Joshe

Kamala-Trump Debate

338 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Why was he allowed to reply to every single thing and she wasn’t?  Or was it a brilliant trap to let him ramble like a crazy person?

The latter. He's unable to focus on policy and rambles like an insane old jackass, so the more that the public gets reacquainted with Donald Trump, the worse off his chances for reelection are.

Edited by Frylock

1 minute ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Why was he allowed to reply to every single thing and she wasn’t?  Or was it a brilliant trap to let him ramble like a crazy person?

They would not stand up to Trump. He took extra time EVERY round. She was denied her ONE request. 

She was calm throughout the debate. Excellent. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Harris campaign just challenged  Trump to another debate. 

Boss move 

I just wish she didn’t support Israel that much. Israel and Iran indirectly destroyed my home country of Syria 

14 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

They would not stand up to Trump. He took extra time EVERY round. She was denied her ONE request. 

I'm glad it went this way. It benefits her. Think about how hard it will be to say Kamala received preferential treatment. I saw it all happening and was excited as hell. I think ABC knew what they were doing. The fucked him good. 

Edit: I spoke too soon. They're doing it anyway. lol

Edited by Joshe

5 minutes ago, Joshe said:

I'm glad it went this way. It benefits her. Think about how hard it will be to say Kamala received preferential treatment. I saw it all happening and was excited as hell. I think ABC knew what they were doing. The fucked him good. 

Those are good points.

And Trump used his extra time to rant full MAGA. He looked old and seething with intense anger. He grinded his teeth. He couldn’t even look at her. And she stared him down all night. 

And she performed very well. 

Edited by Forestluv

She roasted him on Ukraine. Maybe her best moment.

Trump was Trump. He couldn’t stop yelling about borders, WW3 and blaming the democrats for everything under the sun. More fake election nonsense.

I think overall people will perceive that Kamala won.

Fact-check:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/fact-checking-kamala-harris-donald-trumps-1st-presidential/story?id=113567997

Edited by aurum

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Those are good points.

And Trump used his extra time to rant full MAGA. He looked old and seething with intense anger. He grinded his teeth. He couldn’t even look at her. And she stared him down all night. 

And she performed very well. 

EXACTLY! I did not expect it to go this well. He looked like a mean old asshole yelling at a calm woman and they were letting him do over and over and over.

I'm not a Donald Trump supporter and I hope Kamala Harris will win the election, but I think this is the debate that Donald Trump performed the best by far from any primary debate or presidential debate he did before. Trump did not interrupt Harris from speaking, he was polite, he behaved, he did not call Harris any disgusting nickname (except perhaps border czar). Trump was well trained and he spoke very on point. There were times where maybe he did go off script a bit like persisting his crowds were always the largest and no one left during his rallies, but I think he did very well.

Kamala Harris did not disappoint, for conscious people it is obvious she performed better during the debate. However I think the main point is Trump did not perform badly, and I believe his supporters would think he actually won the debate.

Of course throughout the debate there were lies and question dodging from both side, for example Donald Trump flat out said that when he puts a 20% tariff for all imports, the price would never be paid by the American consumer. When Harris was asked if Trump's tariffs contributed to inflation and then why didn't Biden take out those tariffs, Harris dodged the question entirely. Both candidates were very well prepared and unfortunately I don't think Harris would increase her voter base from this.

I hope independent voters who have yet to decide who to vote for can comment in this thread, would be very interesting to see their opinions.

13 minutes ago, ted73104 said:

Trump did not interrupt Harris from speaking, he was polite, he behaved, he did not call Harris any disgusting nickname (except perhaps border czar). Trump was well trained and he spoke very on point. There were times where maybe he did go off script a bit like persisting his crowds were always the largest and no one left during his rallies, but I think he did very well.

Amazing what a muted microphone will do.

4 minutes ago, aurum said:

Can you imagine how much worse he would've done without a muted microphone?

13 minutes ago, ted73104 said:

I'm not a Donald Trump supporter and I hope Kamala Harris will win the election, but I think this is the debate that Donald Trump performed the best by far from any primary debate or presidential debate he did before. Trump did not interrupt Harris from speaking, he was polite, he behaved, he did not call Harris any disgusting nickname (except perhaps border czar). Trump was well trained and he spoke very on point. There were times where maybe he did go off script a bit like persisting his crowds were always the largest and no one left during his rallies, but I think he did very well.

Kamala Harris did not disappoint, for conscious people it is obvious she performed better during the debate. However I think the main point is Trump did not perform badly, and I believe his supporters would think he actually won the debate.

Of course throughout the debate there were lies and question dodging from both side, for example Donald Trump flat out said that when he puts a 20% tariff for all imports, the price would never be paid by the American consumer. When Harris was asked if Trump's tariffs contributed to inflation and then why didn't Biden take out those tariffs, Harris dodged the question entirely. Both candidates were very well prepared and unfortunately I don't think Harris would increase her voter base from this.

I hope independent voters who have yet to decide who to vote for can comment in this thread, would be very interesting to see their opinions.

No Trump supporters were swayed by Kamala, nor will they be. If you want to assess their performance, you've got the right idea of stepping into the shoes of the uninformed, apolitical, everyday American. 

I can tell you, the majority will not see a "polite" Trump. He will appeal to some, but once the clips and analysis of this debate are done circulating, the majority will have seen an unhinged, angry liar who is desperate to avoid prison time because he tried to steal the last election and some will see a man whose face is synonymous with legislation that stripped women's right away. Those clips will be what does him in. He's cooked. 

Did anyone notice when he almost called the country a company

3 minutes ago, Joshe said:

No Trump supporters were swayed by Kamala, nor will they be. If you want to assess their performance, you've got the right idea of stepping into the shoes of the uninformed, apolitical, everyday American. 

I can tell you, the majority will not see a "polite" Trump. He will appeal to some, but once the clips and analysis of this debate are done circulating, the majority will have seen an unhinged, angry liar who is desperate to avoid prison time because he tried to steal the last election and some will see a man whose face is synonymous with legislation that stripped women's right away. Those clips will be what does him in. He's cooked. 

I hope you're right, but I don't think independent voters really care about what type of person Trump is or his crimes of the past. I think they care more about the direction of the future, and although they probably do care about the character of the president, Donald Trump didn't show his bad moral side in this debate.

20 minutes ago, aurum said:

😂So true. 

Also, the fact that there was no crowd, this was a total blow for him because he didn't have an audience to validate his responses. When they all laugh at his attacks or cheer him own, it puts him at ease and thus, less defensive. He didn't know how to act in this setting. 

Also, I noticed when his popularity was attacked, like

• World leaders who laugh at Donald Trump
  • Donald Trump was fired by 81 million people

his eyes went wide as hell. Everytime. So that was interesting. Also, you could see him plotting. He would listen intently for attacks and you could see him nod his head every time he figured out his response to the attack. 

IDK what the hell he was doing with this new "I'm gonna whip you if you don't shut up" tone. 

Edited by Joshe

7 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Did anyone notice when he almost called the country a company

Lol I caught that!  It slipped out for a second 😂

13 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Can you imagine how much worse he would've done without a muted microphone?

Yeah, just look at all the other debates :D.

I actually think from a Trump campaign POV he didn’t do that bad. He made all his favorite talking points, spoke with conviction and flipped most things said at him. Yeah he lied continuously, but his base doesn’t care.

Devils are great at debating.