rd5555

Question about Trump

6 posts in this topic

I'm really not into politics and don't know much about it at all, but I was curious:

@Leo GuraIn the stage red video, you mentioned that people wished for Sadam Hussein to no longer be leader of Iraq, but him no longer being a leader actually turned out to be worse, because once he was no longer leader there was no longer anyone to stand up to bullies.

Is this dynamic the same with Trump, whereby having him re-elected as president could change the situation in Ukraine, and could keep other countries in check?

Trump is a chaos agent who is too incompetent to actually be an effective dictator. Nor does America need such a leader.

You can't be an ignorant narcissitic corrupt cunt and run America well. That's not how a developed government is improved.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Stage Red "strongman" could be a legitimate leader in a specific chaotic Stage Red society, but that's not something suited in the context of American- or international political contexts. That's just pure regression. Majority of people globally and in America are somewhere between Blue and Orange, not Red. And again, like Leo said above, Trump would not even be an effective Stage Red dictator, even if there was a legitimacy for that in American context. 

I think USA, and in large part, the whole world is having a some sort of legitimation crisis. 

In my own approach, legitimacy refers to adequacy in horizontal translation [meaning making], and authenticity refers to adequacy in vertical transformation [levels of development].

...A political legitimation crisis therefore means a sociocultural crisis in the prevailing modes of translation (at any given level) in reference to the governance systems of that culture (whether that culture be political, scientific, medical, educational, etc.). A legitimation crisis, in the broadest sense, is a crisis of faith in the prevailing worldview and in the governing bodies representing that worldview.

-Wilber: Kosmos trilogy excerpt A - An Integral Age At The Leading Edge

What America (and world) needs is a political transformation - more authentic (developed) leaders and cultural meaning-making systems. The world is chaotic right now, there are conflicts and environmental issues etc., but Trump is not the one who can provide wholeness to that chaos. Trump is just a ego-backlash to that legitimation crisis. 

If Trump was truly stage red he would already have ran down his own empire into the ground as people from that stage inevitably do. 

Edited by AION

Nobody is 100% wrong or bad. So if we want to be fair we have to admit Trump has at least some good ideas.

I think he would handle Ukraine and Palestine as good or slightly better than Harris (because he is closer to the stage of development to those people). I also think being tough on China is a good policy of Trump's.

We are buying unsustainable amounts of cheap junk from China, ruining the environment and making China rich in the process. At the same time this supports a slave trade in Asia to make the junk. Then we have the audacity to complain that China is using its wealth (that the west gave it) for nefarious actions across the world. It's a short- sighted, greedy, and stupid thing to do.

However Trump has so many other negative attributes it's not worth risking him as President. 

Edited by enchanted