FourCrossedWands

The most overrated Movies/TV series?

226 posts in this topic

What did you all think about the movie Brightburn? I honestly liked it, even though it's going to become a meme.

๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž.
๐ˆ๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž, ๐ข๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก, ๐ข๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐›๐ฌ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž. ๐ข๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ

Who is going to watch the new Joker movie, and do you think itโ€™s going to be better than the first one? Lady Gaga plays the Joker, and Iโ€™m not sure if I have good or bad feelings about that.

๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž.
๐ˆ๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž, ๐ข๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก, ๐ข๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐›๐ฌ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž. ๐ข๐ญโ€™๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ

1 hour ago, FourCrossedWands said:

@mattm33

This is a common thing in most monster movies, even in Alien. The monster is usually super-deadly when facing secondary characters, but becomes less capable when chasing the main character, because you know, the main character is supposed to stay alive, lol.

I get that. I'm not a horror movie fan so I'm definitely biased. With the great reviews it got I was hoping for more I guess. I don't like it when movies sacrifice their own internal logic for the sake of making something more dramatic or emotional. That feels lazy to me and it takes away from or negates the impact. But I'm probably asking too much from a monster movie.

How do I delete the extra quotes? :$ Never mind... it let me delete them when I tried a fifth time?

Edited by mattm33

The best movies are either those that are 100% logical, or those that are completely illogical on purpose.

If a movie tries to be extremely serious and logical, but the characters do stupid decisions and are overly dramatic, etc., it can really put down the whole movie, no matter how realistic it is (cough, cough Nolan... )