Husseinisdoingfine

[SERIOUS] Suicidal due to academic situation. | I have a note and rope ready.

178 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura My former major was in Physics, not Engineering. 

BTW I was able to get a B in Physics I, its Calculus and Mathematics I have a problem with. 

But I feel as if only I had done [blank] I would have passed. I can't seem to do the bare minimum to succeed. I don't pay attention in class, and I use ChatGPT to study, which turned out to be a mistake. If I had visited the professor's Office hours, and the supplemental instruction centers, during the summer session, then I would not be in this situation.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I understand, but don't dismiss the ones that got fucked up mentally because they weren't ready. The End. ❤️

Understood, but If I'm about to jump, please offer me LSD instead of lifelong therapy sessions on psych medication 💗

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

2 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

My former major was in Physics, not Engineering. 

BTW I was able to get a B in Physics I, its Calculus and Mathematics I have a problem with. 

But I feel as if only I had done [blank] I would have passed. I can't seem to do the bare minimum to succeed. I don't pay attention in class, and I use ChatGPT to study, which turned out to be a mistake. If I had visited the professor's Office hours, and the supplemental instruction centers, during the summer session, then I would not be in this situation.

In that case, maybe it's time for shadow work.

Care to tell us why you didn't go in the summer?

I'm sure we can get to the core of it then

2 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Understood, but If I'm about to jump, please offer me LSD instead of lifelong therapy sessions on psych medication 💗

Ok I'll throw it in the other direction from where you're gonna jump and then grab it and you till the psych ward comes.😜

Know thyself....

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Ok I'll throw it in the other direction from where you're gonna jump and then grab it and you till the psych ward comes.😜

Oh, it's gonna be fun, once they hear about the wacky acid girl that "prompted me to jump", we're gonna be roommates! 😜

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Quit academia and start a real life. That's your answer. You instantly feel better.

Are you suggesting that I drop out of college? I'm 22 years old living with my parents, and I need some trajectory with my life. If I quit academia, which I can only assume means drop out, will I be just living with my parents teaching myself to code and working some minimum wage job?

"Don't worry Mom, I might not be in school, but I'm working on my Life Purpose! I'll be successful in no time".

Without a college degree, how will I get a job? Maybe I can teach myself skillz while getting a B.A. in Sociology.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

This is not, and I repeat, not for people who suffer from serious mental issues. Stop pushing this on those who threaten what he has threatened. Maybe an ayahuasca ceremony or mindfulness meditation or something like that but psychedelics might not be a good idea in his frame of mind.

I agree

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

@Husseinisdoingfine, do your parents understand you most of the time? If yes, then why is it hard for you to ask their help if you can't or don't want to do it alone?

You have said in one of your previous posts that you want to prove to your ego that you can continue. What is this but a delusion, as you clearly see that it's not going the way you thought.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.

– anonymous 

Sending you love brother❤️

I also dislike my degree. In fact, I wished I was stupid enough so that they would have kicked me out long time ago to pursue a major that suited me like psychology or philosophy. I was intelligent enough to pass which made me complacent to long suffering and heart breaking inner dissonance. I many times wished I would have failed before so that I would have been forced to take a path aligned with my strengths and values. So you had the blessing I asked for. Take advantage of it. This is a gift in disguise, may you see it as an opportunity!

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.

Don't fall into the sunk cost fallacy. A retreat in time is a victory.

You are one decision away of living a more fulfilling life.

Lots of Love brother ❤️ 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

1 minute ago, Davino said:

Sending you love brother❤️

I also dislike my degree. In fact, I wished I was stupid enough so that they would have kicked me out long time ago to pursue a major that suited me like psychology or philosophy. I was intelligent enough to pass which made me complacent to long suffering and heart breaking inner dissonance. I many times wished I would have failed before so that I would have been forced to take a path aligned with my strengths and values. So you had the blessing I asked for. Take advantage of it. This is a gift in disguise, may you see it as an opportunity!

Don't fall into the sunk cost fallacy. A retreat in time is a victory.

You are one decision away of living a more fulfilling life.

Lots of Love brother ❤️ 

❤️❤️

Know thyself....

15 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Are you suggesting that I drop out of college? I'm 22 years old living with my parents, and I need some trajectory with my life. If I quit academia, which I can only assume means drop out, will I be just living with my parents teaching myself to code and working some minimum wage job?

"Don't worry Mom, I might not be in school, but I'm working on my Life Purpose! I'll be successful in no time".

Without a college degree, how will I get a job? Maybe I can teach myself skillz while getting a B.A. in Sociology.

People don't care about college degrees as much as you think. 

Find courses that interest you and dive deeper into them. MIT OpenCourseWare is a good start: https://ocw.mit.edu/. It offers the best classes in the world for free. 

All will be fine. 

I hear you, man, but I need you to listen to me straight-up. You've been hit hard, and the frustration and despair are real—I get it. But this situation isn't the end, no matter how much it feels like it right now. The fact is, you've faced a massive wall, and you're crushed because you care. You had a vision for your life, and right now it seems like it’s fallen apart. But let’s get something straight: this isn’t about your intelligence or your worth. You’ve been knocked down by some setbacks—calculus didn’t click, maybe you’ve got a mental block with calculations. That sucks, but it doesn’t define you. It's a problem to be solved, not a verdict on your future.

Suicide? No. Absolutely not. That's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and you'd be cutting off the possibility of figuring this out. Maybe physics isn't where your talents lie, maybe it is, but one class isn't the measure of your potential. The rope? Throw it out. There are people who want to help, even if it feels like you’re all alone. You need to reach out to a counselor, talk to someone about this crushing weight you’re feeling, because it’s lying to you.

And let’s talk about sociology. Yeah, it’s not as glamorous as physics in terms of earning potential, but it’s not worthless. It’s another path, and if you're passionate about it, you can carve a niche where you’ll thrive. Passion plus hustle beats anything. And even if sociology isn't where you land long-term, it’s not the end. Your degree doesn’t define your entire future either. - I have a bachelors in sociology and I'm happy with it. But still I knew the job opportunities were limited, so I stacked on with other courses like psychology, neuropsychology, pedagogy and other stuff that I could tie into my life purpose. And now after a long route I finally have a really great job that I love, within the field I want to work in. So its not hopeless!!

Here’s the real talk: You’ve hit a setback. A big one. But it’s not game over. You’re still breathing, which means you still have options. You have to dig deep, get the support you need, and live to fight another day. This world needs you in it, whether you see it right now or not.

- Enter your fear and you are free -

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura My former major was in Physics, not Engineering. 

You would still be in this situation because you are in the wrong line of work.

All you have to do is let go of your pigheaded ideas about what your line of work should be.

You are simply lacking openmindedness. An amazing career could be right around the corner for you, but your mind is so closed and stubborn that you will not even look at it.

This is why I teach radical openmindedness. And you have still not learned that lesson. You have gotten so stuck inside your own mind that you bought a rope to kill yourself. That's what closedmindedness leads to. And the solution is to simply open your mind to new perspectives.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Husseinisdoingfine I know it’s tough. I completely understand the feeling you are going through. The feeling of being drained out, the feeling that you may not make it out of college, it’s a tough feeling. Trust me, I’ve been there, it’s this constant anxiety of falling behind. But just know that your worth and value as a human is not based on whether you do your calculus properly or not. Your worth are your values. As long as you are a good person at heart, you are not a failure. There are people in this lifetime you love you. You have a forum full of conscious individuals who support you and your growth. You are not alone, we are here. School is just one part of life. At the end of the day, we all can grow, from an average joe to someone with 10 PHDs. You can grow. You are young and you have a lot of potential. You are on this forum at such a young age, you definitely have HUGE potential. Just trust yourself, and take now as a challenge, it’s okay if you fail, it’s fine and you will love yourself, but try the challenge. You will kill it in life! 

@Husseinisdoingfine Go cut your rope into pieces and throw it away.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Husseinisdoingfine you are in the university bubble. It looks important from the inside but it really is unimportant from the outside.

I have two degrees. I thought every grade would be important. I was so naive. And no one cares about my two degrees, I wasted years of my life.

There is a whole world outside of this little university stuff.

Edited by OBEler

@Husseinisdoingfine Big bro, I failed 1st year uni now, there's a lot of people that change their majors. I am also somewhat depressed at my lacklustre results trust me, but I don't think you should throw your life away. Imagine if you followed sociology or some other thing and life becomes amazing. 

Like bro, I am very stubborn aswell, but your whole life bro, all that potential you may have bro. We in this together, lets make something off our lives innit. You articulate yourself well man, I think its clear your smart enough to be achieve success. I am almost certain you are capable.

It's fine, relax and reconsider your career path. You can simply switch to a different path and let go of your old expectations. That, or transform the way you approach your study so that better results can be achieved.

Edited by UnbornTao

Is watching the radical open mindedness video a good fit for what I'm dealing with right now?

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine