Ishanga

Quit Being Serious, Proclaiming I am GOD!!

145 posts in this topic

On 22/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, SOUL said:

Sure, the ego is mental construction, yet it seems like an autonomous process of that construction. We don't have to actively construct it to happen in the mind, it just happens

Exactly, same than the body, it's a codified genetically but it's much more plastic, in fact plasticity is it's power 

On 22/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, SOUL said:

It doesn't appear that the ego necessarily has to be 'damaged' to cause distress or suffering, it seems perfectly natural for it to use negative sensations to motivate behavior. That doesn't mean it cannot be damaged, it absolutely can, but it would seem that this would be considered the type of severe trauma that goes beyond just more common negative stimuli.

The ego is the same than any form of life, something that wants to survive and reproduce. Its form of reproduction is much more subtle than that of the body, it is reproduced through words and the transmission of ideas, it is one and at the same time multiple, and it fights with itself to find the most optimal way, as life does.

On 21/9/2024 at 6:43 PM, SOUL said:

Yet the active participation the conscious mind does with those subconsciously produced sensations is what increases or decreases the 'self' suffering. We can even see a distinction of suffering between the 'ego' suffering as a subconscious agent and 'awareness' as a conscious agent.

The ego can be described as creating a suffering identity narrative from the sensations produced by the subconscious mind. It is when in awareness we react to and interact with it by empowering it to be our 'truth', we believe it to be real. When we don't, that type of 'suffering' dissolves and dissipates.

So in our psyche there is a range of autonomous non-participatory suffering from subconscious to ego conscious and a distinctly different active participatory suffering in awareness. I see value in having a simple phrase to point to these three distinctions as pain, suffering and self suffering.

The reason I assign suffering to the subconscious/ego suffering is because it's closer to physical pain both having autonomous happening, so it aligns with the commonly accepted definition of suffering. The modifier of 'self' refers to the active, participatory suffering we choose to engage with.

This also helps clarify the difference between the thought in the autonomous sense compared to our awareness with regard to any suffering that may happen and how we can cease the active participation with suffering the subconscious mind produces.

I think that the ego , in childhood it creates absolute patterns. Seems that in part they come genetically or karmically coded. These patterns are absolutely insurmountable. You, at 9 years old, are an AI that is created on master lines that are based on fear and desire. At 9 years old your fear of death is maximum, and in our society even more so. The desire to survive, to exist, is also maximum. On these lines the personality is created, which is practically always a big piece of shit because it is limited, fearful, neurotic and false, in short: suffering. Because it's created by the contact with others egos that come from the oppression, slavery, war that happened in the humanity. A point seems that it's arriving due the favourable conditions without serious  threats all time, that from the bottom of that lake of shit a spark of conscience says: I have to get out of this total shit, there is not another option, and look for the way because that spark is alive, like everything else. Everything is a soup of life that develops, modifies itself to seek the best possible option

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 20/09/2024 at 4:53 AM, Inliytened1 said:

@SOUL animals don't suffer in the sense that we do.  Their suffering is purely in the moment.

Putting large mammals aside that we can easily relate to, with trauma trapped in their nervous systems and memory. Even if we take an insect and pull off a leg, that will be a long moment of suffering. 

Further, you and I know I think that there is only this moment.

Edited by BlueOak

@Breakingthewall  You have shown an incredible ability to say alot of stuff in a reply without actually addressing the point someone else is making, which makes discussion extremely difficult and I find it unproductive.

Good luck with that.

Peace.

@BlueOak ...but the dog didn't call a suicide hotline, so not the same.

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

@Breakingthewall  You have shown an incredible ability to say alot of stuff in a reply without actually addressing the point someone else is making, which makes discussion extremely difficult and I find it unproductive.

Good luck with that.

Peace.

I don't even know what the point you mention is, I just write reflections because I feel like doing it.