Cireeric

Great Video on Nutrition

33 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed this one. Easy to implement tricks that will make a difference without requiring to change your diet in any major way.

Sorry but she lost me when she said diet soda is better than regular soda. Plus she promotes dairy. Her favorite dessert is chocolate icecream with chocolate sprinkles. Nothing wrong with that, but for national information most ice creams on the market are filled with toxic ingredients. All sugar is the same ...no no. She said honey, maple syrup. No, raw honey is not the same as processed heated honey and real maple syrup has a different effect on the body than processed maple syrup. She said, and left it there, that bananas and mangos and tropical fruits have lots of sugar. Yes, but bananas also provide potassium and lots more vitamins and is safe for most except diabetics. Mangos, vit c and other vitamins. Not to mention pineapples.

She gives a lot of good info and I'm not saying she's totally off, but she's not someone I'd take nutritional advice from on the whole. I'm not an expert, far from it, but I've read a lot of books about nutrition and seen a lot of other experts speak on these things and her info is very basic, some stuff she says is too general. Not all foods are the same and it depends on how it's processed and what's in it. Like, she'll just mention cake, cereal, chocolate etc, but never said dark chocolate with 70% or higher cacao is best. Cereal.....what cereal, which brand what kind of cereal. Oatmeal is different than Cheerios and cereal made from coconut flakes is better than corn flakes. 

Point I'm making is yes, she's got the glucose information down packed and it's impact on the body, but I don't think she's detailed enough about the types of food and how it depends on a lot of factors. Her info on glucose spikes and how glucose impacts the body is her expertise, but I don't think she has enough information or gave enough detail on the differences. She also mentioned taking vinegar before a meal, when asked what type of vinegar she said any kind and said white vinegar is fine, I don't think so. Plus is balsamic vinegar the same or cheap red wine vinegar VS pure apple cider vinegar with the mother? Idk, like I said she's not detailed enough.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Woo it's a very yin woman.

May you elaborate so I may expand my understanding of your gender dynamics paradigm?

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Sorry but she lost me when she said diet soda is better than regular soda. Plus she promotes dairy. Her favorite dessert is chocolate icecream with chocolate sprinkles. Nothing wrong with that, but for national information most ice creams on the market are filled with toxic ingredients. All sugar is the same ...no no. She said honey, maple syrup. No, raw honey is not the same as processed heated honey and real maple syrup has a different effect on the body than processed maple syrup. She said, and left it there, that bananas and mangos and tropical fruits have lots of sugar. Yes, but bananas also provide potassium and lots more vitamins and is safe for most except diabetics. Mangos, vit c and other vitamins. Not to mention pineapples.

She gives a lot of good info and I'm not saying she's totally off, but she's not someone I'd take nutritional advice from on the whole. I'm not an expert, far from it, but I've read a lot of books about nutrition and seen a lot of other experts speak on these things and her info is very basic, some stuff she says is too general. Not all foods are the same and it depends on how it's processed and what's in it. Like, she'll just mention cake, cereal, chocolate etc, but never said dark chocolate with 70% or higher cacao is best. Cereal.....what cereal, which brand what kind of cereal. Oatmeal is different than Cheerios and cereal made from coconut flakes is better than corn flakes. 

Point I'm making is yes, she's got the glucose information down packed and it's impact on the body, but I don't think she's detailed enough about the types of food and how it depends on a lot of factors. Her info on glucose spikes and how glucose impacts the body is her expertise, but I don't think she has enough information or gave enough detail on the differences. She also mentioned taking vinegar before a meal, when asked what type of vinegar she said any kind and said white vinegar is fine, I don't think so. Plus is balsamic vinegar the same or cheap red wine vinegar VS pure apple cider vinegar with the mother? Idk, like I said she's not detailed enough.

Yeah I agree with most of your critique, maybe the episode was particularly interesting for me because I never dived into the topic of glucose-spikes and since that is her throughline on nutrition I think she is pretty solid on that. I think the hacks she presented are quite solid and easy to implement addition to my nutrition-habits.

The perspective she presents in this video is not the most comprehensive but there is stuff I learned and she shared the information in an interesting way.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

It makes sense if you look at it through the lense of glucose-spikes. That is her paradigm. Of course that paradigm is limited.

2 hours ago, Cireeric said:

Yeah I agree with most of your critique, maybe the episode was particularly interesting for me because I never dived into the topic of glucose-spikes and since that is her throughline on nutrition I think she is pretty solid on that. I think the hacks she presented are quite solid and easy to implement addition to my nutrition-habits.

The perspective she presents in this video is not the most comprehensive but there is stuff I learned and she shared the information in an interesting way.

I totally agree.

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, Cireeric said:

It makes sense if you look at it through the lense of glucose-spikes. That is her paradigm. Of course that paradigm is limited.

Yes, It's a paradigm, for sure. I know I react sometimes because of the paradigm I'm operating from as in natural medicine; but I'm aware of it (thanks to Leo's video 'how paradigms work"; and, as a result, I try to have an open mind in that respect where applicable. I think that's where she falls short, like you said.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

This is so retarded. I can't believe it. 

"Is there such thing as good sugar?"

"The molecules in the fruit smoothie and the molecules in the chocolate cake are the same!"

This is an excellent example of stage orange scientific reductionism and is hilariously un-holistic and frankly pretty anti-common sense.

The fruit smoothie sugar just so happens to be packaged with dozens of phytochemicals, vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and living water that your body thrives on (that's why all your organs run on sugar). 

Along with many other positive effects that are not known by science yet.

Whereas the sugar in chocolate cake is packaged with eggs, dairy, wheat flour, and is also stripped of all it's naturalness.

Honestly, it requires so much mental gymnastics to convince yourself that fresh fruit (that grows off the goddamn trees) isn't good for you. It's so fucking stupid. Don't believe a word that comes out of this woman's mouth.

Edit: I'm actually amazed that you guys are believing this stuff. I feel so sorry for you.

So disconnected from reality.

"Science-backed 😂"

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

She also mentioned taking vinegar before a meal, when asked what type of vinegar she said any kind and said white vinegar is fine, I don't think so. Plus is balsamic vinegar the same or cheap red wine vinegar VS pure apple cider vinegar with the mother? Idk, like I said she's not detailed enough.

All vinegar dehydrates and pickles your organs. Doesn't matter if its Apple Cider or whatever. ACV is good for your hair but not inside your body. Super dehydrating. 

What happens when you put a cucumber in vinegar? It shrivels and shrinks as the water is sucked out of it. Same happens to your fkn liver. 

You dont need to manage your glucose. You need to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and read the medical medium information so that you understand how your body actually works.

Edited by Adam M

1 hour ago, Adam M said:

Edit: I'm actually amazed that you guys are believing this stuff. I feel so sorry for you.

So disconnected from reality.

"Science-backed 😂"

No need to come off so strong. People are learning this stuff at their own pace and there is so much information out there on health and nutrition that it becomes difficult to wee d out the good from the bad stuff if one isn't a nutrition expert or has somewhat studied this stuff for themselves. Take it easy a bit.

Know thyself....

1 hour ago, Adam M said:

All vinegar dehydrates and pickles your organs. Doesn't matter if its Apple Cider or whatever. ACV is good for your hair but not inside your body. Super dehydrating. 

I'm aware that Medical Medium suggests to not ingest vinegar internally because it's dehydrating and also all fermented foods. I love a drink i make with Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, raw honey, ginger juice and cinnamon. It's delicious both hot and cold and sometimes I add turmeric juice to it for a delicious turmeric lemonade tasting drink in the summer. I don't drink it very often; but I don't think I'll suffer from any degenerative diseases by drinking it on occasion, so I'll continue to do so. Plus making salad dressings on occasion with ACV. I try to stay away from the really bad stuff but "a girl gotta live a little".

Know thyself....

9 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

May you elaborate so I may expand my understanding of your gender dynamics paradigm?

I will do a topic on it, i was supposed to do this a week ago but I prefer to do very very serious things like playing Geoguessr.

The devil is in the details.

6 hours ago, Adam M said:

You dont need to manage your glucose. You need to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and read the medical medium information so that you understand how your body actually works.

Exactly.

She's doing a disservice by comparing fruits to processed food and suggesting a "savory breakfast" with butter and other foods high in saturated fat.

She misses that saturated fat increases insulin resistance (which is different than blood glucose). So when she suggests to add some cheese or butter to the sandwich, in the short term it might prevent the glucose peaks, but in the long run that will make the person's body less capable of regulating glucose.

The actual solution is to stop eating shit, not to try to hack around it.

9 hours ago, Adam M said:

This is so retarded. I can't believe it. 

"Is there such thing as good sugar?"

"The molecules in the fruit smoothie and the molecules in the chocolate cake are the same!"

This is an excellent example of stage orange scientific reductionism and is hilariously un-holistic and frankly pretty anti-common sense.

The fruit smoothie sugar just so happens to be packaged with dozens of phytochemicals, vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and living water that your body thrives on (that's why all your organs run on sugar). 

Along with many other positive effects that are not known by science yet.

Whereas the sugar in chocolate cake is packaged with eggs, dairy, wheat flour, and is also stripped of all it's naturalness.

Honestly, it requires so much mental gymnastics to convince yourself that fresh fruit (that grows off the goddamn trees) isn't good for you. It's so fucking stupid. Don't believe a word that comes out of this woman's mouth.

I agree that the messaging of sugar = sugar and therefore a chocolate-cake is the same as a fruit is quite a misplaced message, particularly in the contemporary US food-landscape.

Of course a fruit is better for you than a chocolate-cake and has vitamins, phytochemicals, antioxidants etc. and raw-honey is way more nutritious than refined sugar. She talks from the limited perspective of glucose-spikes. If you can see that her paradigm is limited but has some truth in it and take the signal and throw out the noise I think there is value in her message. A very fundamental teaching here on Actualized. 

That is the same as listening to John Mearsheimer on Geopolitics who presents a political-realist perspective and saying: "this is so retarded, I cant believe it". He too presents a limited paradigm and if you take it for the whole picture you run into problems.

If you present reality with all its nuances and complexities it is way harder to present a coherent and digestible narrative and you also run into all sorts of paradoxes and contradictions.

12 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm aware that Medical Medium suggests to not ingest vinegar internally because it's dehydrating and also all fermented foods. I love a drink i make with Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, raw honey, ginger juice and cinnamon. It's delicious both hot and cold and sometimes I add turmeric juice to it for a delicious turmeric lemonade tasting drink in the summer. I don't drink it very often; but I don't think I'll suffer from any degenerative diseases by drinking it on occasion, so I'll continue to do so. Plus making salad dressings on occasion with ACV. I try to stay away from the really bad stuff but "a girl gotta live a little".

Sounds like a super yummy and nutritious drink! Keep having it, just leave out the ACV. 

Actually, the ACV prevents your body from fully absorbing all of those amazing nutrients from the honey, tumeric, ginger, etc.

Your liver and other organs need to be HYDRATED to get the nutrients where they need to be and to cleanse out bullsh*t.

You can qualitatively see that ACV dehydrates you. After using it in my hair (which is not the same as ingesting it) I feel my mouth become dry. 

Also, you're much better off leaving it off your salad as well. Lemon juice instead. 

Edited by Adam M

5 hours ago, PsychedelicEagle said:

Exactly.

She's doing a disservice by comparing fruits to processed food and suggesting a "savory breakfast" with butter and other foods high in saturated fat.

She misses that saturated fat increases insulin resistance (which is different than blood glucose). So when she suggests to add some cheese or butter to the sandwich, in the short term it might prevent the glucose peaks, but in the long run that will make the person's body less capable of regulating glucose.

The actual solution is to stop eating shit, not to try to hack around it.

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, Adam M said:

? It dehydrates your organs. How is that living?

Been living all these years. I don't see people dropping dead all over the place from consuming apple Cider Vinegar. Don't be so strict about this stuff. Use your own judgement. 

Know thyself....

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Been living all these years. I don't see people dropping dead all over the place from consuming apple Cider Vinegar. Don't be so strict about this stuff. Use your own judgement. 

How would you "see" a person dropping dead from ACV? It's not about being strict it's about being conscious of cause and effect.