Samsonov

I want to change the world

3 posts in this topic

As I am very critical of modernity, and society in general, I aspire to start over, with a group of people, try to find a place where we could grow our on food, build houses, educate children, party, and live communally. A tribe is a word that comes to mind, that is an ambitious desire, but at this point I do not see any other way for me. I struggle to get the balance between my lofty ideas and day to day practicality. On the one hand, growing food, building simple earth houses and survival itself is pretty simple, ( didn't say easy) on the other hand, it just feels impossible to start, it's as if there is something blocking me, whether its a lack of courage, experience or resources or is it generally not feasible, it must be, it is the collective dream of our generation, the zeitgeist, do you have a similar desire/calling? do you face similar struggles ? I m pretty much paralysed, because of my "grand vision" of a new world.

I would say it's a fantasy to escape reality.

You can check that:

If you just desire for it and not love your life as it is = fantasy

If you logically see it as a genuine solution for your worldly problem and for your fulfilment = It's a legitimate purpose to work for

Yeah, I'm a cool person.

What if the reality lies in between those two, all life purposes start as fantasies don't they?
It is just that I have always had very grand aspiration, but that is who I am, when I was a boy I remember promising myself that it would be better to die than not pursue them

Yes, I get that the spiritual advice coming from the things you say is that the work is in finding love and happiness in my life now.
Perhaps it is a matter of the phase Im in, still young and trying to shape my life before I am ready to say that enough for me, and be happy.