FourCrossedWands

The most overrated Movies/TV series?

226 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It can be done, but it's hella hard.

For example, the new Bladerunner flopped. Even though it was very well made and better than the original.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yep. No matter how good the film is, you're always subject to market forces. 

That film will probably pay for itself over the next 10-20 years in streaming residuals though. But I got no data there, just speculating.

There's a lot of long term profit in owning content.

One of the best benefits of making a good film is it's timelessness. It can continue to make money for decades.

Edited by Staples

God and I worked things out

There are certain movies that deserve Goat status just based on the historical precedent they have set. Majority of people who have watched '2001: Space Odyssey', for example, say it is overrated without realizing that only thanks to it are there Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. The sheer technological innovation and story building by Kubrick and Arthur C Clarke is phenomenal. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed Interstellar, it is nowhere close to GOAT sci-fi movie. That is hands down the former. 

Alien by Ridley Scott has a similar position for cosmic horror. 

Edited by Ero

4 hours ago, Ero said:

There are certain movies that deserve Goat status just based on the historical precedent they have set. Majority of people who have watched '2001: Space Odyssey', for example, say it is overrated without realizing that only thanks to it are there Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. The sheer technological innovation and story building by Kubrick and Arthur C Clarke is phenomenal. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed Interstellar, it is nowhere close to GOAT sci-fi movie. That is hands down the former. 

Alien by Ridley Scott has a similar position for cosmic horror. 

This guy gets it. The movie needs to be groundbreaking and something completely new to even be considered the "GOAT" in its genre. There are so many good space movies that just saying one random recent movie is the best is ridiculous. Sunshine, Moon, Gravity, Passengers, etc. all were pretty good and IMO better than Interstellar, but none of them is the "GOAT".

Edited by FourCrossedWands

42 minutes ago, Rishi K Dev said:

@Leo Gura Do you watch anime ?, If so what are some of your favourite shows ?

Never

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Never

I recommend Attack On titan. Very well animated, with great characters and voice actors. Amazing soundtracks and a relatively very philosophical story full of twists!

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Never

Based 💯

Surprised there's not more Nolan love here, his movies took on a totally new meaning for me after learning about nonduality and metaphysics. If Nolan isn't an awakened person (I don't really know anything about him personally), his films at least act as conduits for those ideas. There's tons of metaphysical resonance in his films:

• The writing's clunky, but in Interstellar he's clearly talking about Love as the ultimate force behind everything. Plus the Tesseract and higher dimensional thinking.
  • There's a huge theme in his films, including Interstellar, of our future selves helping us. Obviously Tenet touches that too. 
  • Tenet is basically a story of a guy who initially thinks he's a random person being swept up by incomprehensible events, to realizing that he's literally the protagonist of a story he was directing all along, from his subjective future. It's a story of awakening.
  • There's a line in Oppenheimer that got me... "It is a new way to understand reality. Einstein's opened the door, now we are peering through. Seeing a world inside our world. A world of energy and paradox that not everyone can accept."

@thedoorsareopen, the grass is greener on the other side, I guess.

As I remember, Nolan discovered lucid dreaming, from which the movie "Inception" was inspired.

Yes, for sure Nolan is awaken and that's why 10 million people rated his movies 10/10 on IMDB. There are so many awaken people, totally makes sense lol

17 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Yes, for sure Nolan is awakened and that's why 10 million people rated his movies 10/10 on IMDB. There are so many awaken people, totally makes sense lol

Remember, people can love movies for different reasons. If it's loved by lots of people, it doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

Your attack on Nolan makes no sense, to be honest. You are focused too much on the hype of the movie.

Edited by Nemra

I don't see many people reading metaphysical things into Nolan, it's clear most of his fans are more secular and that stuff goes over their heads. But, he clearly knows what he's doing, or at the very least is an artistic vessel for truthful ideas.

Yes, well I am not attacking Nolan or anyone who truly loves his movies. But I am just suspicious that most of his movie ratings are simply not valid and fair.

"Movie smart, I also smart, I rate movie 10"

9 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

"Movie smart, I also smart, I rate movie 10"

They could be rating movies by that logic.

But the IMDB rating is 8.7/10 and 73% by the Rotten Tomatoes. So, by their rating, it is not the best movie.

Edited by Nemra

28 minutes ago, Nemra said:

But the IMDB rating is 8.7/10 and 73% by the Rotten Tomatoes. So, by their rating, it is not the best movie.

Great, now I can sleep better 😁

8 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Great, now I can sleep better 😁

Then who's rating's were you referring? 😄

Still, it's great! 😌 Let's agree to disagree.

Edited by Nemra

The Dark Night trilogy is pretty good in my view.

Edited by UnbornTao

1 minute ago, UnbornTao said:

The Dark Night trilogy is pretty good in my view.

Batman's voice gets me off guard every time. But, yeah, it's good.

I love the dark night but his batman voice is the worst. I try to justify it something like batman is a master ninja and detective but he's no actor and trying his best. :P

Grease, Hairspray. Fucking hate musicals. And they always draw the annoying push-over millennial crowd.

Only good musical is Tenacious D and that's it.