FourCrossedWands

The most overrated Movies/TV series?

226 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nemra said:

You have said that you have a bias for truth. 🤔

Maybe you think we're absolutely wrong, but you don't want to say it.

There's nothing right or wrong about liking or disliking whatever art.

Just embrace the subjectivity of it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would still watch Marvel on repeat before any type of anime movie to be honest, it just feels unnatural.

2 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

I would still watch Marvel on repeat before any type of anime movie to be honest, it just feels unnatural.

But would you watch the flash TV series? 😭

They ruined it after 2-3 seasons. It became about family, like the Fast and Furious.

Edited by Nemra

I haven't watched any kind of anime other than Pikachu when I was young. However, I've been thinking about watching some.

4 minutes ago, Nemra said:

But would you watch the flash TV series? 😭

They ruined it after 2-3 seasons. It became about family, like the Fast and Furious.

I haven't watched any superhero movie for years. I think the Logan movie was actually the last one, which was ok, but since then I just don't want to waste my time with this kind of movies.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against action and Asian-style fighting scenes, if they are done right. The first Raid movie was excellent.

@FourCrossedWands, and the CGI became bad with every season.

8 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

I just don't want to waste my time with this kind of movies.

Me neither. There are already good and ok ones enough. I don't think these kinds of movies are going to be fresh and new.

CINEMA

Edited by UnbornTao

On 9/24/2024 at 10:45 AM, FourCrossedWands said:

In my opinion these are the most overrated movies and TV series. I am not going to mention the obvious ones like Avatar, LOTR, etc. Just those that are not usually considered overrated.

1. Anything from Christopher Nolan. Be it Inception, Interstellar, Tenet, etc. I find most of his films extremely boring and pretentious. Some of his older movies are good, but still overrated.

2. The John Wick series. I mean everyone is masturbating on these films. Are they really that good? I don't think so.

3. Game of Thrones. The most overrated show in the history. Nothing else needs to be said...

4. Some anime movies/shows. I don't remember their names but there is like a billion of anime movies and shows that are glorified, because people just like anime for some reason.

5. Most of the Marvel/superhero movies.

Your thought?

Do I have a bad taste? 😁

EDIT:

This is a very nice list of overrated movies, although it's pretty old.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls055163074/?sort=user_rating%2Cdesc

I mostly agree with this, in fact you mentioned the main one's I would have. Here's some more I'd include.

Batman Movies

Walking Dead 

American Psycho - Kind of decent, but still overrated. 

Shawshank Redemption - pretty good, but overrated.

Sin city 

Boondock Saints

No country for Old Men - Decent, but overrated 

James bond series -Might just not be my cup of tea, same with taken and bourne and maybe even Wick.

Taken series

Bourne series

Things that seem overrated but I haven't seen because they don't appeal to me.

Breaking Bad

Dune

Entourage

Black Mirror

American Horror Story 

Edited by Mulky

Mandolorian

On 9/25/2024 at 0:59 PM, Leo Gura said:

LoTR is the most overrated thing ever.

The whole series is bad and unwatchable. I never understood why anyone liked it.

I have not watched any of the movies, because I end up falling asleep somehow, so I cannot actually judge them. I did however finish reading The Hobbit this past summer. Adored Tolkien's writing style, eager to the rest of the books. I have not read fiction in a long time, so it was pleasant. 

On 9/24/2024 at 11:20 AM, FourCrossedWands said:

Rewatched Inception and Tenet lately and fell asleep.

Watch the Paprika(2006) film if you haven't, Inception is actually based off it and much better.

The Alchemist book

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter // Full time Restful Cube living on government welfare 

@Mulky That is a very good selection of overrated movies.

I would even agree that Black Mirror as a whole is overrated, even though it is my favorite series. I think some episodes are overrated, but others are underrated. Some newer episodes like "Smithereens" and "Beyond the Sea" deserve higher rating IMO.

Black Mirror is more like 30 different short movies rather than a typical TV series, some are worth watching, others not so much.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

@Leo Gura  original LOTR trilogy has this very noble, warm, and classy vibe to it which is very unique. And I think that's what people love about it.

There isn't too much gore or cruelty
There are no sex scenes / vulgar scenes in general. Romance is shown in an actually romantic way.
Everybody acts based on values and principles
It's a simple story of good vs evil

It gives you a break from all the other movies and tv shows.

LOTR is a good "safe" movie that looks nice and doesn't offend. Other than that, it doesn't really have that much to offer. It's a good movie to watch on a Sunday evening with your family, but there is nothing else to it. The story is average, the characters are bland (either good or evil), and it has a good ending. I would rate it maybe 7/10.

It's funny how graphic scenes of the mass slaughter of orcs is not considered offensive, but one titty and people consider it unsafe.

#OrcsNeedLuv2

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's funny how graphic scenes of the mass slaughter of orcs is not considered offensive, but one titty and people get offended.

ck9s3s2rh8281.jpg

1 hour ago, FourCrossedWands said:

@Mulky That is a very good selection of overrated movies.

I would even agree that Black Mirror as a whole is overrated, even though it is my favorite series. I think some episodes are overrated, but others are underrated. Some newer episodes like "Smithereens" and "Beyond the Sea" deserve higher rating IMO.

Black Mirror is more like 30 different short movies rather than a typical TV series, some are worth watching, others not so much.

The characters in Black Mirror are often very cartoonish. It’s so black or white, and I think this is a huge mistake. It doesn’t fit the series.