SageMind

Neti-neti does not convince me

12 posts in this topic

Doing the neti-neti meditation feels like I´m brainwashing myself to not being identified with my body, I feel i´m just practicing it as a belief and not as a realization. How can I realize it as a truth?

Neti neti is not about programming yourself with a belief. It's more like a meditation where you detach yourself from any form as your identity.

For neti neti to be effective you gotta do it in an intense, meditation retreat-like setting.

If you do it intensely enough you should have an awakening event. This event is not a belief or concept or idea or conclusion.

Hold no images in your mind of what you are.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura you think you can get an awakening experience with the guided neti neti you posted years ago? 

You are not supposed to just tell yourself you are not something. You need to observe what you think you are enough that you get how you can't be it. You detach from it. It's very logical.

I did it for about 6-7 hours straight and that got me to no-self. It definitely works.

@SageMind Which type of neti-neti are you doing?

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

8 hours ago, manuel bon said:

@Leo Gura you think you can get an awakening experience with the guided neti neti you posted years ago? 

Sure, but you should learn to do it independently of my video. You don't want to limit yourself by my words.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, but you should learn to do it independently of my video. You don't want to limit yourself by my words.

I understand and I agree. Sometimes though I manage to focus better on somebody's words cause it's something external...and without that it's easier for my mind to wonder. Of course it's not always like that, some days my meditation is a shit, any way I do it, guided, not guided, with or without music...

@manuel bon You can record your own guided audio.

I need to start practicing this soon. At least you convinced me. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Its a Realization, like when You go from being a Child to Puberty, and then from Puberty to Adulthood, its just comes as a Realization, a Fundamental Shift in Your Perception has taken place, saying words over and over again in your mind is not meditation or a spiritual practice, its only helps in the beginning, to get it intellectually, but in the end it has to be a Experiential thing, it just happens over time, you can't make it happen which the Intellect luvs to do..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru