Princess Arabia

Do You Think AI Will Cause Humans To Not Think For Themselves

73 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Wtf are you saying?' before the internet you had to be creative to worth something now everyone is worth something by being a fake phony giving you a cheap dopamine hit, because you are too fried to think beyond what you see so it created a generation of depressed weak fragile kids also physicaly handicaped because they havent spent enough time outside for mind to grow.This is all new times problems that wasnt before gay people were before the same amount...

Social media didnt emerge from stage green, pretty much all stages use it. Of course social media is toxic and creates disfunctions but that is because of social media algorithms not really because of any stage. What you find on social media is the lowest consciousness stuff. In stage orange individuals it might be dudes showing off their steroid body, money and beautiful girls they have no connection to. In stage green people it might be fake pity or something idk I am not on social media. 

9 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

before the internet you had to be creative to worth something now everyone is worth something by being a fake phony giving you a cheap dopamine hit, because you are too fried to think beyond what you see so it created a generation of depressed weak fragile kids

So true, but there are always upsides to the downsides. Time will tell. 

Know thyself....

Just now, NoSelfSelf said:

@Keryo Koffa No im not look at the dating section 😂

Fair enough. But ain't that like looking into the slums and calling the entire world disgusting?

You know, the sections are separated by html-walls. Though I can see the Solipsism follow-up coming...

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Just now, Jannes said:

Social media didnt emerge from stage green, pretty much all stages use it. Of course social media is toxic and creates disfunctions but that is because of social media algorithms not really because of any stage. What you find on social media is the lowest consciousness stuff. In stage orange individuals it might be dudes showing off their steroid body, money and beautiful girls they have no connection to. In stage green people it might be fake pity or something idk I am not on social media. 

This proves my point you just mixed 100 things that you read into sentences that make no sense its like im talking to an Ai 😅

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

I have been using AI to help with my contemplation process. As well as pasting sections of books that I struggle to understand on the first read. 

One interesting feature in ChatGPT is memories. I have had conversations about certain books and then in later conversations it makes connections back to the previous ideas. This has led to some deeper insight. What I am afraid of though is the AI feeding into my own bias. This is why it is good to always ask it to offer counter views. 

Honestly, people here are very optimistic about AI it seems. I am not. AI is such a powerful tool. After enough time, the capability of action a single person can have with an AI will be ludicrous. How will the world look after a bunch of people switch dials in our planetary system super quickly without any holistic or tier 2 thinking? Damage unlike anything we’ve ever seen. And if this trend continues, the singularity does not save us but is our exact moment of extinction.

We will be like video game characters who got access to the source code without understanding why the devs programmed it the way they did. Then the game will crash.

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

I'm not in the business of critiquing much. I'd rather observe and ask questions to understand. Critiquing closes the mind, understanding opens it.

I meant you have to use it to understand what it is and then maybe form critique. You can observe it without using it, but that differs from actually using it and understanding it.

Just now, NoSelfSelf said:

This proves my point you just mixed 100 things that you read into sentences that make no sense its like im talking to an Ai 😅

Lol

Know thyself....

Just now, Keryo Koffa said:

Fair enough. But ain't that like looking into the slums and calling the entire world disgusting?

You know, the sections are separated by html-walls. Though I can see the Solipsism follow-up coming...

Im not calling anyone disgusting or judging im just making an observation of the generation.Ofcourse there are people in this generation that do incredible stuff but either way its not personal.

Just now, Nemra said:

I meant you have to use it to understand what it is and then maybe form critique. You can observe it without using it, but that differs from actually using it and understanding it.

You've made the assumption that I haven't used it before. I have. Makes no difference to what my thread is trying to accomplish which is to hear other's opinions/views on the issue posed. My personal usage of AI won't give those results; but thanks for your input.

Know thyself....

Anti-AI people maybe should quit talking and writing.

4 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I thought you critiqued stage green for some reason I am a little overworked it seems. My bad. 

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I think he was referring to stage green being associated with the modern generation's brain rot.
So he's making a counter-argument that all stages suck and social media just exposes it
And since the youngsters use it the most, we're just more exposed to their bs.

3 minutes ago, Jannes said:

People of all spiral dynamic stages fill social media with bs.
If you make your judgments based on social media, then you have a sampling bias.

1 minute ago, Jannes said:

I thought you critiqued stage green for some reason I am a little overworked it seems. My bad. 

No problem stage green is smexy ;)

8 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Im not calling anyone disgusting or judging im just making an observation of the generation.Ofcourse there are people in this generation that do incredible stuff but either way its not personal.

Never said it was, I was just creating a visual metaphor, an example of sampling bias.
You see what you're exposed to, like the vocal minority trying to represent everyone.
Social media innately attracts those kinds of people who seek attention to mass-post.
The green generation is the one most acquainted with technology & overrepresented.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

5 minutes ago, Carbon said:

I have been using AI to help with my contemplation process. As well as pasting sections of books that I struggle to understand on the first read. 

One interesting feature in ChatGPT is memories. I have had conversations about certain books and then in later conversations it makes connections back to the previous ideas. This has led to some deeper insight. What I am afraid of though is the AI feeding into my own bias. This is why it is good to always ask it to offer counter views. 

Honestly, people here are very optimistic about AI it seems. I am not. AI is such a powerful tool. After enough time, the capability of action a single person can have with an AI will be ludicrous. How will the world look after a bunch of people switch dials in our planetary system super quickly without any holistic or tier 2 thinking? Damage unlike anything we’ve ever seen. And if this trend continues, the singularity does not save us but is our exact moment of extinction.

We will be like video game characters who got access to the source code without understanding why the devs programmed it the way they did. Then the game will crash.

Thank you for your view on the matter. Different sides is what I'm interested in hearing; both the positive and negative as you've mentioned. I guess that's with anything, it's just up to us to personally weigh both and use accordingly.

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

The auto-spelling on our phones have already made us lazy in our spelling capabilities. Do you think the repetitive use of AI technology and how we constantly refer to it for answers to numerous issues will cause a relapse in the way we use the mind to solve our independent and collective issues. Do you think it is making us dependent on it or do you think, as does the dictionary, enhance our understanding capabilities if we really absorb the answers it gives us, use it as a reference and not always as an absolute fact and maybe look for other tools as resources for the answers were looking for on a particular subject. 

IOW, don't just rely on it alone, but as an accessory while we still leave room for our own reasoning and logic and contemplative capabilities. I see so many references to AI when questions or inquiries have been put forth; and I think we rely on it too much for the answers we seek, knowing it's just a compilation of information gathered from the web. (At least that's my understanding of how it gets it's information).

Do you think, as with so many modern technologies, make us lose our natural capabilities to think for ourselves especially for those who already have problems in this arena or do you think, if used properly and just as a guide, it will make our thinking capabilities more efficient if we really make use of the answers given by really thinking through the information given and not just regurgitate the answers without fully understanding what's been said or to question some of the answers it gives.

I'm not speaking about the advanced stuff that AI does but just how we use it for answers to everyday questions or as a reference for answers in normal conversations as we do here.

Please don't refer to AI for the answers, you lazy whimp. Lol. Seriously what do you think.

Hm.. AI can not decide for you what Role you play(who you are, your viewpoint); your purpose (what to do and how to get there, and the best actions to take and best actions to remove from your activities); and the things you have (what you want to get/achieve).

In other words, Be, Do, Have. (I will use  the abbreviation ”BDH”)

If your awareness, thoughts and activities are not in alignment with BDH, you are off course. Simple as that.  When that happens, entertainment becomes your heaven and productivity and participation with life becomes your hell. (lol of course that is a trap)

AI… like food, like drugs, like the internet, like YouTube, ect… is either a weapon or a tool for your mind.

Therefore, since most people do not use BDH(and therefore incapable of truly thinking for themselves), A.I. will likely be more harmful than helpful, because it is not used responsibly.

AI will not make the individual happier, more successful, wiser, or more spiritual… that is up to the individual and the individual alone… AI may provide more comforts, but it will not solve our mental problems it will likely create more mental problems LOL!

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

@Carbon You're missing the constant metamorphic evolution of higher models.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

7 minutes ago, Nemra said:

Anti-AI people maybe should quit talking and writing.

No anti AI here. 

Know thyself....

If we can speedrun collective psychology to abolish all jobs and copyright through AI, we could seriously have some fun.