How to be wise

Is Sadhguru really awake?

154 posts in this topic

I know that a lot of people respect Sadhguru as an enlightened being, but videos like this really make me wonder whether he is awake to the dream of reality. He really seems convinced that Muslim rulers actually killed and raped Hindus, not that this is just pure imagination (which it is). I get that when we are talking relatively, we can speak of history, but I would expect enlightened people to have a background awareness that this is just a dream in the mind of God. In this video, Sadhguru seems fully convinced in the reality of these atrocities. Quite disappointing really.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

This post makes no sense, With what you're saying what's the difference with him talking about what he's talking about and a man giving a woman a rose. Both are what's happening in the dream according to you, so why differentiate between an atrocity and kindness. It's all within this so-called dream. Sadhguru talks about a lot of stuff, what's the difference now.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

I think he just wants Indians to rule india not others he wants all the names reversed into Indian names.

Edited by Hojo

Obviously he is not awake . I know I will sound like an absolute lunatic but I do firmly believe that I'm the only awake person ever . Nobody understands the things I understand. Leo and Nahm are close . But Sadhguru lol..he is lost in a Hindu hippy spirtual fantasies. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Obviously he is not awake . I know I will sound like an absolute lunatic but I do firmly believe that I'm the only awake person ever . Nobody understands the things I understand. Leo and Nahm are close . But Sadhguru lol..he is lost in a Hindu hippy spirtual fantasies. 

Please all who read this, You are witnessing Narcissism at its finest, "I am the only One", "Only I know", "Everyone else is below Me", if this is not Narcissism then what is???

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I know that a lot of people respect Sadhguru as an enlightened being, but videos like this really make me wonder whether he is awake to the dream of reality. He really seems convinced that Muslim rulers actually killed and raped Hindus, not that this is just pure imagination (which it is). I get that when we are talking relatively, we can speak of history, but I would expect enlightened people to have a background awareness that this is just a dream in the mind of God. In this video, Sadhguru seems fully convinced in the reality of these atrocities. Quite disappointing really.

If I do something horrible to You personally or someone in Your family, how would You feel, and how would Your Kids, their kids and their kids feel about Me?

This "Its all a fantasy, part of Your imagination, its just a dream" bs is fine until it lands on your front door, then what, is it still a dream when someone takes all you own, hurts Your family, destroys all that You have worked for? If You think this is just a dream or unreal, then walk away from all of it, your family, your job, your goals, your beliefs, this forum, and everything You hold on to, then after a month or two report back what it is like, and be honest...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Whether or not Sadhguru is Enlightened or not is not up to You or Me or anyone to determine, all we need to determine, and its for ourselves, is does what he shares work, is it effective for what he is sharing it for (Spiritual Enhancement, Development and eventually Enlightenment), if it is for You, then continue on, if not then drop it and move on to something else, or drop this Spiritual path stuff forever.. The best part is that Sadhguru says to do this himself, all the time...

4 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Please all who read this, You are witnessing Narcissism at its finest, "I am the only One", "Only I know", "Everyone else is below Me", if this is not Narcissism then what is???

Its the truth and the truth hurts ..But you gotta get ..that awakening means taking your full authority as god back from "others " . If you still need a guru to kiss his ass you will never seriously awaken. To awaken you have to realize you are the most intelligent person ever .

One year ago i had real total awakening at that time. I wasn't just mucking around... I Made before that a thread about infinity....(use the search function)...

See all these  platitudes of Sadhguru and people from his ilk don't mean jack shit  when you actually grasp what is reality ...you will collapse on the floor like a lil bi**h. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Its the truth and the truth hurts ..But you gotta get ..that awakening means taking your full authority as god back from "others " . If you still need a guru to kiss his ass you will never seriously awaken. To awaken you have to realize you are the most intelligent person ever .

One year ago i had real total awakening at that time. I wasn't just mucking around... I Made before that a thread about infinity....(use the search function)...

See all these  platitudes of Sadhguru and people from his ilk don't mean jack shit  when you actually grasp what is reality ...you will collapse on the floor like a lil bi**h. 

Sounds like Your Ego was spiked and Your agitated, this doesn't sound like God to me, or a person that has control over anything in their life...

@Ishanga sorry I didn't mean to sound rude or to offend you personally.  So I apologise if what i said came off as that . Im just trying to express my point in a "spicy " way to make sure it hits you nice and good .

I will say it again ..you will NEVER awaken as long as you consider that "someone else " knows what's going on better than YOU.

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Ishanga sorry I didn't mean to sound rude or to offend you personally.  So I apologise if what i said came off as that . Im just trying to express my point in a "spicy " way to make sure it hits you nice and good .

I will say it again ..you will NEVER awaken as long as you consider that "someone else " knows what's going on better than YOU.

I'm not offended, it doesn't matter to me personally what ppl think of Sadhguru or anyone else, that is up to them, but this is a public forum in a way, pp that are into spirituality come here, so when someone says this or that about Sadhguru, I will say what I need to say, because for me he's the real deal, Guru's are here because ppl need help on the Spiritual path, if You think You don't maybe You are right, maybe You are wrong, some are for sure  more gifted spiritually, and this will reflect in how they experience life and function in this world, this applies to everything that one can get involved with as well, some are gifted physically and in a variety of ways, some lift a weight once and their muscles grow, others it takes allot more effort to get little progress, so that is the way it is, but all of Us can grow Spiritually, and ppl like Sadhguru (he's not the only one) help us tremendously along the way for those in need of it, if they don't need it/him then don't listen to him or watch his videos or judge him...

Edited by Ishanga

@How to be wise You can be more Awake than sadghuru but your critique is from below and not above

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

7 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

I'm not offended, it doesn't matter to me personally what ppl think of Sadhguru or anyone else, that is up to them, but this is a public forum in a way, pp that are into spirituality come here, so when someone says this or that about Sadhguru, I will say what I need to say, because for me he's the real deal, Guru's are here because ppl need help on the Spiritual path, if You think You don't maybe You are right, maybe You are wrong, some are for sure  more gifted spiritually, and this will reflect in how they experience life and function in this world, this applies to everything that one can get involved with as well, some are gifted physically and in a variety of ways, some lift a weight once and their muscles grow, others it takes allot more effort to get little progress, so that is the way it is, but all of Us can grow Spiritually, and ppl like Sadhguru (he's not the only one) help us tremendously along the way for those in need of it, if they don't need it/him then don't listen to him or watch his videos or judge him...

I have no problem with Sadhguru per se.  I'm not saying he is a scammer dumbass or not the real deal or whatever ...so relax please lol. 😅

All of what you said about the spiritual path is true from the relative perspective.  But from the Absolute perspective if you want to seriously wake the hell up and get a firm grip on what is going on in this existence you must reject all gurus ..all religions..all spiritual traditions..all spiritual practices like Yoga +meditation +disassociatives etc. And just turn inward and find truth by yourself. Which means nobody can help you .you must do it all by yourself. 

1 minute ago, Davino said:

@How to be wise You can be more Awake than sadghuru but your critique is from below and not above

Who determines "More Awake"? Does Leo decide who is more awake than another, or do I, or do You, or does anyone, how is it possible to be more awake than another, who determines this?  How is one to know how Awake someone is? What actions or inactions are required to determine Awakeness? If someone says Sadhguru is not Awake, and another says he is, who is right, who is wrong, how do we determine who is in what catagory? Is Leo awake? How do we know this, how is it determined that he is awake, and others are not, what factors are involved???

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I have no problem with Sadhguru per se.  I'm not saying he is a scammer dumbass or not the real deal or whatever ...so relax please lol. 😅

All of what you said about the spiritual path is true from the relative perspective.  But from the Absolute perspective if you want to seriously wake the hell up and get a firm grip on what is going on in this existence you must reject all gurus ..all religions..all spiritual traditions..all spiritual practices like Yoga +meditation +disassociatives etc. And just turn inward and find truth by yourself. Which means nobody can help you .you must do it all by yourself. 

there is no need to reject anything, You just use it, and when it is of no use you drop it, that doesn't mean you  like or dislike it, it just falls away by itself, its like going from puberty to adulthood, it just happens by itself, its the same here, Sadhguru knows his role, he is not reliant on anyone's approval or acceptance or love or devotion, whether or not You follow his ways, don't follow his ways, listen or don't listen, he doesn't really care about what You feel, he only Gives it all Away, that is what real Experience of Spirituality is while You are Embodied and on this planet with a Body/Mind complex in place, You just Give, like the Sun gives light and heat, it just gives, not wanting or needing anything in return.. 

I agree in an aspect, the responsibility or individual Willingness to Receive Grace or Help has to be there, if it is not, it doesn't matter who is helping You, SAdhguru, or Buddha, or Jesus Christ, if You are not responding to it and willing, nothing will help you Spiritually..

Edited by Ishanga

@Someone here sadhguru has said things that I have witnessed on psychedelic. He said the other side of the river is whwn you meet your maker and when you meet it you freeze. On psychedelic I went into the hard drive of God and I froze in it.

How can you know nothing about anything while criticizing possibly the most famous spiritual guru ever. You don't even know if you are gay but you know sadhguru is wrong?

Edited by Hojo

@Ishanga Of course it's my opinion, I determine it. Although I don't pull it out of my ass, I stand on years of tremendous spiritual Awakenings and revelations on top of hundreds of saints that I've studied and cross compared.

Sadghuru is legit but it's not "maxed out." Yogis like Lahiri Mahasaya or Tatwale baba are light years ahead of him, to give you an example within his own yogic tradition.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

35 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

there is no need to reject anything, You just use it, and when it is of no use you drop it, that doesn't mean you  like or dislike it, it just falls away by itself, its like going from puberty to adulthood, it just happens by itself, its the same here, Sadhguru knows his role, he is not reliant on anyone's approval or acceptance or love or devotion, whether or not You follow his ways, don't follow his ways, listen or don't listen, he doesn't really care about what You feel, he only Gives it all Away, that is what real Experience of Spirituality is while You are Embodied and on this planet with a Body/Mind complex in place, You just Give, like the Sun gives light and heat, it just gives, not wanting or needing anything in return.. 

I agree in an aspect, the responsibility or individual Willingness to Receive Grace or Help has to be there, if it is not, it doesn't matter who is helping You, SAdhguru, or Buddha, or Jesus Christ, if You are not responding to it and willing, nothing will help you Spiritually..

6 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Someone here sadhguru has said things that I have witnessed on psychedelic. He said the other side of the river is whwn you meet your maker and when you meet it you freeze. On psychedelic I went into the hard drive of God and I froze in it.

How can you know nothing about anything while criticizing possibly the most famous spiritual guru ever. You don't even know if you are gay but you know sadhguru is wrong?

@IshangaSounds good . So once again its the relative vs absolute conundrum. 

What you said about not rejecting.. just take it or leave it  is pretty much common sense ..like with everything else in life ..the Cigarettes shops don't force you to buy Cigarettes..they just offer them..you either take them or leave them ..you will get the consequences. 

The path towards truth is walked alone . No real enlightenment can happen by listening to other people.  Because you are dreaming others .right now @Hojo ..you are not interacting with a person separate from you ..you are interacting with your own consciousness. I'm just a projection out of your consciousness. So when you listen to spirtual teachers there are some fundamental challenges: that you are giving them authority at face value while ignoring the obvious that only you knows who you are better than anyone else .

I do know whether im gay or not .from a relative perspective im bisexual. I like teen girls 70% and handsome well-groomed men 30%.

About not knowing anything about anything.....it's not just me . Nobody in the entire cosmos even aliens and ghosts and even God himself do not know shit .

2 minutes ago, Davino said:

@Ishanga Of course it's my opinion, I determine it. Although I don't pull it out of my ass, I stand on years of tremendous spiritual Awakenings and revelations on top of hundreds of saints that I've studied and cross compared.

Sadghuru is legit but it's not "maxed out." Yogis like Lahiri Mahasaya or Tatwale baba are light years ahead of him, to give you an example within his own yogic tradition.

How do You know this, and why should anyone care? If Lahiri Mahasaya is light Years ahead of Sadhguru, how did You come to this determination and why is it relevant today for Me?