manuel bon

Is prostitution okay if legal and regularized?

72 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

I've been used more by regular men who just wanted to get their rocks off by pretense. (That was when I was way younger, naive and didn't know any better)

I get it. 

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

No, everyone knows here that I'm pretty open to this because I don't judge it or myself for doing it. 

It's great that you're so open. Thank you again for sharing.

52 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Obviously we should imprison prostitutes

Why? Everyone can do whatever they want with their body 

@Princess Arabia I am treating being monogamous or not as sexual orientation. It's not about an identity. Like if you are gay, then you are gay.

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Saying people only cheat when they don't live their partner is an assumption. 

Just like everything you/me said, no?

25 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Someone can truly love a person while lusting sexually after another because sex has nothing to do with love. It's just a by-product. You can have sex without love and you can love without sex.

True, but if my girlfriend sleeps with someone else I would be deeply hurt. And I am not able to sleep with someone else. 

I understand your pov, but it's not the same for everyone. 

I would prefer my daughter to work as a prostitute for €100 an hour being independent than in a cafe 12 hours a day for €1,100 a month being a slave. If a girl is smart, she can save 500 thousand in ten years and return to her country of origin as a queen.

If I were from a poor country and had a daughter who had to choose between working in a clothing factory for a salary of misery or go to Europe to earn 10 thousand every month, I would educate her to have a cold mind when it's necessary and know exactly what his position is. Obviously I would prefer my daughter to be a molecular biologist but things are not the way you want them to be.

Edited by Breakingthewall

5 minutes ago, ici said:

@Breakingthewall Shit man, can I hire her? I slap that b

Of course, Life is hard. It's harder to work in a coffee, gain just for the room and food and in a moment you are 40 , have zero in the bank, failed in all relationship like mostly nowadays, pain in the back and knees and zero future. 

In my opinion, it's okay if prostitution is legal and regulated, as long as the woman is making the decision consciously. Though, I don't hold this opinion firmly and I’m open to changing my mind. At the end of the day, it’s her body, and I don't think having sex with a client is harming her. That said, I do find it degrading—I'd rather have my daughter work 12-hour shifts in a factory than have sex with strangers. That being said, people who support an outright ban should be fully aware of the collateral damage that could cause—more desperate men not being able to get sex, which could lead to more harassment and assaults on women.

On 12/09/2024 at 7:13 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Of course, Life is hard. It's harder to work in a coffee, gain just for the room and food and in a moment you are 40 , have zero in the bank, failed in all relationship like mostly nowadays, pain in the back and knees and zero future. 

Kek, she be sucking my cock n shee, good girl :) She gonn ride daddy

2 hours ago, ici said:

Kek, she be sucking my cock n shee, good girl :) She gonn ride daddy

Sure she would Think after : omg, money is good, but some are so pathetic that could be contagious 

Edited by Breakingthewall

I read the comments and here is what my take on it. I am not sure it should be controlled but it should be legal. See once government gets involved, there are bureaucrats that come along with as well as additional taxes and regulation fees and etc. Look I give those people props for doing what they do because that is not an easy task. Imagine they have to be with a guy who day is ugky, unclean, super chubby and etc. Those girls really have to kill their character to do that and then to pay so much fees would not be fair to me. But making it legal and not criminalize would be like a good idea.

I don't think prostitution is inherently unethical assuming it is wholly consensual and safe. The government shouldn't stipulate how legal adults have sex between each other within the realm of consent and that extends to prostitution in my opinion.

I do think prostitution is degrading however. You are selling something that is to many very intimate and personal, although I also think that can be subjective and that the degradation can be a feature in certain ways.

However, I can see prostitution being unethical in the context of poverty when there is a lack of choice as being a prostitute is degrading and exposes you to risks of violence and coercion among other unlike regular jobs. There's a social cost to being a sex worker and when there is a lack of freedom to choose between prostitution and a regular decently paying job due to poverty, prostitution as a job is less than perfectly ethical (because of the risks and social costs). I guess you could argue how much of that degradation is cultural but prostitutes are either way apparently more exposed to violence, harassment and have unequal access to education opportunities, among various things (According to this survey: https://prostitutionresearch.com/quick-facts/). I believe that sex-work can have consequences for your life unlike regular jobs and it is therefor important to ensure that it at least happens ethically (wholly within the realm of consent with the agency to choose a different career independently from poverty). It is a high bar admittedly.

I think the challenge of unethical prostitution is worth tackling but simply banning sex-work as a whole doesn't work. It just goes underground and results in sex workers then having no official channel for protection and recourse. And I don't believe many people in power are strangers to prostitution themselves when all is said and done.

8 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

I read the comments and here is what my take on it. I am not sure it should be controlled but it should be legal. See once government gets involved, there are bureaucrats that come along with as well as additional taxes and regulation fees and etc. Look I give those people props for doing what they do because that is not an easy task. Imagine they have to be with a guy who day is ugky, unclean, super chubby and etc. Those girls really have to kill their character to do that and then to pay so much fees would not be fair to me. But making it legal and not criminalize would be like a good idea.

In Italy, where I'm from it's legal to prostitute yourself, and it's not regularized, it's not controlled by the government. Result: women being forced to prostitute themselves, disgusting brothels where people are exploited, women getting psychologically and psychically hurt (both from the clients and the bosses), and also killed. 

At the end it doesn't matter if it's legal or not, the game changes and it gets better for people's lives and security when it's regularized and controlled. Of course that doesn't mean that underground prostitution fully stops, but it would be better.

On 9/12/2024 at 6:01 PM, Breakingthewall said:

I would prefer my daughter to work as a prostitute for €100 an hour being independent than in a cafe 12 hours a day for €1,100 a month being a slave. If a girl is smart, she can save 500 thousand in ten years and return to her country of origin as a queen.

I wouldn't. How is selling your body and going back to your country with half million smart?

On 9/12/2024 at 6:01 PM, Breakingthewall said:

If I were from a poor country and had a daughter who had to choose between working in a clothing factory for a salary of misery or go to Europe to earn 10 thousand every month, I would educate her to have a cold mind when it's necessary and know exactly what his position is. Obviously I would prefer my daughter to be a molecular biologist but things are not the way you want them to be.

If I'm from a poor country I am deeply traumatized in many ways, and I wouldn't want myself or anyone from my family being traumatized even sexually.

5 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

How is selling your body

When I started to work in when I was 20 i started in kitchen 14h day 6 day per week, I saw the people who was working with me, already 35, 40, and I thought, no way. It's not sell my body, it's sell my life. It depends of how you see it. 

23 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

When I started to work in when I was 20 i started in kitchen 14h day 6 day per week, I saw the people who was working with me, already 35, 40, and I thought, no way. It's not sell my body, it's sell my life. It depends of how you see it. 

Just because you can make more money per hour as a prostitute, it doesn't mean that it's better than working in a kitchen. Maybe for you yes, but not for everyone. There are better ways to make money than working in a kitchen or as a prostitute. And if I would be in a poor country I would prefer being stuck in a kitchen than being stuck in a brothel.

3 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

Just because you can make more money per hour as a prostitute, it doesn't mean that it's better than working in a kitchen. Maybe for you yes, but not for everyone. There are better ways to make money than working in a kitchen or as a prostitute. And if I would be in a poor country I would prefer being stuck in a kitchen than being stuck in a brothel.

It depends of each person. Nobody wants being stuck in a brothel and nobody wants to work 16 h day in a factory in Indonesia for a misery, but that's the reality. The point is if prostitution could be a good work if the conditions are good, independent, not slavery, etc

As long as people aren't forced or trafficked I'm fine with it. The whole social stigma around sex is largely due to cultural/religious creation combined with the fact there are transmitted diseases. If you can do a check for these diseases and certify the cleanliness of the situation why not?  Thing is, just like with regular workers, the woman will do all the work and the corporation she's working for will take the lion's share of the profit, just like with every other corporation out there.

Look at our closest genetic ancestors the bonobos they engage in sex as a form of greeting with one another. There basically is prostitution these days, it's called Tinder.  Do I think people should be sneaking around on their spouses? No, I would rather not associate with liars, but unfortunately it's going to happen, it's wired into our DNA to behave this way. Better to accept our flaws and be candid about how we will behave the suppress and repress our natural urges.  We should definitely be shaming liars though as a way to get them to change their behavior.

Edited by sholomar

Imagine if prostitution was legalised and there was an influx of prostitutes increasing the supply and offsetting the demand by such a margin that having sex becomes so cheap almost free.

They wouldn’t be charging hundreds of dollars anymore. You could bang a chick for five bucks an hour.