Rishabh R

Sadness cured .

20 posts in this topic

I was feeling sad , angry , was jealous and suffering for a few days due to not a having a girlfriend and my friends having girlfriends. I then after filling the shadow work worksheet from a different course(sorry @Leo Gura )started accepting the negative emotions and it went away . So they key with negative emotions and thoughts is to accept them due to which conunterintutively they lose their power over you.

Edited by Rishabh R

How did you learn to accept them?

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

Also, what course was it pls?

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

@Ulax I learned to accept it by switching my mindset from that course which I took 1 and a half year ago. Need the permission of @Leo Gura to tell about the course as it is a different community and school.

4 hours ago, Rishabh R said:

I was feeling sad , angry , was jealous and suffering for a few days due to not a having a girlfriend and my friends having girlfriends. I then after filling the shadow work worksheet from a different course(sorry @Leo Gura )started accepting the negative emotions and it went away . So they key with negative emotions and thoughts is to accept them due to which conunterintutively they lose their power over you.

Nice. I keep telling people, especially on here, that it's the thoughts they're battling with. I personally have noticed this within myself in the past and have seen the difference. When I speak like I do, in this regard and context, it's from personal experience and not just what i've heard and parroting. I'm living this shit. I think it was just recently I said to someone about how they give those thoughts power but I was ignored maybe because it wasn't what they wanted to hear - which, ironically, is also a useless thought of mine to be believing that, but it's OK because at least i'm aware of it and awareness is curative.

Know thyself....

5 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@Princess Arabia yeah it's counterintuitive .  Changing thoughts vs accepting them.

We are thinking our lives away. I'm happy for you. Now, use the same strategy in all areas and only pay attention to the thoughts that are serving you and what you'll like to achieve. That's how we use the mind instead of letting the mind use us. It's not easy, but practice, practice, practice until it becomes embedded within the subconscious and a way of being without effort.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@Princess Arabia  thanks . I am trying to do it.

👍but say, DONE. This way you're not embedding an attitude of trying. Just showing how the mind works even though I understand fully what you meant. The mind will just keep finding ways of just trying instead of getting the job done. It's very tricky.

Know thyself....

👍 Done. Now onwards acceptance of my jealousy , anger and all negative emotions including suffering.

Just now, Rishabh R said:

👍 Done. Now onwards acceptance of my jealousy , anger and all negative emotions including suffering.

If you want me to keep going, I'll even say to not call it "my jealousy", that's ownership; and the egoic mind identity hates to lose it's possessions. Don't own that jealousy. It's just energy that we've labelled as jealousy and it needs no ownership, that's why you were in that position to begin with. Food for thought. 

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia ok but ownership of emotions such as taking responsibility is also threatening to the ego which leads to all sorts of problems. 

10 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@Princess Arabia ok but ownership of emotions such as taking responsibility is also threatening to the ego which leads to all sorts of problems. 

10 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

What I'm saying is emotions are energies in motion and need some flow and somewhere to go. If you take ownership of them by saying "my jealousy", "my sadness", etcetc they become like leeches and stick to you. They need to be, as you've done through coaching, let go of and not owned as yours. Even if your intent is not to own them, repetitively saying "my" will make the process harder and will leave the subconscious confused as to how to direct that energy because it believes it's yours and it's not in the business of losing things but to accept everything it is told as true, which happens through repetition and conviction. So eliminating the word "my" from these emotions will not make these emotions stick as much and will allow for a smoother transition when trying to heal.

16 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, Rishabh R said:

@Ulax I learned to accept it by switching my mindset from that course which I took 1 and a half year ago. Need the permission of @Leo Gura to tell about the course as it is a different community and school.

You’re allowed to recommend other teachers 

@Raze ok .As long as it doesn't lead to leeching of audience. @Ulax Cole Hasting's Ultimate Self Mastery Course. He is a youtuber . You can type Cole Hastings on Google and get the info.

Edited by Rishabh R

@Rishabh R which course is it?

@Princess Arabia I agree with the fact that these emotions come from thought, but one question:

if I wake up for example being sad, it happens without me having sad thoughts, I wake up and immediately meditate 20min, then start with my work. I don't have specifically sad thoughts, I think on what I have to do, but still my baseline mood is sad. Why is that? Is it because I'm not letting myself feel fully the emotion? How can I do that but still work, study, and do the things I have to do? 

Sometimes though when I have more time and I let myself fully feel the "negative" emotions they don't come out. I just feel the baseline sadness, but I can't fully feel it to then let it go.

12 hours ago, manuel bon said:

@Rishabh R which course is it?

@Princess Arabia I agree with the fact that these emotions come from thought, but one question:

if I wake up for example being sad, it happens without me having sad thoughts, I wake up and immediately meditate 20min, then start with my work. I don't have specifically sad thoughts, I think on what I have to do, but still my baseline mood is sad. Why is that? Is it because I'm not letting myself feel fully the emotion? How can I do that but still work, study, and do the things I have to do? 

Sometimes though when I have more time and I let myself fully feel the "negative" emotions they don't come out. I just feel the baseline sadness, but I can't fully feel it to then let it go.

Unless there is no mind at all (which I doubt), you're having some thought or another. Next time it happens, observe the thought that's passing through. I don't really know how to answer that if you're saying you feel sad without thought. There's usually an emotion there that corresponds to a particular thought. 

Know thyself....

51 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Unless there is no mind at all (which I doubt), you're having some thought or another. Next time it happens, observe the thought that's passing through. I don't really know how to answer that if you're saying you feel sad without thought. There's usually an emotion there that corresponds to a particular thought. 

Yeah I agree that's why I asked that question. I imagine there some underlying unconscious thought about some things that make me feel sad.