under your words when typing, try your best to correct it and after you can't, look it up on Google. This is how I learn to spell.

Example: I just learned the problems with this word: 

GheA6vq.png

This lesson is hard to balance though. I don't want to spend too much time on spelling. 

I care to spend even less time on grammar...Truth, after 3 consecutive years of the same yapping, I completely disregarded it and proceeded to not only ignore it, but forget it.  I might add I did an admirable job.

I am not a crybaby!

Just now, El Zapato said:

I care to spend even less time on grammar...Truth, after 3 consecutive years of the same yapping, I completely disregarded it and proceeded to not only ignore it, but forget it.  I might add I did an admirable job.

Yeah, I like to just put out what comes out and then refine a little bit afterwards. My 11th grade education level doesn't help much but I do the best I can without going deep into structure. I at least try to punctuate and spell correctly. I should set aside some time to improve my punctuation. 

I often ask AI how I can articulate my thoughts better, which is probably one of the best tools available for this sort of thing. Grammarly seemed cool a few years ago but it was getting on my nerves and interfering with stuff in Chrome, but I think I will have a look at some tools like this. 

I recently started using "windows + h" for speech to text into any textbox. Pretty nice. 

I myself need to fix my grammar.

Almost missed this thread,will look out for it 👍.

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

12 hours ago, Ulax said:

If you don't get off on bullying others, aren't very emotional reactive, aren't a drama queen and/ or don't troll too hard, then imo you won't rack up warning points too much.

And some users on here used to LOVE drama lol.

Not at all.

I have 15 warning points, the first ones were essentially merited because i trolled but most of the time it's moderators who don't like your face and take advantage of being on the internet to play cowboy.
Sometimes it's because i say something about chelation products without saying "I think that", other times it's because I wrote some sentence in capital letters in a post, another time it's because i speak curtly to someone to help them and it doesn't please babies who think that helping someone is doing people pleasing, etcetc.

Out of over 5000 posts where i talk about literally anything and everything, i think I'm doing pretty well.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

1 hour ago, Joshe said:

Yeah, I like to just put out what comes out and then refine a little bit afterwards. My 11th grade education level doesn't help much but I do the best I can without going deep into structure. I at least try to punctuate and spell correctly. I should set aside some time to improve my punctuation. 

I often ask AI how I can articulate my thoughts better, which is probably one of the best tools available for this sort of thing. Grammarly seemed cool a few years ago but it was getting on my nerves and interfering with stuff in Chrome, but I think I will have a look at some tools like this. 

I recently started using "windows + h" for speech to text into any textbox. Pretty nice. 

yup, my feeling exactly, no mental interference that way.

I am not a crybaby!

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

FYI, if you cannot properly capitalize a thread title, don't expect any quality employer to hire you.

Small details like that matter to serious people because professionalism and quality matters in all lines of business. Sloppiness and laziness screams low quality, low standards, low self-respect.

So for the sake of your careers I hope you don't type to your employers and clients like you do on this forum.

@Schizophonia I have 3, the first two perfectly reasonable for my post-dissodelic cryptic mass-posting.
The last one was a lame excuse, but it pointed me in the right direction & progressed me universally.

@NoSelfSelf Hmm, I would think Game knows no grammar 😜

@Joshe My POV is Diminishing Returns. Intuitive Learning > "THE SUN IS A DEADLY LAZER"

@Heaven Leo.AI coming soon to Actualized.org to fix you your Grammar

@Keryo Koffa here Leo enforces his game,so if this is his forum it must be followed.

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

Just now, NoSelfSelf said:

@Keryo Koffa here Leo enforces his game,so if this is his forum it must be followed.

B-but... isn't his game that we're all Leo together in this Solipsistic orgy, no? 😅 I'll see myself out...

12 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

B-but... isn't his game that we're all Leo together in this Solipsistic orgy, no? 😅 I'll see myself out...

😂😂