Will1125

If everything is an illusion

25 posts in this topic

If everything is an illusion, then illusion is also an illusion since illusion is part of everything.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

6 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

If everything is an illusion, then illusion is also an illusion since illusion is part of everything.

Huh?

Know thyself....

14 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Huh?

If reality = illusion, then illusion = reality, quick maths!

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

7 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

I sucked at Math.

Know thyself....

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

I sucked at Math.

Well, the difference is imaginary and so are we 

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Im reading sadhgurus book on karma and he is saying that people are just ghosts walking around. Basically a ball of energetic memory from the past that keeps thinking its real. Memory is the machine that keeps repeating and memory = karma. He say he get get into states where people are just haze moving around. He say the memory is in the body so you are bound to it while the body is alive. Unless you separate yourself from it in the metaphysical memory.

There is more life out of this planet tho, There is literally an infinite imagination land we all go to in spirit. It will have a story and you can do anything, no one has ever said that or I have never heard it but I know it to be true. Your higher self is there right now pretending to be its lower personality. IMO you are in space right now looking into a ball of light, the earth and pretending you are something in it. There is infinite space around the earth that any other souls can come and watch what they want. Your spirit form is infinite and its unique in the same way. God has infinite souls and infinite personality it can seperate itself infinite times in spirit and each soul can be 100 percent unique.

You do exist just not here ! We are going by Earth logic and Earth spirituality there is infinite different forms God is creating infinite friends in the void you are one of its friends and we can see eachother in the void when we leave this body you have a unique vibration specifically for God to know you its different than any other vibration. If i hit your vibration in the void I will know specifically who it is and specifically your entire identity as we match ours together. You and me could tell eachother through vibrating that we want to play a game together on earth and we are going to log in to specific things close. There are no people its just things shaking on infinite levels. The subtle dimensions of vibrations have just as much or more than the unsubtle vibrations. Dying is just going to very subtle dimensions of vibrations. it will be no different than here we just wont have bodies and therefore anything the body does but we will still exist.

God is real that means you do exist. This isnt God this is a game you are looking at God is running the game. The soul is like a ghost its not there but its there. Aboslute solipsism may be true but there is way more than you think right now and its way cooler! God being real is literally the coolest thing that could happen ever. There is nothing to worry about even worrying wether you are real or not its just Earth logic .

Edited by Hojo

3 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Not quite. What I am suggesting is that even illusion is an illusion. It is a paradox to say that reality is an illusion because it loses its meaning. Is illusion real or is it an illusion? If illusion is real, then saying reality is an illusion has no more valid than saying reality is real. If everything is an illusion, then even illusions are also an illusion. It’s just another form of the liar paradox.

What exactly is an illusion? Something that appears real but isn’t? Well, what if the real illusion is illusion itself? What if appearance is reality? What is A=A? Reality = Reality?

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Huh?

Saying everything is an illusion poses a paradox like the liar paradox. Illusion must be an illusion since it is part of everything.

This is why when Leo says reality is imaginary, it is no more valid than saying reality is real. The same logic works for everything being imaginary. If everything is imaginary, then that means everything being imaginary is also imaginary. Postmoderned yo ass. :D 

Edited by r0ckyreed

2 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Saying everything is an illusion poses a paradox like the liar paradox. Illusion must be an illusion since it is part of everything.

I see; but everything is not an illusion, so that cancels that out.

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I see; but everything is not an illusion, so that cancels that out.

It’s basically still saying the same thing, half full or half empty however you wanna look at it.

What would you say is not an illusion? Illusion? 

Edited by r0ckyreed

1 minute ago, r0ckyreed said:

It’s basically still saying the same thing, half full or half empty however you wanna look at it.

What would you say is not an illusion? Illusion? 

I would say that what appears is illusory, appearances, but not what they are appearing from.

Know thyself....

50 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I would say that what appears is illusory, appearances, but not what they are appearing from.

Right. Everything is Consciousness. Consciousness is not an illusion. Illusion cannot exist without consciousness. 

8 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Right. Everything is Consciousness. Consciousness is not an illusion. Illusion cannot exist without consciousness. 

Consciousness is the illusion. Things appear within your consciousness but that's not where they appear from. If illusion cannot exist without consciousness, then consciousness has to also be illusory. What's not an illusion is prior to consciousness.

Consciousness is the I AM. Your true nature is prior to the I AM.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

What I'm saying is  that if reality as you call it is impermanent and limited (we grow, we live, we die) then there is probably an underlying reality that is infinite and timeless which isnt limited, that means the true realisaiton is beyong ego, the true realisation of the self would be to realise that this reality is an illusion even the self as human (ego) and our true nature is beyond that limited reality, even if this limited reality is the fundamental reality, in terme of pure infinity, it isnt since its not permanent.

The more I think about it and the more it makes sense. 

hindouist call it Brahman or ultimate reality/truth that transcends this world, it exists right there but we are just not aware of it due to the illusion hiding it

Edited by Will1125

21 hours ago, Will1125 said:

So am I ?

Yes you are so am I so is everyone

So cheer up

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

everything might be an illusion you included 

but that everything is an illusion is also just another thought/belief

The mystics say that everything is an illusion because the absolute infinite is immutable, since it's total. If the absolute is that, reality is that, and everything apparent is simply apparent, since reality cannot be absolute and at the same time relative, it is absolute and apparently relative.

Any movement is ultimately circular because it returns to the point of origin, since in infinity it cannot reach anywhere, it has not really moved, that is why everything is cyclical, even if they are cosmic cycles of unimaginable duration, they return to the point of origin. At the end they complete the circle, circles inside circles that seems that are reaching any objetive, but are just apparent movement. 

Since there are no limits, the cycles are infinite, but ultimately they are only appearances that occur in the absolute, which is immutable because it is the totality. That's why it's said that reality is an illusion.

Edited by Breakingthewall

36 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

everything might be an illusion you included 

but that everything is an illusion is also just another thought/belief

I agree. It’s a self-defeating question begging statement because how do you know everything is an illusion? Did you explore everything in the Universe to determine this? It’s so question begging.

11 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Consciousness is the illusion. Things appear within your consciousness but that's not where they appear from. If illusion cannot exist without consciousness, then consciousness has to also be illusory. What's not an illusion is prior to consciousness.

Consciousness is the I AM. Your true nature is prior to the I AM.

I respectfully disagree. Consciousness is the one thing I cannot doubt and cannot be an illusion. I can doubt the contents within consciousness but not consciousness itself. There is nothing prior to I AM. Your true nature is Now. The whole concept of an illusion is occurring with your consciousness, so what does it mean to say that consciousness is an illusion?