Princess Arabia

Why Do We Run From Bad Emotions and Feelings.

71 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

This equation is everywhere in our lives, and its set up to somehow have more pleasure than pain in our lives,

Idk, maybe take a second look at this. We choose the wrong partners. We do things we know will hurt us as in bad foods and we do drugs and self-sabotage ourselves, Some of it might be subconscious but humans are also doing things they know is harmful and will bring pain even though we have the option to do the opposite.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Idk, maybe take a second look at this. We choose the wrong partners. We do things we know will hurt us as in bad foods and we do drugs and self-sabotage ourselves, Some of it might be subconscious but humans are also doing things they know is harmful and will bring pain even though we have the option to do the opposite.

Well its complex, one would have to go into each situation and see what the root reason why someone does what they do.. Ppl choose the wrong partners because somewhere they think they will get somethng out of it. same with Drugs, the addict logically knows its bad for them, but they can't stop it its completely compulsive and they go for what they know or think will give them that temporary high.  Some are just choosing lesser pain to avoid greater pain, its tricky for sure and complex, but the root of it is we want pleasure more than most anything.  

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

2 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Well its complex, one would have to go into each situation and see what the root reason why someone does what they do.. Ppl choose the wrong partners because somewhere they think they will get somethng out of it. same with Drugs, the addict logically knows its bad for them, but they can't stop it its completely compulsive and they go for what they know or think will give them that temporary high.  Some are just choosing lesser pain to avoid greater pain, its tricky for sure and complex, but the root of it is we want pleasure more than most anything.  

👍

Know thyself....

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

because of some chemical soup in your brain's cortex.  

I really do think you have gone insane. Your signature isn't why either. I'm making this comment and looked down at your signature and it just sealed the cake. I'm convinced.

Know thyself....

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

I really do think you have gone insane. Your signature isn't why either. I'm making this comment and looked down at your signature and it just sealed the cake. I'm convinced.

That's true . Because I truly experienced full on  awakening and busting through all the bullshit of maya and saw whats on the other side of the pool . 

they say there is a fine line between awakening and insanity.  NO! There is no line. Awakening is gonna definitely make you lose every last brain cell that you have.

So be careful what you wish for .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

That's true . Because I truly experienced full on  awakening and busting through all the bullshit of maya and saw whats on the other side of the pool . 

they say there is a fine line between awakening and insanity.  NO! There is no line. Awakening is gonna definitely make you lose every last brain cell that you have.

So be careful what you wish for .

Cool. Now you are really sane and left us insane ones here to deal with the insanity. I'm next.

Know thyself....

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Cool. Now you are really sane and left us insane ones here to deal with the insanity. I'm next.

No sweetheart im not. I have no intention whatsoever. I don't know anymore why am i doing this.

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Its like we are in a matrix and we are characters that are given roles to play out . I never asked for this . Some cosmic mysterious power is sticking its hand up everyone's ass and directing their lives however it wants .

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Its like we are in a matrix and we are characters that are given roles to play out . I never asked for this . Some cosmic mysterious power is sticking its hand up everyone's ass and directing their lives however it wants .

lol

Know thyself....

i stopped watching horror movies like s decade ago

but for example shame is an emotion that i often and easily feel

and it’s very uncomfortable imo like the body gets in a kind of freeze response, i even walk worse/stiffer with shame so naturally i try to get out of shame. And now i’v heard years of « just feel your feelings » « accept the feelings and just feel the sensations » and all thst but it doesn’t really work. What works better is to see that there is actually nobody who ever did anything wrong (because nobody actually exists) or whatever but it’s always a struggle with shame for example. The struggle of trying to accept it but parts want to stop it and so on just loopy nonsense 

I believe that there is a degree of utilitarianism in our culture, especially in the self-help sphere, I.E. maximizing pleasure, minimizing pain. We have this pervasive attitude of focusing on the things we want for ourselves (success, bliss, etc.), which is necessarily the case for a niche that is about improving/changing ones circumstances. It is human nature to want good things and avoid pain.

Expecting yourself to constantly feel good is unrealistic and your going to feel bad at times. That is normal and there is nothing inherently wrong with negative emotions. In my experience, mindfully experiencing the emotions depersonalizes them to a certain degree and makes it such that you take an experience less personally, if that makes sense. In my opinion, however, the general mood of your life should be positive or at least neutral as opposed to in pain.

20 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i stopped watching horror movies like s decade ago

but for example shame is an emotion that i often and easily feel

and it’s very uncomfortable imo like the body gets in a kind of freeze response, i even walk worse/stiffer with shame so naturally i try to get out of shame. And now i’v heard years of « just feel your feelings » « accept the feelings and just feel the sensations » and all thst but it doesn’t really work. What works better is to see that there is actually nobody who ever did anything wrong (because nobody actually exists) or whatever but it’s always a struggle with shame for example. The struggle of trying to accept it but parts want to stop it and so on just loopy nonsense 

Funny because shame is like the worst emotion the individual gets trapped in. 

Know thyself....

20 minutes ago, Basman said:

I believe that there is a degree of utilitarianism in our culture, especially in the self-help sphere, I.E. maximizing pleasure, minimizing pain. We have this pervasive attitude of focusing on the things we want for ourselves (success, bliss, etc.), which is necessarily the case for a niche that is about improving/changing ones circumstances. It is human nature to want good things and avoid pain.

Expecting yourself to constantly feel good is unrealistic and your going to feel bad at times. That is normal and there is nothing inherently wrong with negative emotions. In my experience, mindfully experiencing the emotions depersonalizes them to a certain degree and makes it such that you take an experience less personally, if that makes sense. In my opinion, however, the general mood of your life should be positive or at least neutral as opposed to in pain.

The problem here is not the Pleasant Emotions, its the expectations.  Too say that the Emotions of Anger, Bitterness, Frustration, Shame, Hopelessness, Anxiety, Depression are Healthy is sorry to say insane.  It is very much proven these Feelings and Experiences are very UnHealthy, that is why we don't want ppl to feel this way.. Its Like Kindergarten around here, You have to explain the most basic stuff to ppl.  Let me ask You, would You want Your Children to Feel Anxiety, Depression, Suffering, Anger on a consistent basis? Yes its okay if they experience as a passing thought, an hour or so here or there, but what would happen if it was all the time for any of those Emotions, would You want that for them?

Now reverse the equation, would you want them to Feel Happy, Peaceful, Excited, Hopeful, Blissful, Joy, Exuberance, Love and what would happen to our bodies if this was our natural experience (forget about trying to Survive and protect, or find shelter or make money).   For sure it the body would be in great if not perfect health!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Survival :)

Things feel bad because the body knows too much of it will kill you. Things feel good because it helps you survive.

However the body is easily tricked, and it always reacts unconsciously. So you have to use your intelligence to discern when the body is reacting unconsciously, and use your wisdom to force it to react consciously.

Edited by Staples

God and I worked things out

27 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Funny because shame is like the worst emotion the individual gets trapped in. 

😡

that’s why i have to get enlightened asap

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

😡

that’s why i have to get enlightened asap

lol. Enlightenment doesn't mean anything. The energy of shame will/might still be there. Can't escape it if it's meant to be there. It's just what's happening to no one.

Know thyself....

8 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Why are we trying to avoid these negative sensations/emotions/feelings. I said negative but are they really. A sensation is a sensation and not really positive or negative, but these words are intertwined and can get tricky when defining but I'm sure you all know what I'm saying here.

Emotions are not just a chemical or hormone, there are force of cold and hot sensation really exists, but they are recompension and trial for every individual.

We talk about bliss and happiness and joy and all those feel good ones in positive ways and we run from their opposites. We get depressed when something goes wrong and excited when something feels real good and sad when it feels bad and so on and so forth. 

Something going wrong is what causes negative feelings

Oh bliss this and bliss that and let's strive for joy and happiness and feelings of excitement and all that. All transient just like their polar opposites. None of them lasts forever. We say our natural way of being is blissful but do we really know that. DO WE REALLY. Or is it neutral or just peaceful. No emotion whatsoever. Just tranquility. Whatever word best describes it. I think peaceful comes close. 

Perplexity or stagnation always creates a this reaction Because feelings bad or burning sensation are not meant to be a natural disposition 

Do we really think life is about feeling good. Why? Just because it feels good. What's so great about that. Ok, feel good then what, feel bad, then feel good, then bad, then good,...Why can't life be shitty and that be ok. Why can't it be awful and depressing and that be ok. Why spend money to cure your depression and not spend it to cure your happiness.

Reailty is builtin with this conditions.

Just like Day and Night, the opposites or counterparts always exist, to my knowledge even for the higher beings 

Is there a rule book that says we should all be happy. Isn't life just an expression of everything under the sun. I'm aware there are people who "self-sabotage" and purposely create negative feelings. I also beg to differ that it's actually self-sabotaging and just another expression of Infinity. 

Yes, there is rule book that says we should seek the road to happiness. Believe or not. 100% sure of it.

I'm not advocating for us to start striving to feel bad and to not take care of your depressed state or anything of the sort; this is just a post to discuss this and share our thoughts on the matter.

negative feelings are like a cloud they don't originates from us they are like a sky hover over our essence (upon them ...) 

P.S. Just to be clear, I'm not referring to physical pain as in stubbing one's toe or burning yourself or getting into a car accident.

Or i should have said i really don't know, because I will ask the same question in comming days,  frequently experience this swings, i just want to share my opinions

I also noticed something odd

Every-days  sunday, monday, etc comes with specific energy or sensation 

For instance at sunday i am more insightful and at Thursday some veils lift up and without alot of words we are able to see through insights 

17267083839957753980230952202118.jpg

18 minutes ago, Jac067 said:

Something going wrong is what causes negative feelings

True, it's like it's automatic. No one caused it. 

Know thyself....

Would you be ok with not being OK with whatever emotion you find yourself in. This actually means to not try and fix it. To not seek out advice on how to not like the fact that that you don't like being sad. To accept that you hate feeling depressed while not doing anything about it.

This is a whole new ball game here. 

A very good way to deal with any emotion is definitely to just let it be and let it run it’s course.

I very much understand what you mean. 

Happily Insane