Javfly33

Why people use social media if then they avoid interacting with people?

19 posts in this topic

Last 8 messages I have in my DMs in instagram, only ONE is a conversation, and it is because it was a business conversation.

Rest 7 messages NO ONE have replied. And is not all messages to women, only 3. 

1 is a influencer that has like 200K followers so i get she didn´t replied. But the other ones??? What the fuck is this?

Why people are so damn rude and just straight up assholes? If you open a fucking social media account and post SHIT why would you not reply when people send you a fucking reaction or message? Are you fucking stupid?

the entitelment.... 

13 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

1 is a influencer that has like 200K followers so i get she didn´t replied. But the other ones??? What the fuck is this?

so you are the one who decides what is a good reason for not replying?

14 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Why people are so damn rude and just straight up assholes? If you open a fucking social media account and post SHIT why would you not reply when people send you a fucking reaction or message? Are you fucking stupid?

stop playing the victim and look what you can do different...

I wouldnt reply also 💀

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Leo two years ago on his IG dm. So what. 

Know thyself....

8 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm still waiting for a reply from Leo two years ago on his IG dm. So what. 

Desperation is real 😂

This would've been the biggest own if somehow nobody ended up replying to this thread 💀

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

31 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

This would've been the biggest own if somehow nobody ended up replying to this thread 💀

I wish we did this 😂

8 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Desperation is real 😂

Yeah that's right. I'm desperate for a message from Leo. Lol I had forgotten about that message till I went on IG and saw it. Believe me, I've interacted plenty of times with him since then. That message was the same one I'd leave on his yt videos that he never responded to either. What is he gonna say to "Hi Leo, my love". Go check his yt videos, plenty of those comments on there. 

Know thyself....

I speak to bring my reality to fruition not anyone else's

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah that's right. I'm desperate for a message from Leo. Lol I had forgotten about that message till I went on IG and saw it. Believe me, I've interacted plenty of times with him since then. That message was the same one I'd leave on his yt videos that he never responded to either. What is he gonna say to "Hi Leo, my love". Go check his yt videos, plenty of those comments on there. 

So you expect him to reply to that: oh hey my love princess, after my video finishes rendering im coming to jamaicaaa yeah baby 😂😂😂

Just now, NoSelfSelf said:

So you expect him to reply to that: oh hey my love princess, after my video finishes rendering im coming to jamaicaaa yeah baby 😂😂😂

Lol. He wouldn't find me cause i'm in the US. Seriously, I didn't expect a reply. Didn't want one.

Know thyself....

14 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Lol. He wouldn't find me cause i'm in the US. Seriously, I didn't expect a reply. Didn't want one.

Dude, you already revealed enough! Pray he's not on 4chan, they have serious detective skills! 😁

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

1 minute ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Dude, you already revealed enough! Pray he's not on 4chan, they have serious detective skills! 😁

So, then what. I'm not scarrrreeeddddd. 

Know thyself....

They are not your friend and they don't want to take the time to answer you.

The devil is in the details.

11 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

So, then what. I'm not scarrrreeeddddd. 

star-wars-yoda.gif Well, I'm pretty sure you can handle it!

GOfLN8bWUAEwhFG.jpg

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

37 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

star-wars-yoda.gif Well, I'm pretty sure you can handle it!

GOfLN8bWUAEwhFG.jpg

Not sure what that's supposed to mean. If it's what I'm thinking, no desire to.

Know thyself....

When you get too many messages, answering them becomes a part-time or full-time job. You don't even need to have a lot followers for this to be true.

Other reasons why people might not answer:

• They might be going through a rough patch or an emergency of some kind
  • they might be really busy at the moment, and they have trouble keeping track of their messages.
  • it's a lazy, low-effort message. Aka. the person has probably seen too many messages like that already.
  • it's overly invested, upfront, in an overly personal way. It's disconcerting.
  • they literally just don't feel like it. Whatever you want from them, it's not what they want from you.
  • Not everyone is interested in parasocial relationships, period. Just because someone puts themselves out there on social media does not mean that they're interested in having personal relationships and interactions with their audience.
  • >insert other reasons<

I learned recently that there's an informal term called  PDA (pathological demand avoidance). It's essentially a psychological self-protective mechanism. We all have to chosoe what we priortize after all, whether moreso on purpose or by going with the flow. There is only so much time (and often energy) any one person has.

I thought this would be fairly obvious though?

Edited by eos_nyxia