Sandhu

A rant about life in third world country. What you say?

31 posts in this topic

I don't get to date any woman. Sexually very deprived. A big hurdle for progress and self-development. You're all from liberal countries are lucky people.  Every institution is corrupt and dysfunctional. Those who have power (money , status, tribal support) boss around. It's hard to make ends meet for majority of people. Drastic lifestyle differences between people. No one gives a fuck about lost lives. Never know when a bomb gonna blast and you loose you leg in a terrorist attack.

Life is hard here.

Sorry to hear that. Yes we often feel lucky to live in the developed western world. 

What country are you in? 

What country is this?

I can definitely empathize with the sex part. I don’t pursue other Middle Eastern women because quite often they’re Muslims. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

48 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

What country is this?

I can definitely empathize with the sex part. I don’t pursue other Middle Eastern women because quite often they’re Muslims. 

There are apostate women, if that is really important to you.

The devil is in the details.

@Sandhu, focus a bit on the positive side.

• You know your culture's dogmas and are less dependent on others.
  • You easily see what you value, which is different than most of your people.
  • You are careful who you enter into your life.
  • You are open-minded.
  • You know that you are responsible for yourself.
  • etc.

I often look around and see people living in their static old bubble that they defend.

It's liberating that I can think in ways that virtually no one in my country can, and that they aren't aware of or informed about things like I am.

The little those people know about me, the better I feel.

Edited by Nemra

As an Iraqi, I agree, all of this.

But hey, first world country people take for granted all the knowledge and spiral development they get, we get to build ourself up.

I always try to look at my culture with sympathy, care, and understanding, rather than judgement, it is hard, but your condition is actually perfect to test how serious you are in personal development.

Good luck brother, I know it is hard, I am going to escape from here too but I am trying to use my time here as an opportunity to develop.

Your country might have its own history, beliefs, authors, etc.
For example I know Iraqi authors in sociology who are so underrated and not known in the west, but are spirally developed, or at least offer amazing perspectives.

Find the gems in your culture, discard the rubbish.

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

@Nemra That is precisely why, I often find myself very lonely. Sometimes I regret getting enlightened. I am a very social and family guy. I constantly find myself judging and belittling others, though I don't want do that.

A person like me want to make money to better the life of me and my family, fulfill other desires like sex, fun and travel etc.

Doesn't matter how much I bullshit myself that I want to become this higher empathetic, spiritual being and some high class philosopher.

I need to fulfill my basic needs and desires. These things money and sex doesn't come easy here. You need a speciall kind of skill set which is not neccessarily ethical. To flourish in kind of culture I am stuck in.

*sorry for bad English

@Sandhu, I didn't say to BS yourself.

For example, I mostly don't want to be with someone from my culture because of different reasons. But I don't blame them for not being the way I want.

However, you can think steps ahead.

I mean you maybe can look to move. It's definitely better here but not perfect and we have a lot of issues too specific to developed nations. And the future is uncertain in some

@Treewatcher It's not easy to move. It's really hard to unstuck oneself in such situation. I know it will take a lot work to get where I want to and still I may not have the fortune but the journey is worth it. We gotta play the cards we've been dealt with, I guess.

12 hours ago, Sandhu said:

@Treewatcher It's not easy to move. It's really hard to unstuck oneself in such situation. I know it will take a lot work to get where I want to and still I may not have the fortune but the journey is worth it. We gotta play the cards we've been dealt with, I guess.

It's about what's more easier, living there each day or trying to move somewhere else.

I have been through this, i thought grass is greener on the other side. it's was definitely better initially some of the time went by well. However then i started seeing issues here too, which made me even more unhappier. I used to write stuff in a diary years back. One day i was particularly unhappy and suddenly occurred to me that I'm un-happy because I can't now imagine a better place, since the place I earlier imagined to be better doesn't proved to be "better", now I must face it.

Now when I think through this, It seems happiness eludes us at times because of what we become chasing it. We become a competitive grunty person, someone who lacks good luck and has to fight through the ordeals to be a happy person. Such a person doesn't have a relationship with living that is conducive to happiness.

Personally i would be way happier now to be in your place :) , To give it a fresh try. I would start by reading more and follow my enthusiasm and won't resist whatever that i call "ugly" in the society rather i would try to make sense of it and would go all in. Not chasing some eluding happiness but start from what makes me happy. Life is what it is, Why do we have an expectation of it to be something else?

Edited by MutedMiles
clarity

'@MutedMiles Of course there are problems unique to every place and I don't expect to be extraordinarily happy after moving out to somewhere. 

I'm intimidated by the fundamental problems with society here like close-mindedness, red and blue SD stages, less opportunities etc. and especially the impact and conditioning of these things on my psyche. 

Learning from these things, integrating these things or finding blessings. These are bullshit things which will create net negative consequences for you. Grab the first opportunity you come across to get out of these places.

Not to boast but I'm a gifted person intellectually and spiritually and being in this place with these small-minded people only frustrates me.

@Sandhu Some social scientists have equated people willing to migrate as those predisposed to breaking through Darwinian filters. It is a flattering view of migrants and I think valid.

I am not a crybaby!

1 hour ago, Sandhu said:

'@MutedMiles Of course there are problems unique to every place and I don't expect to be extraordinarily happy after moving out to somewhere. 

I'm intimidated by the fundamental problems with society here like close-mindedness, red and blue SD stages, less opportunities etc. and especially the impact and conditioning of these things on my psyche. 

Learning from these things, integrating these things or finding blessings. These are bullshit things which will create net negative consequences for you. Grab the first opportunity you come across to get out of these places.

Not to boast but I'm a gifted person intellectually and spiritually and being in this place with these small-minded people only frustrates me.

You will find even smaller minded people here

@El Zapato Migration is complex, and not all migrants fit this profile.

Poverty, conflict and inequality drive migration not just individual characteristics.

Edited by Sandhu

@Sandhu Of course, I just thought it was nice and some do not move in the face of all those challenges.  I probably wouldn't.

I am not a crybaby!

2 hours ago, Sandhu said:

I expect good things for you in the future. Thanks for sharing and bringing up first hand experience about this relevant topic to personal and societal development. 

Developed countries had to go through their own period of development similar to what your country is going through now. Progress comes at a cost. Maybe this is your call to action to be part of your society's development. Maybe you are the hero your country is looking for. 

I was in Syria for my whole life except the last 3 years am in Egypt, life is fucking hard here, i was born into extremely dysfunctional family, and so much shit

i can get a gf witch is a very difficult thing but i can now i know how xD i been to few dates and one of them was in her car at night xd, sex is risky as fuck here tho i had the opportunity few times i didn't take it, i chose to deliberately not be into girls atm work my ass off and leave this amazing country

even tho i learned to be much more social, i learned how to also build good relationship with people that has normal empathy even tho they dont like my ideas or my look even, i think hard challenges grow us a lot if we didn't allow them to cripple us
your country sounds like syria  

This video is very inspiring, also tony robbins has a saying things happen for you not to you, i never been stronger, i take care of my fitness health education finance, and soon ill reach my goals and leave this pit hell of religious fanatics that want me dead or converted

Am super grateful for what am gowning throw, I can stand up strong in life and be my self and not only that i can handle HARD truth
So yeah you can always see the positive in the situation even tho when am in the situation i scream and moan more lol

Edited by Ash55

On 9/14/2024 at 11:15 PM, Sandhu said:

These things money and sex doesn't come easy here. You need a speciall kind of skill set which is not neccessarily ethical. To flourish in kind of culture I am stuck in.

sorry to hear man about that situation. One thing I can suggest though (regarding the money one) is that there are a lot of careers online available for people outside of the US to 

For example, I just hired a freelancer from pakistan in digital marketing (for $15/hr). While this is not much for someone in the US, this can be a pretty good living outside. You can find a lottttt of fields like this that can give you this kind of opportunity. digital marketing (copywriting, ads, social media), tech (UX, web dev, full-stack), video editing, coaching/teaching etc.

it does take some time to build a portfolio though to sell to clients (6 months - 1 year depending on field and intensity of your work) 

Edited by Jacob Morres