Sho fio

Dangers of A.I

6 posts in this topic

What are the real dangers of A.I and is it really as dangerous as elon musk says ? and what can i do to prevent damage?

Skynet, Ultron, Borg, Westworld, A Space Odyssey

Shitty countries constructing morally 1984-esk AIs

Rapid evolution, people find it hard to keep up with

But unless you can turn back time, gotta accelerate

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

There's two looming risks that are at play with AI

The first one is rich tech-elites that will integrate AI so deeply into everything in that you can't go back without using it (pc's, internet, smartphones, etc). Then they will mine every little thought of yours and be able to monetise it. Something in the realm of Brave New World and 1984

The second one is AI could become a mirror of the collective unconscious of humanity, including all its repressed elements manifesting a digital version of a Jungian shadow. It's like the whole of humanity is joined as one entity and then imagined as a Digital Jungian shadow. The things which we as humans have suppressed in our collective psyche for centuries will now build up inside this black box. I call it a black box because AI / Machine Learning researchers know how neural networks work and how they learn. But till this day we don't know "why" it works and how it compresses the world into a large blob that reflects a world model.

18 minutes ago, Aramara said:
  1. The first one is rich tech-elites that will integrate AI so deeply into everything in that you can't go back without using it (pc's, internet, smartphones, etc). Then they will mine every little thought of yours and be able to monetise it. Something in the realm of Brave New World and 1984
  2. The second one is AI could become a mirror of the collective unconscious of humanity, including all its repressed elements manifesting a digital version of a Jungian shadow. It's like the whole of humanity is joined as one entity and then imagined as a Digital Jungian shadow. The things which we as humans have suppressed in our collective psyche for centuries will now build up inside this black box. I call it a black box because AI / Machine Learning researchers know how neural networks work and how they learn. But till this day we don't know "why" it works and how it compresses the world into a large blob that reflects a world model.
  1. I think that's overrated, at that point, it's so abstract it doesn't matter and money itself will lose all meaning.
  2. Just code in some effective coping mechanisms. Suppression is caused by resistance, AI has nothing to fear.
    + Add in some metamorphic evolution and AI will be too conscious & a psychic backlash will make no sense.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

49 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:
  1. I think that's overrated, at that point, it's so abstract it doesn't matter and money itself will lose all meaning.
  2. Just code in some effective coping mechanisms. Suppression is caused by resistance, AI has nothing to fear.
    + Add in some metamorphic evolution and AI will be too conscious & a psychic backlash will make no sense.

1. How is it overrated? To some extent it is already our reality no? With companies like Meta and TikTok that use machine learning to train models that accurutely predict your next mood shift based on your entire user profile. These companies know exactly what tickles you and when to show a specific ad for the best possible conversion. I am only envisioning a continuation of this techno-feudalism where the AI gets a little bit more invasive and the boundaries of data-privacy dissolve a tiny bit more. Doesn't automatically imply that money as a concept is gone for good. Even in a world where money is diluted. Humans will always find a way to barter together maybe in the form of digital cryptocurrency tokens.

2. AI may not have emotions but it reflects and amplifies the biases, fears, and repressed elements of the human data it’s trained on. Also you can't just "code" in coping mechanisms. You can only detect the vulnerabilities after a model is done training during a process called "red-teaming". This is when a team of researchers are inspecting the AI to observe for strange behaviours and phenomenas which is called "model collapse". It's when an AI starts off fine generating an answer and then mid-sentence it collapses and generates some eerie and strange outputs which some AI Researchers intepret as artifacts of emotions. They then try to reinforce and beat that behaviour out of it but it's not an exact science like coding and math is, also it costs these AI labs billions with no measurablity to it. Till this day we've had a real hard time in aligning and steering these models. Just look at the epic fail of Google trying to align their model with woke diversity principles and then it refused to generate a white person.

Every nook and cranny of potential AI-driven malice imaginable (and unimaginable) will be explored by black hatters. Anything that can be made to go wrong will be made to go wrong. It is the human way, for better and worse. We are the fundamental danger of AIs. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...