Fountainbleu

Is yellow intellectualism transcended at Turquoise?

68 posts in this topic

It seems years ago I was intellectually Yellow—constantly reading books, watching podcasts, and seeing infinite possibilities in every scenario. But after reading Osho’s *Book of Secrets*, I took to heart the idea that everything is inside of you. Since then, until recently, I hadn’t picked up a full book. I just didn’t resonate with intellectual material anymore. It felt unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Lately, I’ve been reading and watching podcasts again, though.

Instead of intellectualizing, I started going inward for answers. This led to experiences of oneness and non-duality— aspects of Turquoise? It’s been quite a journey.

Look at Wim Hof. He seems like someone who’s not bothered with intellectualizing much.

I’m seeking some clarity on this shift. Thanks!

@Fountainbleu

Just my 2 cents worth,,

How about the idea of balancing the intellect with feelings? The system I've been involved with mostly is based on Fourth Way or Gurdjieff. Their are varying lineages. But they are basically the same. The idea is also put forward that the instinctive center needs to be balanced with the intellectual and the heart center.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I think that yellow has genuine intellectual open-mindedness, it wants to know without being committed to any idea and without any agenda. It seeks truth and true knowledge and is courageous enough to face it. It seeks the truth beyond all the smoke screens of culture and socialization. Yellow is the foundation for turquoise.
At some point, after the deconstruction of the components of reality, and perhaps also the self and the ego, yellow reaches a point where things can no longer be understood intellectually, and it realizes the downside of relying heavily on intellectuality alone.
After all this long path, there are still many things that remain uncovered, and the amount of mystery is infinite.
So they surrender to the not knowing and start to value childlike innocence, playfulness, joy, the present moment itself, the beauty, and the interconnectedness of this world on the energetic level, which they feel a part of rather than observing and judging reality from the outside, as yellow does. Everything is backed by a good amount of wisdom.
They are reality they play with it, live it, and feel it. They are existence itself, not as knowledge or an idea in their mind they have discovered but as a feeling in their body and their being.

I think the transition from yellow to turquoise is not immediate but gradual, as with any stage.
So if you are not 100% sure where you are, maybe you are somewhere in between.

There is a cartoon character who gives me turquoise vibes, and that is Zeno, "The King of Everything," from Dragon Ball Super.

And Osho, in my view is a very good example of turquoise. In this video he demonstrates in a humorous way the value of jokes and not taking ourselves seriously.

Edited by Lila9

👽

32 minutes ago, Lila9 said:

I think that yellow has genuine intellectual open-mindedness, it wants to know without being committed to any idea and without any agenda. It seeks truth and true knowledge and is courageous enough to face it. It seeks the truth beyond all the smoke screens of culture and socialization. Yellow is the foundation for turquoise.
At some point, after the deconstruction of the components of reality, and perhaps also the self and the ego, yellow reaches a point where things can no longer be understood intellectually, and it realizes the downside of relying heavily on intellectuality alone.
After all this long path, there are still many things that remain uncovered, and the amount of mystery is infinite.
So they surrender to the not knowing and start to value childlike innocence, playfulness, joy, the present moment itself, the beauty, and the interconnectedness of this world on the energetic level, which they feel a part of rather than observing and judging reality from the outside, as yellow does. Everything is backed by a good amount of wisdom.
They are reality they play with it, live it, and feel it. They are existence itself, not as knowledge or an idea in their mind they have discovered but as a feeling in their body and their being.

I think the transition from yellow to turquoise is not immediate but gradual, as with any stage.
So if you are not 100% sure where you are, maybe you are somewhere in between.

There is a cartoon character who gives me turquoise vibes, and that is Zeno, "The King of Everything," from Dragon Ball Super.

And Osho, in my view is a very good example of turquoise. In this video he demonstrates in a humorous way the value of jokes and not taking ourselves seriously.

@Lila9 awesome explanation of the shift from Yellow to Turquoise. You nailed it. You really captured how Yellow is all about curiosity and openness, but eventually hits a point where intellectualizing just doesn’t work anymore. And the way you described Turquoise as more about living, feeling, and experiencing reality rather than analyzing it? 

Also, using Osho and Zeno as examples, loved that! Made it super relatable. Now I can’t help but wonder... where would Goku fit into Spiral Dynamics? :D

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

1 hour ago, shree said:

@Lila9 awesome explanation of the shift from Yellow to Turquoise. You nailed it. You really captured how Yellow is all about curiosity and openness, but eventually hits a point where intellectualizing just doesn’t work anymore. And the way you described Turquoise as more about living, feeling, and experiencing reality rather than analyzing it? 

Also, using Osho and Zeno as examples, loved that! Made it super relatable. Now I can’t help but wonder... where would Goku fit into Spiral Dynamics? :D

Thank you so much, I was concerned with missing details in my post, but on the other hand, there is a limit to how much I can write in one post. I am glad that what I wrote is good enough.  

Regarding Goku, it’s difficult to categorize him lol but from what I see, he has:  
1. A healthy integration of red, because he is courageous and has a strong passion for martial arts. He does it because he enjoys it and is passionate about it, not out of obligation (like his son who fight when it’s really needed).  

2. Maybe some poor integration of blue. Goku is not a very present husband, and he doesn’t work or conform much to the blue standards of society.  

3. I see some healthy green in the way he accepts all beings, sees the good in everyone, even in his enemies, and maybe is also somewhat too naive about the intentions of others and the cruelty in the world.  

I am not sure about orange, seems like he doesn’t care about wealth, status or career but I might be wrong.

What do you think?

👽

@Lila9 How I love those spiral threads 🥰

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

53 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Lila9 How I love those spiral threads 🥰

I know, right?

👽

1 hour ago, Lila9 said:

I know, right?

Do you mean you feel like that too?

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

6 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Do you mean you feel like that too?

Yes, it’s a phrase I used to express that I empathize with your statement ✨

👽

2 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Thank you so much, I was concerned with missing details in my post, but on the other hand, there is a limit to how much I can write in one post. I am glad that what I wrote is good enough.  

Regarding Goku, it’s difficult to categorize him lol but from what I see, he has:  
1. A healthy integration of red, because he is courageous and has a strong passion for martial arts. He does it because he enjoys it and is passionate about it, not out of obligation (like his son who fight when it’s really needed).  

2. Maybe some poor integration of blue. Goku is not a very present husband, and he doesn’t work or conform much to the blue standards of society.  

3. I see some healthy green in the way he accepts all beings, sees the good in everyone, even in his enemies, and maybe is also somewhat too naive about the intentions of others and the cruelty in the world.  

I am not sure about orange, seems like he doesn’t care about wealth, status or career but I might be wrong.

What do you think?

You did more than good enough!

1. I completely agree that Goku’s core is rooted in a healthy Stage Red, since martial arts is the center of his life.  
2. It’s tough for me to pinpoint any real Stage Blue traits in him.  
3. I also agree that he embodies many Stage Green traits, especially in how he sees the good in everyone, even his enemies.

But if you ask me, he’s about 70% healthy Red and 20% Orange, given his obsession with becoming the best - not as a career, but as a passion. The remaining 10%? That’s up for debate! 

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

22 minutes ago, shree said:

But if you ask me, he’s about 70% healthy Red and 20% Orange, given his obsession with becoming the best - not as a career, but as a passion. The remaining 10%? That’s up for debate! 

I see 🤔

👽

18 hours ago, Fountainbleu said:

seeing infinite possibilities in every scenario

What do you mean by that? Can you give example(s)?

17 hours ago, Fountainbleu said:

seeing infinite possibilities in every scenario

Once this was exhausted for me and the novelty fell away, which took a couple decades, there was the question of "why?" Why was I doing all this understanding? 

I think the answers to that question is what leads to the surrender of all the thinking. You can miss it if you're not paying attention. Maybe you saw the games you were playing or the reasons why you were doing it and that led to some surrender. 

I hesitate to use SD labels because I don't like to imply superiority. If you're turquoise, you're better off not adopting the label, IMO. 

@Lila Great explanation!

8 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

What do you mean by that? Can you give example(s)?

Not sure what OP means but my interpretation is a never-ending string of connections of which can be observed, analyzed, mined for insights, and manipulated, forever. Do this for long enough and it gets old. 

Edited by Joshe

I believe the transcendant of thinking is a myth. Every stage has thinking processes suitable to it.

The difference is to my opinion that in Turquoise you are more into the unlimited potential of the moment, unlike the complexly navigated journey thinking of yellow. You still think, but differently.

Edited by Nivsch

Directionality-over-positionality.

yellow intellectualism is so owsome. i dont wanna let it go when i reach turqoise

@Lila9

On 11.9.2024 at 8:34 PM, Lila9 said:

Yes, it’s a phrase I used to express that I empathize with your statement ✨

🙌