8Ball

@Leo: About the carnivore diet

112 posts in this topic

I just had a quick question for Leo. I remember watching your blog post about doing the carnivore diet after your water fast. In it you said that it had some positive effects on your health issues but that some symptoms were starting to appear again.

I couldn't find any update after that though I'm sure you've mentioned it in the forum. But what happened next? Did you continue with the diet for some time after? I'm asking because I'm doing the carnivore diet and I'm very interested in it.

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

Don’t you crave a blueberry sometimes? I can’t imagine my life with blueberries.

Sailing on the ceiling 

24 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Don’t you crave a blueberry sometimes? I can’t imagine my life with blueberries.

Yes I do. It's the worst diet ever. Incredibly boring. But it's the best diet for me in terms of removing autoimmune issues and feeling good.

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

11 minutes ago, 8Ball said:

Yes I do. It's the worst diet ever. Incredibly boring. But it's the best diet for me in terms of removing autoimmune issues and feeling good.

less worst that vegan diet :)

The devil is in the details.

23 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Do you seriously think carnivore is better than vegan?

40 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

At least with a vegan diet you have a ton of variety and can make fun dishes. Carnivore is so restrictive that you get really tired of eating that way. This is what I mean with it being the worst diet because it's such a boring way to eat. But for me it's the best diet in terms of how I feel. I was a proper vegan for seven months a few years ago but I still had all these autoimmune issues. Not with carnivore. So the only reason I put myself through hell eating the same thing day in and day out is because it's the only diet making me feel like a normal human.

56 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I can eat plenty of chicken with butter (or cheese) and some salt, it would be effectively repetitive but super tasty still ; While eating 2500 kcal vegan is super annoying.

Health wise, the vegans who do best are very high in fat (Markus rothkranz, Lou corona...), those who eat mainly starch or fruit end up looking like zombies with no libido.

And then there is...

fart*

Oops :S

Edited by Schizophonia

36 minutes ago, 8Ball said:

At least with a vegan diet you have a ton of variety and can make fun dishes. Carnivore is so restrictive that you get really tired of eating that way. This is what I mean with it being the worst diet because it's such a boring way to eat. But for me it's the best diet in terms of how I feel. I was a proper vegan for seven months a few years ago but I still had all these autoimmune issues. Not with carnivore. So the only reason I put myself through hell eating the same thing day in and day out is because it's the only diet making me feel like a normal human.

There's a huge variety of meats, eggs, and dairy.
And that's if you're a hypercarnivore, but if you're down the "primal" rabbit hole it's even wider.
Or even just a typical European diet, if you know what I mean.

10 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I can eat plenty of chicken with butter (or cheese) and some salt, it would be effectively repetitive but super tasty still ; While eating 2500 kcal vegan is super annoying.

Health wise, the vegans who do best are very high in fat (Markus rothkranz, Lou corona...), those who eat mainly starch or fruit end up looking like zombies with no libido.

And then there is...

fart*

Oops :S

I’d much much rather eat a great variety of veggies , tofu , legumes, nuts etc than just chicken and butter/cheese

Healthwise veganism with a vide variety seems better than carnivore, then within veganism yes maybe higher fat is better.

i tried once a low fiber diet, and then I binged on processed food once because I got cravings and got a massive reaction to it which I usually wouldn’t get, so I draw the conclusion that the lack of fiber fucked my gut so it made me sensitive. When I eat omnivore diet with plenty of fiber my gut is tough and can tolerate almost anything . Including binges ( I never binge anymore it was in my past). I’m thinking about writing a post about it

Edited by Sugarcoat

12 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I’d much much rather eat a great variety of veggies , tofu , legumes, nuts etc than just chicken and butter/cheese

Yes of course, the chicken with butter was just an example of a carnivorous dish.

23 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Healthwise veganism with a vide variety seems better than carnivore, then within veganism yes maybe higher fat is better.

Maybe, idk.

23 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

i tried once a low fiber diet, and then I binged on processed food once because I got cravings and got a massive reaction to it which I usually wouldn’t get, so I draw the conclusion that the lack of fiber fucked my gut so it made me sensitive. When I eat omnivore diet with plenty of fiber my gut is tough and can tolerate almost anything . Including binges ( I never binge anymore it was in my past). I’m thinking about writing a post about it

Yes ofc, it's very interesting.

1 minute ago, Schizophonia said:

Yes of course, the chicken with butter was just an example of a carnivorous dish.

Maybe, idk.

Yes ofc, it's very interesting.

Ok👍🏻

I wrote in my journal hehe

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

Ok👍🏻

I wrote in my journal hehe

😉

I will check.

It's hard to maintain it strictly for long.

What happened is I should ideally stick to carnivore but it's impossible to do that for periods of over a year.

Don't do carnivore unless you have very specific health conditions that necessiate it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

54 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

@Leo Gura so you came to the conclusion it’s the best diet for your health?

It's not the best diet for my health, it's the only diet my health allows for.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not the best diet for my health, it's the only diet my health allows for.

Now that's interesting. I interpret it that you can drastically reduce your symptoms with the carnivore diet but that your overall health won't improve, in the long run at least? Have you planned doing the diet for an extended period of time? Say three to six months? Then have some blood work before and after? It would make a great video seeing you evaluate your journey.

8 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Think about it this way... a Vegan diet only limits you from eating dairy, eggs, and meat... which is only like 8 foods that you CAN'T eat on the Vegan diet, while the other 1000+ are fair game. And you can still eat all the Vegan replacements for the 8 foods that you can't eat.

But with the carnivore diet, literally all you're eating is meat. And that means there's only like 5 foods you CAN eat on the carnivore diet... chicken, beef, pork, fish, and shellfish.

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

11 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

easily, by miles

It's Love.

4 hours ago, Emerald said:

Think about it this way... a Vegan diet only limits you from eating dairy, eggs, and meat... which is only like 8 foods that you CAN'T eat on the Vegan diet, while the other 1000+ are fair game. And you can still eat all the Vegan replacements for the 8 foods that you can't eat.

But with the carnivore diet, literally all you're eating is meat. And that means there's only like 5 foods you CAN eat on the carnivore diet... chicken, beef, pork, fish, and shellfish.

It doesn't have importance, because the some carnivore foods are better that any vegan food.

The only plant foods that taste good are those that contains a lot of fat, like nuts and fatty fruits (like coconut and avocado).

Vegans just end up coping by spamming curries or stupid dishes like that.because eating a lot of plain beans is boring and uninteresting.

And then you have to supplement with B12, possibly fat-soluble vitamins and even some minerals (Zinc), you have to take crazy foods like flax seeds for omega 3...
Fuck.