Keryo Koffa

Would you go back in time if you could?

33 posts in this topic

On 25/09/2024 at 10:55 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

@BlueOak Yay, save me with the Advaita quotes, Nothingness dogma is soooooooo great...

Again saving 'me' would require the exact opposite.

You don't save a self or a me by doing any of this. 

Existence is entirely dedicated to slowly doing the opposite. You have just chosen to come to a place to speed it up, and are experiencing contrast or resistance to it as the ego kicks back.

My ego wants to kick back in a reflection, its been that kind of day for me. In whole and in part. If I was smart i'd wait till tomorrow to reply to you as it'll be a different one generated.

@BlueOak I'm not entirely sure where all of this is supposed to lead, except "Nowhere" but what is that, is it as I'm consistently getting the impression of "A state of complete and utter denial of existence itself through its dissolution through one's own dissolution through the dissolution of every bias, and doing everything to keep it that was, so much so, to transcend the strange loop and just the nothingness without any sensation forever, the seeming end goal of all these pointers and language used" or is it just liberation from temporary suffering but not existence or its exploration in and of itself.

You can come back tomorrow, I gotta sleep myself and it's gonna be a long day tomorrow.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

I wouldn't. There is so much gold in the mistakes, failure, dead-ends, and wrong turns. In many ways it shapes us into who we are.

I could image that, if you actually went back in time and lived it "perfectly" where you thought you made mistakes, you would quickly realize just how much those mistakes were needed to learn whatever it is you needed to learn.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

On 9/24/2024 at 3:00 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

Sure, you can always just find the same situations & desires to live out in the now instead
But psychedelics easily allow you to go back in time, so I was considering and wondering...

If I were to go back in time, to ace situations, revisit nostalgia, and set up better foundations...
Should I do that, or would it even matter? I bet I'd have great fun & could override past failures
The past is saved inside my psyche & I don't think I'd particularly care about being forgotten here

But it would prolong what I'm really looking forward to, which lies after death outside this dimension
So then, go back, revamp, maximize potential, have a cleaner run, or just keep going normally as is?

But that's just an idea, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme, whatever I need I can actualize now
There's just lots of opportunities that would have added to my experience had I known what I know now

Maybe that's just lofty talk, and if I returned and oriented myself, I'd let out the loudest *sigh*
"Now I remember why I was the way I was and hated this time/place, I wanna go back to the future" 😁
I guess it doesn't matter when or where you are, the only thing that matters if you're wearing rose-tinted glasses or not

It's purely ego but knowing that - hell yeah why not?  We are playing the ego game right?

Or are we being righteous?  Are we trying to act with wisdom and against the ego to further align with Truth and Love? 

If the latter going back doesn't matter. But if the former - well- fuck man game on.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Would go back a few years. These past few years have really just been me 24/7 trying to figure out meditation and therapy. And most of progress in that, for me, is just learning what works for me. Now I'd know what therapist to work with and have more understanding of what meditation to do.

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

On 9/24/2024 at 4:00 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

Should I do that, or would it even matter? I bet I'd have great fun & could override past failures
The past is saved inside my psyche & I don't think I'd particularly care about being forgotten here

But it would prolong what I'm really looking forward to, which lies after death outside this dimension
So then, go back, revamp, maximize potential, have a cleaner run, or just keep going normally as is?

I say stay here because you're the best source of fresh wisdom I've currently got. 😆 

Aside from that, what's the point?

• Intellectual/spiritual/reality exploration, testing limits, etc.
  • To fix something
  • To maximize the now (fix something)
  • Understand yourself
  • All of the above + 20 other ideas  😂

This desire/fantasy makes more sense if you're older. How old are you? Are you wishing you had more time to explore? 

If the desire/fantasy is more utilitarian than exploratory, then imagine how useless altering the past would be if you ceased all mentation that associated negative thoughts with your present circumstances. From this orientation, you would essentially have the same amount of creative power now to create your future as you'd have if you were creating it from the past. The only difference would be, in the past, you'd have a slightly better shot at predicting the chain of events, but that slight edge wouldn't account for much because there's too much complexity for you to handle. God made sure Keryo wasn't going to timehop that easily. I hope this makes sense. I'm loopy. 

All that could be done from the past could be done from the present. You could always maximize and always want more, like Kenneth Copeland. 

Tomorrow, you could wake up and get on a plane and fly to Japan and become a buddhist. That would alter your future. THINK OF THE POWER! 

As long as your rose-colored glasses are being used to look ahead, there is no difference in creative potential. One foot in front of the other is what creates the future and you do that now, whether it's in the past or the present. 

Yes, definitely, I would like to be at red/blue my whole life, unhealthy version of it, be agressive, and maybe beat my wife who knows, but God knows it would be amazing feeling to be part of 99% of planet population. Just to fit in the rest. 

13 hours ago, Joshe said:

I say stay here because you're the best source of fresh wisdom I've currently got. 😆 

Aside from that, what's the point?

• Intellectual/spiritual/reality exploration, testing limits, etc.
  • To fix something
  • To maximize the now (fix something)
  • Understand yourself
  • All of the above + 20 other ideas  😂

This desire/fantasy makes more sense if you're older. How old are you? Are you wishing you had more time to explore? 

If the desire/fantasy is more utilitarian than exploratory, then imagine how useless altering the past would be if you ceased all mentation that associated negative thoughts with your present circumstances. From this orientation, you would essentially have the same amount of creative power now to create your future as you'd have if you were creating it from the past. The only difference would be, in the past, you'd have a slightly better shot at predicting the chain of events, but that slight edge wouldn't account for much because there's too much complexity for you to handle. God made sure Keryo wasn't going to timehop that easily. I hope this makes sense. I'm loopy. 

All that could be done from the past could be done from the present. You could always maximize and always want more, like Kenneth Copeland. 

Tomorrow, you could wake up and get on a plane and fly to Japan and become a buddhist. That would alter your future. THINK OF THE POWER! 

As long as your rose-colored glasses are being used to look ahead, there is no difference in creative potential. One foot in front of the other is what creates the future and you do that now, whether it's in the past or the present. 

@Joshe Aww, that's the sweetest thing I heard in weeks!

It's like I've been playing a game and just noticed I missed a gazillion side missions and NPC dialogues.
There are so many parts that went unexplored, and lots of events & opportunities unappreciated.
And also tons of moments I'd love to revisit and reexperience for the nostalgia and memes.
Like the quicksilver video edit I posted, but swooping through the time dimension instead.
And so many memories & promises forgotten, I'd love to connect & fulfill all of them.
It's like that Futurama dog scene, it's just too sad, you just gotta go Retrocausality on it.

But I'm not sure it's up to me to initiate all of that in this particular way during this lifetime.
The more I think about it, the more it seems everyone will have their hands full doing that after-life.
To recontextualize, revisit, and mend each part of the psyche and each experience past.
To realign & expand, not reverse but "proverse", to reconstruct and rebuild any mistake.
The self remains, the memory remains, the experience remains, included, mended, transcended.

I think for you, as a science guy, I'll have a good metaphor:

Imagine you could freely and precisely observe the structure of your brain/mind.
And you see lots of inefficiencies, redundancies, disconnected neurons, synaptic errors, damages...
And now imagine you have the ability to mend it, to synchronize the entire structure with awareness.
You can heal it from the inside out, you transverse your own structure and can mend it where needed.

Of course, it's much more exciting than just fixing stuff and improving some "rounding errors"
You can traverse its entirety, and learn how it changes, evolves, and connects.
In holistic fashion, you link separate areas, make space, optimize, and revamp, it's great.

And the psychic equivalent of a physical mechanism exists through deep meditative introspection.
If done right at least, in my case, I had exogenous aids, and fixing the past = fixing the present.

You don't have to literally revisit the past, it was just a cool idea, but I think I'll leave it for the afterlife 😁

Then again, I turned 24 a bit ago, which means I'm like super freaking old, not even boomer, silent gen.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

On 27/09/2024 at 0:04 AM, Keryo Koffa said:

@BlueOak I'm not entirely sure where all of this is supposed to lead, except "Nowhere" but what is that, is it as I'm consistently getting the impression of "A state of complete and utter denial of existence itself through its dissolution through one's own dissolution through the dissolution of every bias, and doing everything to keep it that was, so much so, to transcend the strange loop and just the nothingness without any sensation forever, the seeming end goal of all these pointers and language used" or is it just liberation from temporary suffering but not existence or its exploration in and of itself.

You can come back tomorrow, I gotta sleep myself and it's gonna be a long day tomorrow.

Let's flip it on its head then and make this very focused.

Wanting to go back and change something is rejecting who you are.

Wanting growth and exploration of you (existence) is the opposite.

@Keryo Koffa I’d like to go back in time to 60s San Francisco. Get high as fuck  

Fucking trailblazers those hippies

Edited by Chadders

I already go back in time everyday and learn lots of lessons from the past;)

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality