Lyubov

How to become a life coach / counselor fully online?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone done this before? I would consider a 1-2 year online program. Anyone done this? I want for it all to be entirely online and for the work to be as well. Any tips?

On 9/10/2024 at 9:27 AM, Lyubov said:

Anyone done this before? I would consider a 1-2 year online program. Anyone done this? I want for it all to be entirely online and for the work to be as well. Any tips?

I think Leo went through IPEC. Have you researched the market? You might wanna do some leg work and come back with more specific questions that people on here with experience can answer. 

Those are two different career paths. Counsellor requires different education and different certification to health coach. Technically you can do both without certification but if you are not trained to work with clients and you still do (which a lot of people do) and something goes wrong, you will be completely unprotected from liability because no insurance will cover you without having a proper training. 

So it starts with a little bit of digging on your part 

• Which way do you want to take it? - what is an interesting career path? 
  • What type of client do you want to work with? 
  • Are there any legal requirements in your country for that? Do you need a degree , certificate? 
  • What are your study options and costs?
    • Are there remote study options abroad that would better match your expectations? 
    • Do they offer clinical training?> 
    • What will be your available scope of practice? Can you actually give advice to a client after completing it? (that usually requires clinical training which not all courses do) 
  • What are the career prospects? 
  • What can and can't you do with that license / degree?

Working remotely is possible and doable. It cuts the costs on needing to lease an office and a variety of small tax expenses but may come across as disadvantage as certain type of people only prefer seeing their therapist in person. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1. Make a website calling yourself a life coach. Use Squarespace or Framer
2. Enroll in a quality course, study endlessly
3. Provide sessions over zoom for free while you're studying, practice what you learn each week
4. Once the course is over, start charging the people you coached for free & keep finding new customers

Done!

Edited by Staples

God and I worked things out