kray

Yellow teeth

22 posts in this topic

Ever since I started smoking cigarettes since this past may, and I have noticed significant changes in my teeth. I’ve noticed a line of slight grayness on my lower gum, right under my teeth, some hard to clear plaque between the teeth, and an overall yellowing, more yellow than before. Even though I’ve been smoking for only three months, are these symptoms bounds to happen to my teeth after smoking? 

1 hour ago, kray said:

are these symptoms bounds to happen to my teeth after smoking? 

I'm not sure about "bound to happen," but I think it's pretty obvious that cigarettes are harmful.

I would ask chatGPT in your shoes for specific answers.

An effective and quick and relatively safe solution for teeth whitening is to use carbamide peroxide (35%ish) gel which you can find on amazon and rub on your teeth surface before going to bed (try not to swallow it).

But the main thing is to just stop smoking, lol. It does nothing but rob from your future self. It's only a few steps removed from heroin.

It's Love.

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

I'm not sure about "bound to happen," but I think it's pretty obvious that cigarettes are harmful.

I would ask chatGPT in your shoes for specific answers.

An effective and quick and relatively safe solution for teeth whitening is to use carbamide peroxide (35%ish) gel which you can find on amazon and rub on your teeth surface before going to bed (try not to swallow it).

But the main thing is to just stop smoking, lol. It does nothing but rob from your future self. It's only a few steps removed from heroin.

Yea I’m starting to learn just how addictive it is 

On 9/13/2024 at 8:03 PM, RendHeaven said:

Sounds poisonous if swallowing is harmful. Never understood this don't swallow stuff for things used inside the mouth. From it enters the mouth it's being passively swallowed in small amounts.

Know thyself....

On 9/13/2024 at 6:21 PM, kray said:

Ever since I started smoking cigarettes since this past may, and I have noticed significant changes in my teeth. I’ve noticed a line of slight grayness on my lower gum, right under my teeth, some hard to clear plaque between the teeth, and an overall yellowing, more yellow than before. Even though I’ve been smoking for only three months, are these symptoms bounds to happen to my teeth after smoking? 

If you rub a cut strawberry on your teeth, you'll notice them whiten. Maybe too natural and safe for you as many on the forum like to suggest toxic stuff and can't see how natural products can be just as effective as their toxic counterparts. So does turmeric, basil leaves, baking soda and charcoal.  

It's the tar from the cigarettes that's causing the discoloration.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

From it enters the mouth it's being passively swallowed in small amounts.

Correct, but I recommend you use a very little amount at rare intervals (like once a month).

Passive swallowing happens, yes, but it's completely negligible because it's so low-dose.

Carbamide peroxide poisoning would cause acute symptoms which neither I nor my friends have ever experienced.

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Maybe too natural and safe for you as many on the forum like to suggest toxic stuff and can't see how natural products can be just as effective as their toxic counterparts.

I'm all for "natural" solutions, but don't kid yourself that daily strawberry rubbing will whiten your teeth even 1% of what carbamide peroxide will do with a single treatment.

Sometimes the synthetic thing actually works better and has negligible drawbacks - but you have to be discerning and cherry pick carefully and calculate your own risk-benefit gamble.

This is coming from a guy who uses 0 shampoo/conditioner, 0 hair product, 0 washes or scrubs, 0 deodorant, 0 creams and moisturizers other than tallow - and I have perfect hair and skin and I smell great.

So I'm no stranger to the ineffectiveness and redundancy of most chemical care products.

Less is usually more, and simple whole ingredients usually win - but there are exceptions.

It's Love.

I'm asking this with genuine interest, what made you take up smoking? I assume you had to override some form of self preservation instinct since you've been a member of the forum for a while...is it because of a girl you were dating? That's how buddy of mine took it on for example.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

6 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Correct, but I recommend you use a very little amount at rare intervals (like once a month).

Passive swallowing happens, yes, but it's completely negligible because it's so low-dose.

Carbamide peroxide poisoning would cause acute symptoms which neither I nor my friends have ever experienced.

I'm all for "natural" solutions, but don't kid yourself that daily strawberry rubbing will whiten your teeth even 1% of what carbamide peroxide will do with a single treatment.

Sometimes the synthetic thing actually works better and has negligible drawbacks - but you have to be discerning and cherry pick carefully and calculate your own risk-benefit gamble.

This is coming from a guy who uses 0 shampoo/conditioner, 0 hair product, 0 washes or scrubs, 0 deodorant, 0 creams and moisturizers other than tallow - and I have perfect hair and skin and I smell great.

So I'm no stranger to the ineffectiveness and redundancy of most chemical care products.

Less is usually more, and simple whole ingredients usually win - but there are exceptions.

Yes I agree. Not debating that the product you suggested works. Probably whitens teeth to the core. Saying don't swallow something recommended for oral care is a little ludicrous to me. You explained it's in small amounts and that's fine, I'm not here defending anything, I'm simply stating my approach. I'm not a health nut and I do have unhealthy habits but that's why I try to go the all natural way when I can to try and cut down on toxicity because it's everywhere and I mean everywhere. Even stuff I think is healthy may also be harming me and those strawberries may be laced with pesticides, but I'll still take my chances so the body can heal faster when needed because it's not used to taking stuff that's foreign to it. 

Know thyself....

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I'm asking this with genuine interest, what made you take up smoking? I assume you had to override some form of self preservation instinct since you've been a member of the forum for a while...is it because of a girl you were dating? That's how buddy of mine took it on for example.

I actually took it up after I broke up with my girlfriend some four months ago haha

Update: I plan on quitting cigarettes sometime this week. Bought nicotine gum and zyns to help with initial cravings. Wish me luck!

Just now, kray said:

Update: I plan on quitting cigarettes sometime this week. Bought nicotine gum and zyns to help with initial cravings. Wish me luck!

ਖੁਸ਼ਕਿਸਮਤੀ

1 hour ago, LoseYourvelf said:

ਖੁਸ਼ਕਿਸਮਤੀ

What lol

7 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Even stuff I think is healthy may also be harming me and those strawberries may be laced with pesticides, but I'll still take my chances so the body can heal faster when needed because it's not used to taking stuff that's foreign to it. 

Really good point. I've been contemplating recently how all of my "healthy" arrangements are still damaged/damaging in subtle ways that I don't comprehend.

It goes depressingly deep, but at the end of the day - effortful, conscious discernment is everything.

3 hours ago, kray said:

Update: I plan on quitting cigarettes sometime this week.

Stay strong homie.

Feel free to ask the forum for support. Quitting without accountability is like doubling the difficulty for no reason.

Set a specific date so that "sometime this week" doesn't devolve into "sometime next week."

It's Love.

16 hours ago, kray said:

good luck! if nicotine gums don't work, try the patches instead. Someone I worked with last year found that approach incredibly helpful. I think he was cutting down by about 20% every other week and took him about 3 months to quit altogether with a few ups and downs. Hope it'll work out for you/

Also reading Alan Carrs's books could help Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life: Amazon.co.uk: Carr, Allen: 9780141039404: Books

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I see you only picked up smoking since 3 months. I remember my first couple months where I really enjoyed smoking because of its novelty. But the longer you keep at it the harder it will be to quit. I started smoking 7 years ago and quit like a month ago after multiple unsuccesful iterations of quitting.

My greatest advice to you is.. quit now !

The money you burn, the health you jeopardise, the teeth you ruin, the time you waste and just the overall personal hygiene going down. Really it's not worth it for just a single minute of temporary high.

Best to do it just cold turkey and sit with the unease for 3 days. After that your body will very quickly adjust. The best part is food tastes amazing again because tar blocks your taste-receptors.

Good luck

Just so you guys know and are aware, eating a diet filled with mostly junk food, drinking lots of soda and eating lots of fast foods and processed foods can be just as bad or even worse than smoking. I very rarely see anybody warn against people's bad eating habits. Tons of people I know that never smoked and end up with degenerative diseases only from diet alone. I know one person with COPD, diabetes, high blood pressure, had a heart monitor installed, a dick pump installed, had 2 strokes and never smoked a day in their life but their diet was very very bad, lots of junk food and sugary drinks and also alcohol but never smoked. Let's start to warn people also about their soda intake and fake food McDonald and Subway and processed junk. Won't happen.

Know thyself....

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

a dick pump installed, had 2 strokes

I read this as he came after 2 strokes of his dick pump

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Subway

Subway is so trash. I feel like it "gets away with it more" because it doesn't sell burgers or fries.

And people stuff their subs with lettuce to feel better about their purchase.

Nope, it's still ultraprocessed & will probably give you cancer in 40 years.

It's Love.

12 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

I read this as he came after 2 strokes of his dick pump

Subway is so trash. I feel like it "gets away with it more" because it doesn't sell burgers or fries.

And people stuff their subs with lettuce to feel better about their purchase.

Nope, it's still ultraprocessed & will probably give you cancer in 40 years.

It's not even just that 70% of the stuff sold in Supermarkets, especially in the middle isles are toxic and half the shit sold as cosmetics and skin care and cleaning products. I do knowingly consume unhealthy shit at times but that's why I try to limit the toxins if I can. It's everywhere and with my vices, I do need to beware of the toxins I put in my body to compensate. So I'm not immune; but people need to realize that it's not just smoking that's bad and also what one smokes can also make a difference.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

On 15/09/2024 at 9:03 PM, kray said:

What lol

Thanks in Punjabi O.o