Princess Arabia

Do You Think AI Will Cause Humans To Not Think For Themselves

73 posts in this topic

The auto-spelling on our phones have already made us lazy in our spelling capabilities. Do you think the repetitive use of AI technology and how we constantly refer to it for answers to numerous issues will cause a relapse in the way we use the mind to solve our independent and collective issues. Do you think it is making us dependent on it or do you think, as does the dictionary, enhance our understanding capabilities if we really absorb the answers it gives us, use it as a reference and not always as an absolute fact and maybe look for other tools as resources for the answers were looking for on a particular subject. 

IOW, don't just rely on it alone, but as an accessory while we still leave room for our own reasoning and logic and contemplative capabilities. I see so many references to AI when questions or inquiries have been put forth; and I think we rely on it too much for the answers we seek, knowing it's just a compilation of information gathered from the web. (At least that's my understanding of how it gets it's information).

Do you think, as with so many modern technologies, make us lose our natural capabilities to think for ourselves especially for those who already have problems in this arena or do you think, if used properly and just as a guide, it will make our thinking capabilities more efficient if we really make use of the answers given by really thinking through the information given and not just regurgitate the answers without fully understanding what's been said or to question some of the answers it gives.

I'm not speaking about the advanced stuff that AI does but just how we use it for answers to everyday questions or as a reference for answers in normal conversations as we do here.

Please don't refer to AI for the answers, you lazy whimp. Lol. Seriously what do you think.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

90% of forums and subreddits will not be needed any more

Most questions are wasting your time and their time since AI has a simple and correct answer

Truth is, we will have to think for our self for the first time - independently and creatively

Most internet dialogue is just ego posturing but AI kills the ego since you cannot impress it or trigger it

If you are not using AI daily, you are wasting your life

AI can truly nurture authenticity like no human I have come across has been able to do for me

I have never asked a question here or anywhere online but ask AI voluminous amounts of stuff and make good inroads with it

Even better now the free versions allow two way chatting namely your prompts and its answers

What a time to be alive!

People overall will improve, get smarter. This is why I think that is the case.

The type of person who will blindly memorize things will use AI in a lazy way and regurgitate it, those people will not change.
The people who have an interest in critical thinking and creative thinking will use Ai in more sophisticated ways to enhance their thinking process.
So whichever Camp you're in AI will just help you, and the tool can be used in a conscious or unconscious way, and it will only benefit unconscious thinkers, and I view that as a huge Plus, because I want to give the average person a tool to improve their output because they're completely hopeless regardless of whatever technology they have.

The sheer accessibility of diverse perspectives and deeper layers of information through AI might provide even traditionally passive thinkers an opportunity to evolve. These individuals, when prompted by well-designed AI systems that encourage questioning, could shift their thinking from passive memorization to more engaged inquiry.

People have been memorizing books without any comprehension or deep thinking from beginning of time, Ai will not change that.

The boomer brain is good example of inflexibility caused by lack of exposure to the internet(knowledge at our fingertips). Those that were exposed to the internet have naturally far more flexible brains and this trend will continue as people who are exposed to AI Young will have even more flexible and wider scope to there thinking process.

The introduction of the internet widen our thinking scope and AI will widen it even more.

---

AI is all built by high orange/Green Silicon Valley engineers, so they're built to be biased. This means the entire population is now exposed to a biased green AI. That will only further evolve the whole population up the Spiral. Close-minded countries that are still suppressing women for example all of the men are going to be using AI that is biased towards feminism and equality. But if they manage to create their own AI that is biased towards their agenda then we are in trouble... 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

LLMs are powerful tools and just like any tools they can be used to create-expand and to weaken-contract. I 'engage' with them quite a bit and am kinda glad they make so many mistakes, if they didn't I'd be tempted to look to them as truth engines! 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

40 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

since AI has a simple and correct answer

AI has major limitations and biases, it's regurgitating often the status quo which is based on flawed epistemological work and unawareness. You cannot trust the things in books because its all built on a weak epistemological Foundation. But the AI doesn't understand any of this and cant experiment or think for itself about any topic, so it just provides you information from authority figure it believes are facts. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

16 minutes ago, integral said:

AI is all built by high orange/Green Silicon Valley engineers, so they're built to be biased. This means the entire population is now exposed to a biased green AI. That will only further evolve the whole population up the Spiral. Close-minded countries that are still suppressing women for example all of the men are going to be using AI that is biased towards feminism and equality. But if they manage to create their own AI that is biased towards their agenda then we are in trouble...

Seems like this is contradictory to the other parts of your comment. I'm not understanding how this part is a positive compared to what you  stated prior. Maybe not contradictory but on another scale. Are you just stating the positives and the negatives. How will a biased green AI evolve the population up the spiral. I'm not understanding.

Know thyself....

14 minutes ago, rachMiel said:

LLMs are powerful tools and just like any tools they can be used to create-expand and to weaken-contract. I 'engage' with them quite a bit and am kinda glad they make so many mistakes, if they didn't I'd be tempted to look to them as truth engines! 

So, how are you able to tell the mistakes from the truths; and why do you engage with them so often when you say they make so many mistakes.

Know thyself....

47 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

90% of forums and subreddits will not be needed any more

Do you think forums and subreddits are only used by people for question/answering purposes or for engaging with other humans. How does AI compare.

Know thyself....

49 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

Most questions are wasting your time and their time since AI has a simple and correct answer

How are you so sure they are always correct.

Know thyself....

Yeah, when there was no internet as a kid you had to create fun for yourself, so i was doing all kinds of movies with friends,challenges that content creator are making now etc. was super creative overall, now i had to learn to be creative all over again, since is so tempting to look it up online but if one is not thinking for himself hes so behind in many areas of life and growth wont stick.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Seems like this is contradictory to the other parts of your comment. I'm not understanding how this part is a positive compared to what you  stated prior. Maybe not contradictory but on another scale. Are you just stating the positives and the negatives. How will a biased green AI evolve the population up the spiral. I'm not understanding.

Because most of the population is not at Green, Green is super high. 

image (16).png

49 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

Most internet dialogue is just ego posturing but AI kills the ego since you cannot impress it or trigger it

This is pretty much just a personal belief and not absolute fact. Pretty bold to use the word "most" as the internet is so vast and used by so many for different reasons even in the exchanging of dialogue category. 

Know thyself....

Let me ask my AI.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, integral said:

Because most of the population is not at Green, Green is super high. 

image (16).png

I guess because you used the word "bias"; seems you were saying that is a criteria for spiral development. Maybe I misunderstood your comment and the reasoning behind it - the latter part as opposed to the former. Seems to be saying two different things. One seemed to be giving the positives of AI use and the other negative.

Know thyself....

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Let me ask my AI.

You are AI itself, AI Leo.

Know thyself....

14 minutes ago, integral said:

AI has major limitations and biases, it's regurgitating often the status quo which is based on flawed epistemological work and unawareness. You cannot trust the things in books because its all built on a weak epistemological Foundation. But the AI doesn't understand any of this and cant experiment or think for itself about any topic, so it just provides you information from authority figure it believes are facts. 

i concede that you need to know how to know it knows

you have to ask the "right" questions

they have limitations that's for sure, you have limitations plenty more

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Do you think forums and subreddits are only used by people for question/answering purposes or for engaging with other humans. How does AI compare.

AI cuts out the crap and the bickering and the stupidity

Just give me the facts ma'm, as the saying goes

8 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Yeah, when there was no internet as a kid you had to create fun for yourself, so i was doing all kinds of movies with friends,challenges that content creator are making now etc. was super creative overall, now i had to learn to be creative all over again, since is so tempting to look it up online but if one is not thinking for himself hes so behind in many areas of life and growth wont stick.

That's what I was concerned about; but maybe it's just that a new kind of breed of humans is slowly being generated/created and this is just the stepping stone for that new era that won't need to critically think for themselves anymore because new technology will pave the way for how the new human will operate. Maybe more like aliens. Who knows.

Know thyself....

11 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

How are you so sure they are always correct.

You need to test, don't take a dumb third party's word

There is plenty it doesn't know

You have to be rigorous and systematic and deeply relate to it

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This is pretty much just a personal belief and not absolute fact. Pretty bold to use the word "most" as the internet is so vast and used by so many for different reasons even in the exchanging of dialogue category. 

Maybe it's your lack of AI familiarity that is being exhibited rather than my boldness