Keryo Koffa

Would you go back in time if you could?

33 posts in this topic

Sure, you can always just find the same situations & desires to live out in the now instead
But psychedelics easily allow you to go back in time, so I was considering and wondering...

If I were to go back in time, to ace situations, revisit nostalgia, and set up better foundations...
Should I do that, or would it even matter? I bet I'd have great fun & could override past failures
The past is saved inside my psyche & I don't think I'd particularly care about being forgotten here

But it would prolong what I'm really looking forward to, which lies after death outside this dimension
So then, go back, revamp, maximize potential, have a cleaner run, or just keep going normally as is?

But that's just an idea, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme, whatever I need I can actualize now
There's just lots of opportunities that would have added to my experience had I known what I know now

Maybe that's just lofty talk, and if I returned and oriented myself, I'd let out the loudest *sigh*
"Now I remember why I was the way I was and hated this time/place, I wanna go back to the future" 😁
I guess it doesn't matter when or where you are, the only thing that matters if you're wearing rose-tinted glasses or not

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Well if you go back in time with the knowledge you have now you haven't gotten back in time as there is the future mind then in the past body. That could be incredibly weird. Like I am way more mature now then 10 years ago and I think people would notice. 

But when you look at it less realistically - on the one I pissed away so many good years and I could have had so many great experiences but on the other hand I dont know how I would have turned out without difficulties. It's a mystery at the end of the day. 

I like a similar perspective.

Create a vision where right now you are living in the past and you can change it.

You are changing your past from a 2034 POV.

I highly recommend this book:

Be Your Future Self Now: The Science of Intentional Transformation

https://a.co/d/aork74f

@Jannes I was super introverted, philosophical & self-aware even as a kid, so no one would be able to tell xD

I agree, the past in good, bad, suffering & struggles evolved my mind to its current self, I wouldn't have it reset
All that matters and I desire, I do so because of all that got me here, without it, past self is just a random person
If I were to go back, it'd be with the full knowledge that I have now, to continue my current development there

But I feel the world is synchronized to its current configuration for a reason, butterfly effects would be funky

@CARDOZZO Amazing take, the present is continuously becoming past, also reminds me when I used to think:

"What if I did come back from the future & my intuition is guiding me already, what should I be doing now?"

The future is also a sort of past one can imagine, that is to say, they're both imagination, yet future is directed
It can be decided and brought about through action, so "change past" is arbitrary, since the present too is past

The direction of the future is actively created, and that vision is really inspiring, I'll check out the book

4 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

There is no time, nor past, maybe

I guess clocks don't exist either, nor experience, nor appointments, nor reality, awareness, or this forum.
It's all imagination, pesky and persistent one that just doesn't wanna stop, but then again, "it doesn't exist"
Or maybe that's just the hypnosis we're trying out to unmanifest or accept it because of "positive thinking"

Maybe the real way to live life is to all come together, stare at each other, and tell each other we don't exist until we stop existing 😁

Edited by Keryo Koffa

No I have been living by the seat of my pants my entire life. Everything you are doing that you do not see a point too has a point. You already beat the other levels perfectly. You can replay them later. I party and have lot of sex in my younger years I would not go back. You can have infinite sex and never be satisfied. You can go to endless party and never be satisfied. And when you are satisfied they are now useless.

Edited by Hojo

Don't think so, it would get old fast, and I'd much more likely be driven mad by all the foreknowledge. An occasional trip down the memory lane aided by psychedelics is another matter though, sign me up. The nostalgia is so great precisely because of how melancholic and bittersweet it is, the memories are hazy like images in Plato's cave, yet we cherish them nonetheless, the fleeting nature is a major part of the value. 

They say hindsight is 20/20, but that could also work in the other direction, if you study and understand enough domains of human life through the past and present, a prediction ability almost akin to clairvoyance could be developed. That IMO is much cooler and more rewarding, plus the mystery aspect remains to some extent. I've been observing this larger theme of limitation lately, as limited beings the grass sure seems greener on the other side, but most satisfaction is derived from constraints, like a perpetual motion machine, always reaching for something, but never quite getting there. Living life as the limit approaching infinity, however far you manage to get, and then in death you become infinity at last. 

On this topic, I've always had dreams that show the future. Nothing meaningful, so I'm not a millionaire from betting on sports, but they're 100% accurate down to the minute details. These grant me the ability to act with more freedom, as the fact that I keep having them means whatever I do next, it will turn out fine, as the future has already taken place. Time is one hell of a strange loop. 

53 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Maybe the real way to live life is to all come together, stare at each other, and tell each other we don't exist until we stop existing

Fascinating thought experiment, if one were to gather every person in the world and have them continuously and unanimously deny one's existence, how many would fall prey to that gaslighting? Would being aware of cogito ergo sum be of any help? What about different methods of denial, could be active, straight up proclaiming you don't exist, or passive, whereby everyone simply refuses to acknowledge your presence no matter what you try. There's sure to be lots of dissonance either way, but the former is likely to be less taxing on the mind. Could this actually lead to developing a stronger sense of self/autonomy, as you directly experience your independence of the others' perspectives? Or, if driven to suicide from despair, in a twisted way it could be said the denial worked, you removed yourself from existence. Creates a bit of a paradox, gotta love the mind's games. Testing could be performed in a Truman Show-esque fashion, but that'd be highly unethical and logistically challenging. Oh well, theory's plenty. 

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

33 minutes ago, LambdaDelta said:
  • Would get old because of foreknowledge
  • There's Meaning and Value in the Finite, Mystery & Constraints
  • Safety-based precognition is more satisfying in exploring calmly.
  • Live approaching infinity as far as you can and fall into infinity at death.
  • How would active/passive denial affect gaslighting & cognito ergo sum dissonance? 
    Would it make us see our Independence or drive to Despair, it's a Paradox, Truman?
  • Yeah, though I wonder how much "suffering repetition" is the inability to relax in the present.
  • 100% agree. And yet, I'd love to more dynamically switch between imagination and actualization.
  • That's for sure, knowing you can handle mistakes and don't have to worry opens you up to live.
  • After a telepathic strange loop and my "coral trip" reality convergence, I was left with this message.
  • Actually, I've been exploring the idea of psychic mutually reinforcing fields structuring reality
    Think chakras, manifestation, mahasamadhi, chi. And that "Beliefs shape Reality", even physically
    After all, everything experienced is a mind simulation, so I wonder what would really occur 😁

50 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

I wonder how much "suffering repetition" is the inability to relax in the present

That's the bulk of it, though there's also extremes that I like to venture into, which sometimes backfire. I posted recently about getting stuck in a state of consciousness so bland I tried to off myself after mere hours of it. Gets me thinking about personalized hells. To imagine God loves even that is both moving and terrifying.

56 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

And yet, I'd love to more dynamically switch between imagination and actualization.

Yeah, that's cool for a change! There's a good deal of supernatural powers in those fields that can be cultivated.

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Actually, I've been exploring the idea of psychic mutually reinforcing fields structuring reality
Think chakras, manifestation, mahasamadhi, chi. And that "Beliefs shape Reality", even physically

That ties in nicely with the topics of authority, social matrix, limiting beliefs, and such. Lots of holism 

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

Definitely.

I made so many mistakes as a kid and teenager. Plenty still in my adulthood. 

The world around me and my experience would be better if I changed a few key things.

But it cannot be helped nor can I blame myself, I was a product of my environment with almost zero autonomy.

God and I worked things out

Play Life Is Strange. Not a good idea messing with time. The way you remember your reality won’t be the same. Wouldn’t that suck?

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

I would love to travel back in time to witness the crucifixion of Jesus, not out of disrespect, but to fully appreciate the profound impact and irony of that moment in history. 

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

On 24/09/2024 at 10:24 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

I guess clocks don't exist either, nor experience, nor appointments, nor reality, awareness, or this forum.
It's all imagination, pesky and persistent one that just doesn't wanna stop, but then again, "it doesn't exist"
Or maybe that's just the hypnosis we're trying out to unmanifest or accept it because of "positive thinking"

Maybe the real way to live life is to all come together, stare at each other, and tell each other we don't exist until we stop existing 😁

He's giving you the keys off the ride around again.

Updated your last line:
Maybe the real way to stop reincarnating is to all come together, stare at each other, and tell each other we don't exist until we stop existing.

@BlueOak Yay, save me with the Advaita quotes, Nothingness dogma is soooooooo great...

1. "Who is the one asking the question?"
  2. "Where is the boundary between you and the world?"
  3. "What is witnessing this very thought?"
  4. "Who were you before the thought 'I am' arose?"
  5. "Can the seer be seen?"
  6. "What is here without labels or names?"
  7. "Who are you when you are not thinking?"
  8. "Where is the beginning of now?"
  9. "What lies beneath the constant stream of mind?"
  10. "Can the mirror see itself?"
  11. "Who experiences the body?"
  12. "What is prior to birth and death?"
  13. "What exists beyond the need for definition?"
  14. "Can the self be found in anything outside of this moment?"
  15. "Who is aware of your dreams?"
  16. "Is there a thinker behind the thoughts?"
  17. "Without memory, who are you?"
  18. "What is the source of the 'I'?"
  19. "Is the witness bound by time?"
  20. "Who stands apart to say 'I am'?"
  21. "Can anything arise without awareness?"
  22. "Where do thoughts come from, and where do they go?"
  23. "What is the nature of the silence within?"
  24. "Who holds onto the idea of a separate self?"
  25. "Is the perceiver different from what is perceived?"
  26. "What is the self made of?"
  27. "Can the 'I' be seen directly?"
  28. "Who experiences time if there is only the now?"
  29. "What observes both pleasure and pain?"
  30. "Who is beyond the body and mind?"
  31. "Where is the center of the universe if there is no 'you'?"
  32. "What is aware of the thoughts about the future?"
  33. "Who watches the unfolding of this moment?"
  34. "Can you point to yourself without thought?"
  35. "Where do you end and the world begin?"
  36. "Who controls the breath?"
  37. "What is left when you stop identifying with the mind?"
  38. "Is the self found in any object or sensation?"
  39. "What happens when you let go of the need to be someone?"
  40. "Who is aware of both waking and sleeping?"
  41. "What perceives even the most subtle feeling of 'I'?"
  42. "Can anything exist outside of awareness?"
  43. "Who is present in deep sleep?"
  44. "What is there before the mind assigns meaning?"
  45. "What observes the thoughts of both doubt and certainty?"
  46. "Who is the one waiting for liberation?"
  47. "Is the self separate from the flow of life?"
  48. "Who is there when the story of 'you' fades away?"
  49. "What remains when the sense of individuality dissolves?"
  50. "Who observes the witness?"
  51. "Who is aware of your awareness?"
  52. "Where does the 'I' reside?"
  53. "Who is listening right now?"
  54. "Can you observe the observer?"
  55. "Who notices the rise and fall of emotions?"
  56. "What sees beyond seeing?"
  57. "Who claims ownership over this body?"
  58. "Where do you go when thoughts stop?"
  59. "Who is it that seeks enlightenment?"
  60. "What is behind the feeling of being separate?"
  61. "Who is it that doubts?"
  62. "Can you find the thinker of your thoughts?"
  63. "What observes the passage of time?"
  64. "Who is aware of the mind's chatter?"
  65. "Where is the self you are trying to protect?"
  66. "Who watches thoughts pass like clouds?"
  67. "What lies beyond the identification with form?"
  68. "Is there a self apart from this moment?"
  69. "Who is the creator of experience?"
  70. "What is the source of your identity?"
  71. "Can you separate yourself from this present awareness?"
  72. "Who is aware of awareness being aware?"
  73. "What watches the changes in your body over time?"
  74. "Is there a 'you' outside of thought?"
  75. "Who is it that desires control?"
  76. "What witnesses the sleep and waking states?"
  77. "Where is the observer located?"
  78. "Who is the knower of all sensations?"
  79. "Can the self exist without being perceived?"
  80. "What lies between you and pure being?"
  81. "Who labels this experience?"
  82. "Where does the 'I' dissolve in deep meditation?"
  83. "Who fears the loss of self?"
  84. "What sees the world without filters?"
  85. "Who defines what 'you' are?"
  86. "Can you experience the world without a 'me'?"
  87. "What is prior to all thoughts of identity?"
  88. "Who is aware of the awareness of thought?"
  89. "What notices both effort and surrender?"
  90. "Where is the one who seeks peace?"
  91. "What witnesses all states of consciousness?"
  92. "Can the ego exist without attachment?"
  93. "Who experiences the flow of time?"
  94. "Where is the 'I' in the silence of being?"
  95. "Who feels separate from the universe?"
  96. "What remains when the story of 'self' falls away?"
  97. "Is there a thinker behind every thought?"
  98. "Who experiences both doubt and belief?"
  99. "What observes the space between thoughts?"
  100. "Can you separate yourself from awareness itself?"

@Hojo I feel it. Nothing is wasted, everything adds to the experience and its post-appreciation.

@LambdaDelta I've been there too, strange looped eternal repetition, and incoherent dissolusive hell.
There were trips where I could surrender, but minimized bandwidth of comprehension itself sucks.

Before-we-even-know-what-we-are-we-fear-@Staples That last part where before autonomy we emerge 
as a result of the environment reminds me of a quote:
"
Before we even know what we are, we fear to lose it."

@r0ckyreed I put that Game off for way too long, now that you mention it, I really gotta integrate it.
I've seen videos on prediction and the butterfly effect recently, it gets way too complex way too fast

2 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

"Before we even know what we are, we fear to lose it."

Bars.

It must be this way, there's no way around it. That's just how consciousness development and emergence works.

God and I worked things out

4 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@BlueOak Yay, save me with the Advaita quotes, Nothingness dogma is soooooooo great...

1. "Who is the one asking the question?"
  2. "Where is the boundary between you and the world?"
  3. "What is witnessing this very thought?"
  4. "Who were you before the thought 'I am' arose?"
  5. "Can the seer be seen?"
  6. "What is here without labels or names?"
  7. "Who are you when you are not thinking?"
  8. "Where is the beginning of now?"
  9. "What lies beneath the constant stream of mind?"
  10. "Can the mirror see itself?"
  11. "Who experiences the body?"
  12. "What is prior to birth and death?"
  13. "What exists beyond the need for definition?"
  14. "Can the self be found in anything outside of this moment?"
  15. "Who is aware of your dreams?"
  16. "Is there a thinker behind the thoughts?"
  17. "Without memory, who are you?"
  18. "What is the source of the 'I'?"
  19. "Is the witness bound by time?"
  20. "Who stands apart to say 'I am'?"
  21. "Can anything arise without awareness?"
  22. "Where do thoughts come from, and where do they go?"
  23. "What is the nature of the silence within?"
  24. "Who holds onto the idea of a separate self?"
  25. "Is the perceiver different from what is perceived?"
  26. "What is the self made of?"
  27. "Can the 'I' be seen directly?"
  28. "Who experiences time if there is only the now?"
  29. "What observes both pleasure and pain?"
  30. "Who is beyond the body and mind?"
  31. "Where is the center of the universe if there is no 'you'?"
  32. "What is aware of the thoughts about the future?"
  33. "Who watches the unfolding of this moment?"
  34. "Can you point to yourself without thought?"
  35. "Where do you end and the world begin?"
  36. "Who controls the breath?"
  37. "What is left when you stop identifying with the mind?"
  38. "Is the self found in any object or sensation?"
  39. "What happens when you let go of the need to be someone?"
  40. "Who is aware of both waking and sleeping?"
  41. "What perceives even the most subtle feeling of 'I'?"
  42. "Can anything exist outside of awareness?"
  43. "Who is present in deep sleep?"
  44. "What is there before the mind assigns meaning?"
  45. "What observes the thoughts of both doubt and certainty?"
  46. "Who is the one waiting for liberation?"
  47. "Is the self separate from the flow of life?"
  48. "Who is there when the story of 'you' fades away?"
  49. "What remains when the sense of individuality dissolves?"
  50. "Who observes the witness?"
  51. "Who is aware of your awareness?"
  52. "Where does the 'I' reside?"
  53. "Who is listening right now?"
  54. "Can you observe the observer?"
  55. "Who notices the rise and fall of emotions?"
  56. "What sees beyond seeing?"
  57. "Who claims ownership over this body?"
  58. "Where do you go when thoughts stop?"
  59. "Who is it that seeks enlightenment?"
  60. "What is behind the feeling of being separate?"
  61. "Who is it that doubts?"
  62. "Can you find the thinker of your thoughts?"
  63. "What observes the passage of time?"
  64. "Who is aware of the mind's chatter?"
  65. "Where is the self you are trying to protect?"
  66. "Who watches thoughts pass like clouds?"
  67. "What lies beyond the identification with form?"
  68. "Is there a self apart from this moment?"
  69. "Who is the creator of experience?"
  70. "What is the source of your identity?"
  71. "Can you separate yourself from this present awareness?"
  72. "Who is aware of awareness being aware?"
  73. "What watches the changes in your body over time?"
  74. "Is there a 'you' outside of thought?"
  75. "Who is it that desires control?"
  76. "What witnesses the sleep and waking states?"
  77. "Where is the observer located?"
  78. "Who is the knower of all sensations?"
  79. "Can the self exist without being perceived?"
  80. "What lies between you and pure being?"
  81. "Who labels this experience?"
  82. "Where does the 'I' dissolve in deep meditation?"
  83. "Who fears the loss of self?"
  84. "What sees the world without filters?"
  85. "Who defines what 'you' are?"
  86. "Can you experience the world without a 'me'?"
  87. "What is prior to all thoughts of identity?"
  88. "Who is aware of the awareness of thought?"
  89. "What notices both effort and surrender?"
  90. "Where is the one who seeks peace?"
  91. "What witnesses all states of consciousness?"
  92. "Can the ego exist without attachment?"
  93. "Who experiences the flow of time?"
  94. "Where is the 'I' in the silence of being?"
  95. "Who feels separate from the universe?"
  96. "What remains when the story of 'self' falls away?"
  97. "Is there a thinker behind every thought?"
  98. "Who experiences both doubt and belief?"
  99. "What observes the space between thoughts?"
  100. "Can you separate yourself from awareness itself?"

I’m thinking I should bookmark this and ask one question from this list every day for the next 100 days

4 hours ago, integration journey said:

I’m thinking I should bookmark this and ask one question from this list every day for the next 100 days

Ask Chat to generate 100 advaita questions and you just stole half the members' jobs 😁
It's better yet because it's inquisitive pointers rather than repetitive "There is no x"