Reciprocality

Knowing that you do not know

23 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, El Zapato said:
19 hours ago, SOUL said:

It is not ignoring, pursuing or stressing, it is a completely different way for the mind to behave, a different modus operandi. Yet to be quite honest, it's the actual prima operandi which has been neglected by us in favor of the reaction model of the mind.

That's what I thunk... :) I was wondering if it was possible to 'gear' oneself into that mode, outside the realm of 'contemplation'.  I think in either case neurons are firing, though.

I tried it, wow, what a headache!

I'm trying to figure out what this is all about. There are a couple lines in the quote of mine that I didn't write so not sure what happened. This is to let you know I saw the notification and would like to reply but don't know what to respond to.

What a long-winded way of saying that knowledge is relative

@Reciprocality

Thanks for explaining. Is this summary inaccurate, too broad, or would you add anything to it? 

"There’s a natural human tendency to impose order on chaos. This ordering is achieved by linking disparate experiences through associative memories. Over time, as these connections accumulate, they exist within a conceptual emptiness and thus require anchoring. The self or ego is formed as this anchoring mechanism, serving as the ultimate safe harbor that structures and stabilizes our experiences amidst chaos."

Also, in reply to this: 

On 9/15/2024 at 11:32 AM, Reciprocality said:

Everyone who both knows that they actually know very little and wants to expand their knowledge must have a strong ego, because besides the receiver of knowledge only the ego can make what is chaotic and disintegrated coherent and there is no expanding of knowledge in a disintegrated and chaotic state.

Don't we reject everything that we don't know? How would we stand in relation to the things we do not know if we neither tried to learn it nor rejected it?

How does "curiosity" fit into your thinking? Is curiosity a tool of the ego? Couldn't I just as easily say curiosity is the driver to acquire knowledge, as opposed to an ego in search of coherence?

When the mind stops its mentation, it gets irritated/distressed. It seeks to move. It wants to move. What is the driving force pushing for expression here? It seems to me, the same force is pushing for expression in the baby when the cradle stops rocking but I'm not sure the best way to conceptualize this. 

Edited by Joshe