darkpencil1

What do you think of my "internal map" artwork?

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

I made a new type of art (for me) and I'm interested to hear how it resonates with people.

Background:
The idea of creating internal maps, maps for our internal experience like we have done for the external world, has fascinated me and I gave it a shot.

When coming up with a vision (for life, finances, relationship, you name it) we go through phases, emotions and states etc.
After doing it all couple of times, you start to recognize patterns. It's like there are same places in your mind you visit in the process of creating a vision. Perhaps finding new "hills and dells" that give more flavour for the process each successive time you seek a vision.
And the locations seem to hold quests, things to do that help you hone down on your vision.

This is what the artwork does, it maps out this inner terrain where you create a vision. A place I call Visionbaker's Bay.

So, with this said how do you feel about the artwork? What do you think about the concept of "internal map"?

Edit: High-res version available here: Artstation - Visionbaker's Bay

visionbakers-bay-pieni.jpg

Edited by darkpencil1
Forum seems to force image resolution a bit too low for my taste

Plenty dang good...I would prefer the colors somewhat richer though.  

I am not a crybaby!

Great. 

Make it more colorful with a beautiful futurist font. (Like a Cyberpunk 2077 Poster)

You can map whole internal worlds of humans, brains, robots, machines, aliens, society.

Thanks for the comments both of you!

@CARDOZZO can you elaborate what you mean with internal worlds of

13 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

brains, robots, machines, aliens, society.

@darkpencil1

I mean...

You can mix storytelling + art to show how a brain maps reality. 

Imagine that your reader will travel to imaginary subjective worlds.

Show to your reader how it is to be alien, robot, brain, machine from his own perspective.

It is a new kind of work.

You will become a pioneer mixing imaginary internal worlds + art + spirituality + storytelling + perspectival thinking. 

I don't have a name for that but take it and develop your vision :D 

Edited by CARDOZZO

@CARDOZZO It's funny, this morning I was playing my room was in Mars as a part of a colony there and I was a Martian Human. I went very deep with the imagination. It seems to me you are describing similar stuff now here. Synchronicity!