Joshe

Kamala-Trump Debate

338 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ted73104 said:

I hope you're right, but I don't think independent voters really care about what type of person Trump is or his crimes of the past. I think they care more about the direction of the future, and although they probably do care about the character of the president, Donald Trump didn't show his bad moral side in this debate.

I think they don't care because they don't know and they don't want to know, but they won't be able to avoid the clips. If you collect the best clips for Trump and Harris and disperse them equally throughout society, I think Kamala wins. 

That said, the right does have a massive propaganda network, so if they're creative enough, they could mitigate this disaster.

Get ready for red herrings and distractions out the ass to cover the cope of this ass whoopin' 

34 minutes ago, Joshe said:

😂So true. 

Also, the fact that there was no crowd, this was a total blow for him because he didn't have an audience to validate his responses. When they all laugh at his attacks or cheer him own, it puts him at ease and thus, less defensive. He didn't know how to act in this setting. 

Also, I noticed when his popularity was attacked, like

• World leaders who laugh at Donald Trump
  • Donald Trump was fired by 81 million people

his eyes went wide as hell. Everytime. So that was interesting. Also, you could see him plotting. He would listen intently for attacks and you could see him nod his head every time he figured out his response to the attack. 

IDK what the hell he was doing with this new "I'm gonna whip you if you don't shut up" tone. 

I actually think from his campaign’s POV, he did fine.

You have to admit that it’s hard to beat devils in a debate. That’s why they’re so devilish.

Kamala also did well though. I think well enough to give her a bit of a boost.

Edited by aurum

Ranting about migrants eating pet cats and dogs was not a good look for Trump. 

2 minutes ago, aurum said:

I actually think from his campaign’s POV, he did fine.

You have to admit that it’s hard to beat devils in a debate. That’s why they’re so devilish.

Kamala also did well though too. I think well enough to give her a bit of a boost.

Oh yeah, from his campaigns POV, he definitely did fine, but I think the overall public will have a different POV. 😂

3 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I jumped out of seat with glee as soon as I heard him say it. 😂I don't think I've ever been that excited by watching a screen.

1 minute ago, Forestluv said:

Not for the average Trump voter.

They love that stuff.

1 hour ago, Joshe said:

Oh yeah, from his campaigns POV, he definitely did fine, but I think the overall public will have a different POV. 😂

Maybe.

I suspect the overall public reaction will lean Kamala. But not by much.

The race is just too close at this point. Neither scored an obvious victory tonight.

Edited by aurum

First debate poll out (CNN)

Harris 63, Trump 37

Edited by Forestluv

14 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

First debate poll out (CNN)

Harris 67, Trump 33

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, aurum said:

Neither scored an obvious victory tonight.

Look beyond "tonight".

By the end of this week, will there be a victor?

C'mon yellow. What's gonna happen with this dynamic system? 

• Will there be equal damage? 
  • Will the there be no damage? 
  • How will the clips and sound bites impact public opinion?
  • What clips and soundbites will be available?
  • How much money will the Harris campaign use to shove those sound bites into the eyes and ears of Americans? 
  • How many more questions can I pull out of my ass? Lots, but no need.

You don't need 100% accurate information. 

The Harris campaign has executed very well and capitalized on every opportunity thus far. 

Do you think they might capitalize on this situation too? Bet your ass they will. Also, it was no mistake Taylor Swift executed after the victory. 

Put it all together man! 

Mark these words: By the end of this week, honest sense-makers will know Kamala was the victor of this debate. 

I've just started watching the debate and Kamal also has a lot of populist answers and dodges uncomfortable questions, in the similar way that Trump does it. Which is a bit disappointing to me.

2 minutes ago, Joshe said:

Mark these words: By the end of this week, honest sense-makers will know Kamala was the victor of this debate. 

We’re not dealing with honest sense-makers.

I do think people will overall feel that Kamala won though. And yes, I’m sure the Harris campaign will capitalize on it to whatever degree they can.

Trump spoke the truth, there is real evidence of illegal aliens eating pets.

Here a picture:

illegal-alien-eating-a-cat-on-tv.jpeg

She was having phone sex the whole time, unbelievable. I thought she was shocked at his Truths

Just now, UnbornTao said:

A (former) senator vs a criminal.

Exactly. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

is worth watching?

or is it just two doofuses arguing and lying?

2 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

Exactly. 

A (former) prosecutor vs a criminal

Edited by Hardkill

12 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

“Stuck” with him?  You are a fool lol

I'm a moderate. I don't visit here that much because I believe most people's leftist beliefs here are rather disconnected from reality.  Personal development is supposed to be about waking up from the dream, in my opinion. I think the one thing neurotypicals do right is simply live their lives without worrying about politics or taking it too seriously. Of course they love drama and love to judge as much as us neurodivergents who frequent internet forums. Everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do, how to live, this and that. The drama of life. :)  I mostly believe in individual self determination, no overbearing nanny state governments micromanaging everything excessively.

Without bias here, I have to say Trump did terribly. She baited him. He took it.  If he loses, it's his base's fault for nominating him, and his fault for not stepping back and letting someone else run. He's clearly a narcissist, but they mostly all are in the political space. Most average people trek on in spite of, and not because of, the people in charge in their respective countries. Power attracts those who seek it... our genetic makeup is not yet suited for a stage green+ utopia where we leave our evolutionary drives behind... our species hasn't evolved enough or been subject to genetic engineering.

Regardless, it seems like more and more the republican party is the party of old angry white men shaking their fist at the sky that society is not the way "it used to be" .... if they aren't willing to adapt and grow with the times they will lose their relevancy which would be bad, because one party rule typically doesn't end well. I prefer gridlock.

I look at both these candidates and say to myself "this is the best they could do? Really?"  Chuckle.

Edited by sholomar