Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Applegarden8

Why to do music? Fragments for an essay

1 post in this topic

I am soon release my album.

I made many improvements. Multiple.

I notated my songs out, I deliberately re-wrote bass. I mapped out modes and tonality for my songs. I learned each song at least once to play from start to finish. I wrote modal chords and melodies. I added new presets. I got a different guitar tone. I re-recorded every song at least once. I changed the producer. I posted riff playtrough vids. I got massive drum tracks from a drummer. That's so much more and better than last time.

And yet... there is so much room to improve. But I have the resources I have and it's OK. I am not in a hurry.

What I want to say is different. I want to start expressing myself and express my ideas about music.

I want to tell people why it might and can be important to do music if they so choose to. It's an amazing journey. It's not just a hobby. It's like my own child. It's a vehicle to change my worldview. It's my form of prayer. It's what I want to share with the world. Doing music can be very reflective. Commiting to a bigger project it exciting, fun and very wholesome.

I want to show the beauty of music itself. It does not need any additional meaning. Just interacting with it, living trough it and immersing into it is an intense experience. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. But I feel it's worth it. Nothing bad has come out of it. It showed me what creativity really means. It showed me how to create something out of nothing and how to do it better and better. I am constantly giving meaning to nothing until it becomes something. It has also tought me creative systems that I am using now. There is a way to create methods to manage how nothing gets created into something. I want to radiate my passion by speaking here now and I want to radiate that passion trough music I create. I don't care that you don't care. It's OK. You don't need to care. I already care about it hence I will share. Thank you life. I will try to do music until I die, since I have nothing better to do. I have to think about what to say, since I want to really mean what I say and keep attracting that kind of people.