Princess Arabia

Why Do We Run From Bad Emotions and Feelings.

71 posts in this topic

@Keryo Koffa  Even 'ego' gets the binary overlay, as so many in the spiritual/mystical community think of it as a negative or bad. They try to fight it or ignore it or dissolve it or so many other tactics to counter it.

It seems they actually empower it to be a more significant obstacle than it really needs to be if they just weren't giving it as much attention as they do. Ego just wants the attention, even if it's 'negative' attention...ironically, and people will give it that attention.

i'd make the case that even physical pain is not negative, until the mind labels it negative. ive been practicing cold showers for a long time now, and once the mind quits labelling the experience, the experience of icy water hitting the body is itself just another experience. the body literally does not give a fuck what happens to it, the mind does. 

the body itself is a zero fuck giver

this is of course a radical statement, and i'd also submit that there exist cases of such extreme pain that the mind inevitabelly makes the experience negative. ID ASSUME? who knows.

@SOUL For some, desire = ego, for some, boasting = ego, for some, resistence = ego, for some, existence = ego

Of course reality is infinitely interconnected, the focus itself can turn quite neurotic, overshadowing any prelude

Some are so deep into ego, reality starts = ego and even god becomes ego, but eixstentially, it's a whole paradigm

I'm tryna stay flexible with all definitions 😁

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

@Keryo Koffa  Well, since all of our experience is filtered through our mind and the 'story teller' of the mind is the ego it can take many forms to us.

Although, it is telling the story to...who? What?...to our awareness. The observer in the mind. Abide in awareness.

Edited by SOUL

Just now, SOUL said:

@Keryo Koffa  Well, since all of our experience is filtered through our mind and the 'story teller' of the mind is the ego it can take many forms to us.

The mind constructs its filters and definitions, the neural net is an associatory network of relative connections.

Structures exist on all scales, what someone considers "mental resistance", another's sensation may materialize.

Paradigm lock = Infinite reshuffle/re-context./restructurability. We are dealing with a metamorphic psyche after all.

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm not advocating for us to start striving to feel bad and to not take care of your depressed state or anything of the sort; this is just a post to discuss this and share our thoughts on the matter.

I have found a great deal of peace being ok with any emotion that I happen to be in.

I don’t necessarily need to feel any particular way in order to „feel okay“

Obviously if I feel enraged it affects me more and it is more intense then my base line state. 

And still I’m always glad if intense emotions like that go past of their own accord. I’m okay with them over all but I’m definitely biased towards light and positive emotions. 

Like anyone is I suppose.

Happily Insane

6 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Paradigm lock = Infinite reshuffle/re-context./restructurability. We are dealing with a metamorphic psyche after all.

Paradigm lock = metamorphic psyche?

So the lock is it's always changing? That sound about right.

11 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I have found a great deal of peace being ok with any emotion that I happen to be in.

Would you be ok with not being OK with whatever emotion you find yourself in. This actually means to not try and fix it. To not seek out advice on how to not like the fact that that you don't like being sad. To accept that you hate feeling depressed while not doing anything about it.

This is a whole new ball game here. 

Know thyself....

17 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I don’t necessarily need to feel any particular way in order to „feel okay“

This is pretty much the same thing as chasing a positive feeling. If you really think about it. You're still looking to feel good or okay.

Know thyself....

20 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Paradigm lock = metamorphic psyche?

So the lock is it's always changing? That sound about right.

You might think an ever-changing system is as far away from Paradigm Lock as it gets

But the Paradoxical thing is, it can intelligently restructure its entirety to suit its Paradigm

You might wonder, how it can do that while keeping itself unaware of the contradiction...

And that's what we're here to study

Edited by Keryo Koffa

32 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

You might think an ever-changing system is as far away from Paradigm Lock as it gets

But the Paradoxical thing is, it can intelligently restructure its entirety to suit its Paradigm

You might wonder, how it can do that while keeping itself unaware of the contradiction...

And that's what we're here to study

Does your variable spiritual definitions change the phrase 'that sounds about right' to 'that doesn't sound right'? You replied as if it had.

I'm certainly aware that everything changes, including the self, the ego and the paradigm that the mind has. It is the sense of self that provides a constant feel to something that is changing.

It seems to me, it's only the most oblivious or stubborn that would suggest we don't change, even though the evidence of evolution and transformation is abundantly apparent.

Change is the only constant.

Metamorphosis is the only lock.

Variable spiritual definitions...the only thing that doesn't change on this forum. xD

@Princess Arabia I had an insight on mushrooms that it’s actually not the situation I am afraid of. I’m afraid to feel

I guess we only stopping running from them once we realise there’s nothing to be afraid of when we open up and feel deeply into pain

1 minute ago, Chadders said:

@Princess Arabia I had an insight on mushrooms that it’s actually not the situation I am afraid of. I’m afraid to feel

I guess we only stopping running from them once we realise there’s nothing to be afraid of when we open up and feel deeply into pain

Nice, makes sense.

Know thyself....

@SOUL You get used to it, it's usually a continuous pointing to the same phenomenon through the use of a secondary common words to channel a polar duality through Pain [(External) Physical Hurt/Sensation] & Suffering [(Internal) Mental Torment]. Their use and emphasis on words perpetuates through the forum pages until it becomes common discourse. There is a need for specialized terminology.

Metamorphosis it is! The act of experience itself, the perception and interaction are themselves transformative, any entity residing even "outside of time", would create time by virtue of their own Metamorphosis in the "interaction" with itself or the broader, be it "changing" or "unchanging" meta-context, out of which they make themselves.

@Keryo Koffa  Who gets used to what? There is nobody here to get used to something that doesn't exist. This is all in your mind!!! Seriously though...

When words common definitions are sufficient to explain the point there isn't a need to change them to suit some esoteric fetish, seems like egoistic appeasement to be separate and special...with 'specialized terminology'.

Just some more complicated ego overlay on something that is quite simple in nature.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

But why?

I believe a lot of it is cultural conditioning. Thinking you can have one without the other, or that one is "positive" or "negative"

@SOUL It might have its roots in Buddhism "Life is Suffering" and that translation is how it started

I might just create a list of personas based on the members for fun, pre-predicting response & style 😁

"But there's no one to make fun of", except the "suffering" which is illusory = real in the "ir"responsible God 

27 minutes ago, theleelajoker said:

I believe a lot of it is cultural conditioning. Thinking you can have one without the other, or that one is "positive" or "negative"

I believe so too.

Know thyself....

9 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@SOUL It might have its roots in Buddhism "Life is Suffering" and that translation is how it started

I might just create a list of personas based on the members for fun, pre-predicting response & style 😁

"But there's no one to make fun of", except the "suffering" which is illusory = real in the "ir"responsible God 

I'm no expert on Buddhism but from what I gather about the current view of those teachings is the English translation of the word used originally isn't an optimal one. It seems it's a complex word that is closer in meaning to conditional and impermanence.

So I guess there is some more variable spiritual definitions at work and it doesn't appear to bringing clarity to anything if we are to be quite honest.

Let's see if I can bring it back to the topic. The desire for emotions, also could be called the emotional conditions of our inner life, to be a certain way in line to what the ego would overlay onto it as 'good/bad'.

When those desires aren't satisfied it causes suffering...where does it cause it? In the psyche, not the toe or the hand but the psyche, it's the self, psychological or the ego that is suffering. It doesn't hurt the toe or hand, unless that misery causes one to kick or slap something hard.

When we have a well being that transcends the conditional, then that won't be challenged by the impermanence of life. So things come and go including emotions but our well being is still present. It is 'presence'. Our being is not disturbed by the changing conditions of life.

It also doesn't matter if we have accurate perception of reality, we could be completely wrong about everything and still have well being because...it's not dependent on being right or accurately perceiving or any of those mystical experience confirmations.

it just is.

I think there is an Equation always going on in our heads, I first heard this from Tony Robbins, always You are trying to Gain Pleasure and Avoid Pain, just look at every decision You make! It will become clear what is going on.. But it is complex how we work this equation out in our lives..

People will work Jobs they hate, but being poor and homeless is more painful.  Do You have favorite foods or foods You refuse to eat (not because of health reasons), what sort of movies to do You like and why, same with music, do You listen to music You do not like to listen too? 

This equation is everywhere in our lives, and its set up to somehow have more pleasure than pain in our lives, not saying we always get that but that is the way it is, prove me wrong!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru