AION

Sun is perfect metaphor to understand god

5 posts in this topic

Both the sun creates order in chaos in our solar system. It gives life. It is both beneficial as destructive. Being too close to it can hurt you and being too far away can freeze you. 

Both the sun and god is impersonal. Yes it gave life to you. Without it you wouldn’t exist.  But at the same time if you step out of line it won’t come to save your ass. Both the sun and god is a force of nature.  

What do you guys think? I think most people project human attributes on god. I don’t think god cares about it. It will exist with you or without you. It just beams out warmth/love sun kissing you and if you don’t look out you can be killed by it if you don’t understand its nature. 

How most people treat god is like those goofs who speak to dogs like the dog understands human language. The dog doesn’t give a shit. It is just a biological organism with thousands of years of evolutionary conditioning. 

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

sun will disappear too as God :P

It will become a black hole 

3 hours ago, AION said:

Both the sun creates order in chaos in our solar system. It gives life. It is both beneficial as destructive. Being too close to it can hurt you and being too far away can freeze you. 

Both the sun and god is impersonal. Yes it gave life to you. Without it you wouldn’t exist.  But at the same time if you step out of line it won’t come to save your ass. Both the sun and god is a force of nature.  

What do you guys think? I think most people project human attributes on god. I don’t think god cares about it. It will exist with you or without you. It just beams out warmth/love sun kissing you and if you don’t look out you can be killed by it if you don’t understand its nature. 

How most people treat god is like those goofs who speak to dogs like the dog understands human language. The dog doesn’t give a shit. It is just a biological organism with thousands of years of evolutionary conditioning. 

"Both the sun creates order in chaos in our solar system." what does this mean? 

If God is "a force of nature" isn't that just saying that there is no God? You are putting nature before God, so what is God?

Many claim that God is indeed personal and orderly, and not an impersonal chaotic force that has no mind. My question to you is: How does order arise out of chaos? How did you, a personal being with a rational mind, arise from a chaotic impersonal force? Where in your experience does order arise from chaos? Does anything orderly in your experience arise out of chaos?

Are you comparing God to a dog? 

@traveler i think the sun solidifies the chaos into form without it we would be in pitch black seeing random shit all the time.