FourCrossedWands

The most overrated Movies/TV series?

226 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Nemra said:

😂

I felt like, in The Rings of Power, people were doing a fun casual roleplay.

Season 2 is better, though.

Edited by UnbornTao

25 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Season 2 is better, though.

Ok, I'll watch it.

Anyone else here a fan of American Psycho?

Normally, I’m quite opposed to Stage Orange materialism, but this movie and book had me fawning over that lifestyle and now I have a craving for it, what should I do? I know the purpose of American Psycho is to critique the excesses of American Capitalist individualism, but they made it look so cool!

I hope I one day have enough money to wake up in an expensive New York apartment, hop out of bed, do my morning exercises with an ice pack on my face, and then proceed to apply my ten step skin care routine.

Is the Patrick Bateman character more Stage Red or Orange?

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@Husseinisdoingfine I watched it like two months ago, and absolutely loved it! I'd say Maxximum Orange.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

9 hours ago, Ero said:

MMA/ Fighting sports are the only thing that can help stage Red to transition to Blue in a healthy manner. For certain populations, the alternatives are worse.

You pulled this out of your ass

As a side note, MMA as a sport promotes health and masculine virtues. In competition however, there are serious threats to one's wellbeing.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Anyone else here a fan of American Psycho?

Normally, I’m quite opposed to Stage Orange materialism, but this movie and book had me fawning over that lifestyle and now I have a craving for it, what should I do? I know the purpose of American Psycho is to critique the excesses of American Capitalist individualism, but they made it look so cool!

I hope I one day have enough money to wake up in an expensive New York apartment, hop out of bed, do my morning exercises with an ice pack on my face, and then proceed to apply my ten step skin care routine.

Is the Patrick Bateman character more Stage Red or Orange?

Well I guess, in Spiral Dynamics, the idea would be that you focus on all these stage orange successes for a while. Until you hit the limitations of the stage, and start moving more strongly into Green. Main limitations are lack of connection to others, and just overall emptiness of orange success. 

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

12 hours ago, Ero said:

MMA/ Fighting sports are the only thing that can help stage Red to transition to Blue in a healthy manner. For certain populations, the alternatives are worse.

Religion can be very helpful for red to blue. 

Just look at violent prisoners who convert to a religion.

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

6 hours ago, Davino said:

You pulled this out of your ass

As a side note, MMA as a sport promotes health and masculine virtues. In competition however, there are serious threats to one's wellbeing.

Nowhere did I mention competition. MMA is a sport, not a promotion. I grew up surrounded by street kids/ ultras - if you didn’t know how to fight, it would be really bad. As I said, I describe very specific environments few of you Westerners have ever experienced.

4 hours ago, Ulax said:

Religion can be very helpful for red to blue. 

Just look at violent prisoners who convert to a religion.

Wouldn’t say religion is healthy. Look at what it does to the middle east. Discipline and confidence that you can handle a hairy situation are entirely different. One thing is to memorise paragraphs, another is to work your ass in the gym until you can’t breathe. In life and death situations, it saves lives. I myself have had a few of those. Wouldn’t expect most people here to understand.

Edited by Ero

@Ero I know some communities benefit from fighting gyms not to end on the streets, drug dealing or in terrorist groups. But your spiral dynamics claims was very far off. It clearly shows you don't understand the intricacies of the model. I know it because you are knowledgeable and in other posts it has been clear to me that you know exactly what you are talking about.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

55 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Guys, can you keep it on topic? 😜

This is becoming a bad movie:/

5 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Guys, can you keep it on topic? 😜

My bad, this is my last off-topic response

4 hours ago, Davino said:

@Ero I know some communities benefit from fighting gyms not to end on the streets, drug dealing or in terrorist groups. But your spiral dynamics claims was very far off. It clearly shows you don't understand the intricacies of the model. I know it because you are knowledgeable and in other posts it has been clear to me that you know exactly what you are talking about.

How about you actually read the book for once and abstain from making statements about mine or any one else's understanding. The level of epistemic laziness on this forum sometimes baffles me. I quote from THE Book on Spiral Dynamics:

p.216 "When properly handled, this raw self-assertive power [of red] contributes to a positive sense of control, lets the group break from constraining pro forma traditions, and energizes a society to reach for the very ends of the Earth."

p.222 "Then, carefully managed programs converting unhealthy to healthy RED can be introduced the discipline of martial arts,...Lessons in finding Blue moral anchors .... can only take root if the ground is preprard through healthy Puprple and Red-based building."

Where are your references?

Mad Max Fury Road.

It's not a terrible movie, but there is so much action it was actually painful to watch for me. Also, it had so many clichés and illogical things I couldn't stand. Acting was OK.

The sequel was slightly better.

Here's some super overrated movies. 

• No Country for Old Men
  • Old James Bond Movies
  • The Dark Knight Trilogy
  • The Godfather Trilogy
  • The Shining (1980)
  • Game of Thrones
  • Lord of the Rings
  • The original Star Wars
  • Every Mad Max
  • The Truman Show
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Alien and Aliens
  • Jaws
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Indiana Jones
  • Kill Bill
  • The Big Lebowski
  • Titanic
  • Die Hard
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • The Matrix

48 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Here's some super overrated movies. 

• No Country for Old Men
  • Old James Bond Movies
  • The Dark Knight Trilogy
  • The Godfather Trilogy
  • The Shining (1980)
  • Game of Thrones
  • Lord of the Rings
  • The original Star Wars
  • Every Mad Max
  • The Truman Show
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Alien and Aliens
  • Jaws
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Indiana Jones
  • Kill Bill
  • The Big Lebowski
  • Titanic
  • Die Hard
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • The Matrix

Just to be clear, are you saying that the old James Bond movies, Alien movies, and Star Wars movies are overrated, while the new ones are perfectly fine? 😳

4 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Just to be clear, are you saying that the old James Bond movies, Alien movies, and Star Wars movies are overrated, while the new ones are perfectly fine? 😳

Only cult classics considered legendary can truly be overrated.

On the other hand, what if I said yes non-challantly, just to spite you?

I just watched "a quit place" and was frustrated with it. It started strong with the unique premise and seemed good at the tension building without resorting to jump scares. It's inconsistency with it's own logic ruined that by the end for me. The monster's strength and hearing ability changes based on what the scene needs. That wife and baby should have been dead so many times. The monster could hear the gentle hum of the tv screen but not her heavy breathing or body noises. They have to use fabric for board game pieces but the monster couldn't hear the kid loudly running through the cornfield? In another tense scene they go from using a door as a raft after they almost die in the "quicksand" like grain. To hiding under that door in the same grain invalidating the previous tension and making me laugh. Sand path...implausible... I could keep going. Maybe I'm just too OCD or something? :P

https://screenrant.com/quiet-place-universe-things-make-no-sense/

@mattm33

This is a common thing in most monster movies, even in Alien. The monster is usually super-deadly when facing secondary characters, but becomes less capable when chasing the main character, because you know, the main character is supposed to stay alive, lol.