Elshaddai

If a tree falls in a forest and there's nobody there does it make a sound?

50 posts in this topic

It will make a sound but no one will hear it...well, maybe a sentient ant or two...they are everywhere the damn pesky things.

I am not a crybaby!

If there's nobody there, who are you disguised as?

A lame koan.

23 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

If there's nobody there, who are you disguised as?

A lame koan.

Oh come on, ru serious?  The ant, of course...

I am not a crybaby!

1 hour ago, El Zapato said:

Oh come on, ru serious?  The ant, of course...

Actually, your self.

:D

39 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Actually, your self.

:D

ok, sounds reasonable 

I am not a crybaby!

Nothing actually happens outside of your dirext experience. If a tree breaks in the forest away from your direct experience, it doesn't break actually. But you will see the result of that event that actually never ocurred. It is like a trick.

Things don't happen unless you perceive them, but you will be able to perceive the results of these imaginary events.

This goes well with Quantum mechanics. Perception generates reality. Without perception, nothing defined exists, it is just a mass of infinite possibilities.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

1 hour ago, El Zapato said:

ok, sounds reasonable 

xD

It's a reference to Nasruddin's story:

"How are you? 

Perfect, thank you. I’m traveling incognito. 

Oh? As what are you disguised? 

I am disguised as myself. 

Don’t be silly. That’s no disguise. That’s what you are. 

On the contrary, it must be a very good disguise, for I see it has fooled you completely."

14 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

You imagine world, sound, context into existence.

I had a dream I jumped off a mountain and I thought there was water at the bottom but there wasn't. I landed in blackness and said to myself, the only way to continue is if I turn this blackness into water and rise out of it. So that's what I did. Funny as well. 

10 hours ago, Joshe said:

I had a dream I jumped off a mountain and I thought there was water at the bottom but there wasn't. I landed in blackness and said to myself, the only way to continue is if I turn this blackness into water and rise out of it. So that's what I did. Funny as well. 

Reality is an imaginary dimension that we interface with using our imagination.

Before beliefs shaped reality, beliefs were reality and reality is what you believe it is.

It's not just the Buddhi that believes, but the entire body believes to perceive as it does. 

Ta ~ da 😁

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

15 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

xD

It's a reference to Nasruddin's story:

"How are you? 

Perfect, thank you. I’m traveling incognito. 

Oh? As what are you disguised? 

I am disguised as myself. 

Don’t be silly. That’s no disguise. That’s what you are. 

On the contrary, it must be a very good disguise, for I see it has fooled you completely."

that's funny, good story indeed.

I am not a crybaby!

15 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Nothing actually happens outside of your dirext experience. If a tree breaks in the forest away from your direct experience, it doesn't break actually. But you will see the result of that event that actually never ocurred. It is like a trick.

Things don't happen unless you perceive them, but you will be able to perceive the results of these imaginary events.

This goes well with Quantum mechanics. Perception generates reality. Without perception, nothing defined exists, it is just a mass of infinite possibilities.

I agree with you in principle, but trees falling down are not 3D quantum events.  Pretty much big things are excluded.

I am not a crybaby!

The question of a falling tree itself holds reality in its self-implicated imagination space.

Phenomena isn't limited to your senses or direct awareness in my opinion.

I would say that you should apply the same context to the tree itself. For example, you assume that the tree can fall or exist if no one is around to see it but the tree exists precisely because things take on form held within consciousness which would imply that there was something that always existed to generate that idea in the first place so yes and no perhaps? From how I see this, signs point to yes. You can also be sure of this because of what you know to be true in the statement after the fact.

@AndylizedAAY @Basman Nice a' nice. Reality is a fractal intelligence. It's not just willy-nilly, there are many hidden holarchies responsible for reality creation and materialization. Maybe one can see through all of them, but then the context will morph into infinite access instead of a constrained peek-a-boo between ego and its (sense-)perception.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

To add on my previous comment, sensory awareness can't tell you why something happened, only that it happened in your direct consciousness. You can't understand the world by relying purely on senses, which is why reasoning among other things are so valuable to humanity.

Senses are limited. We can't see all colors that possibly exist for example. To us, those colors might as well not be real but that doesn't mean that they aren't there. Its just that our ability to observe reality is limited relative to its totality.

There is always someone there: God. No event in the universe is ever unobserved. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

It does make a sound but the sound is not heard by anyone; except God.

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

@Jannes God is the totality (immanent) and its transcendence (beyond). What you think God is? 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...