davecraw

Has anyone achieved lasting pleasantness with psychedelic usage?

38 posts in this topic

Or is your average state of being throughout the day not good and you are figuring out how to maintain pleasantness?

Who needs pleasantness

Let me suffer if I must

Why not

Also I myself don't encourage psychedelics anymore to anyone

And I don't use them myself anymore

I don't reject it also but just don't want to encourage it too

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

Yes the first time and it hasnt gone away. My perception is permanently changed after one experience its just gradually getting more over time. I cry every day because I am happy that God is real. Once you realize that your brain is a computer you can just repeat things in your mind all day to make yourself feel better.

The first time I took psychedelic is felt like a nuke went off inside my mind. I only took them twice in my life. Since the first time I took them I have never had a bad day. It has been 4 years my life before psychedelic was literally mental torture. I was so scared all of the time I was going insane. I had almost fully let go of myself and I would have killed myself.

Now I am just trying to undo all the shit I fucked up with my mind. Cause even if you have a crazy experience and feel lighter your mind is still connected the same way.

Edited by Hojo

not really but i achieved about 10 days of paranoia once

my ayahuasca trip increased my life quality with literally 150% permanently (or at least so far, its been 10 months since the trip. still going strong)

Just now, emil1234 said:

my ayahuasca trip increased my life quality with literally 150% permanently (or at least so far, its been 10 months since the trip. still going strong)

How would you describe the changes? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

@Buck Edwards life is so much more soft and loving. its like it removed a barrier between me and existence. it gave me trust in the universe. cant describe it. went from being so fucking tired of life to absolutley loving every single moment

On 12/09/2024 at 6:40 AM, Hojo said:

you can just repeat things in your mind all day to make yourself feel better.

is this healthy from a self development perspective?

@Kokorec its just mantras so why not? What would make it unhealthy?

Edited by Hojo

@Hojo Thought you were visualising old experiences and fantasising or some shit like that to feel good. 

Mantras are cool though.

7 minutes ago, Kokorec said:

@Hojo Thought you were visualising old experiences and fantasising or some shit like that to feel good. 

Whats wrong with that? I do this as a daily gratitude exercise. 

@Kokorecmy childhood wasnt good and I messed up my thinking well into my adult life so these types of things help me reprogram my mind. I was doing the exact same thing with negative mantras and now I am just trying to reverese what I have done.

Would not go as far as saying "all pleasant" since then - but I had one very strong psychedelic experience some months ago and I can see a clear trajectory upwards since then. The difference to all other psychedelic experiences was that I had a strong loss of identification. 

It like I am on a boat and the experience changed the course I was taking by 1 or 2 degrees. Slow at the beginning, but the change becomes stronger and stronger every month. It's not only the psychedelics (it were mushrooms) but also many other factors that catalyzed change. Nevertheless, I feel that the trip played a crucial role.

On 12/09/2024 at 6:40 AM, Hojo said:

Once you realize that your brain is a computer you can just repeat things in your mind all day to make yourself feel better.

@Butters when he put it as a "computer". I imagined a dopamine spamming activity "feel good brain masturbation" kind of thing and doing it for the sake of feeling good.

Gratitude is cool though, it clarifies what's good and meaningful in ones life.

@Hojo The thought patterns that lead to heavy emotion- god I still get abused by 'em when shit gets tough.

the first time i did psychedelics i  LSD 3 times every single month and then stayed for almost one whole year in a constant mindfulness-flow-super happy state (without taking anything or even meditating).

However with the years i feel psychedelics will never work for me like the first times, so i have become quite disillusioned with them. 

Last time was a heavy dose 5-meo-dmt but literally good feelings only lasted 4 days, then maybe 3 weeks of afterglow and then back to the shit of always. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

@Kokorec anything you think will be repeated. Your brain is a chat gpt robot that repeats what you store.

On 9/12/2024 at 0:40 AM, Hojo said:

The first time I took psychedelic is felt like a nuke went off inside my mind. I only took them twice in my life. Since the first time I took them I have never had a bad day. It has been 4 years my life before psychedelic was literally mental torture. I was so scared all of the time I was going insane. I had almost fully let go of myself and I would have killed myself.

Seems contradictory to this thread you started.

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia Its because I am still questioning. I do not have bad days I just see that I am not in control of my mind I cannot focus on something for more than 15 minutes without losing control of my mind. I cannot focus my imagination on one thing without it drifting to something else and I go unconcious in imagination. To me this is insanity, losing control of your mind.

I now have peace but my mind is still out of my control.

Edited by Hojo