Loveeee

Forgetting to breathe in higher states of consciousness ?

27 posts in this topic

Is that a thing ? 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

That can be your worst nightmare or the biggest miracle ever: You decide

For certain higher states, yes 100%. As you approach the unconscious/superconscious level, your autonomic nervous system will naturally react to the lesser need for oxygen. It's similar to the decreased need for respiration that occurs throughout the process of sleep, only it can be much more pronounced and abrupt when you quickly go deep in meditation, or when you take a powerful psychedelic that forces you in that direction. For example, many of us have felt the breathing reflex stop on high doses of 5-MeO-DMT.

Did you experience it? What's the context?

11 hours ago, What Am I said:

For certain higher states, yes 100%. As you approach the unconscious/superconscious level, your autonomic nervous system will naturally react to the lesser need for oxygen. It's similar to the decreased need for respiration that occurs throughout the process of sleep, only it can be much more pronounced and abrupt when you quickly go deep in meditation, or when you take a powerful psychedelic that forces you in that direction. For example, many of us have felt the breathing reflex stop on high doses of 5-MeO-DMT.

Did you experience it? What's the context?

During my last trip I felt so content at one point and thought whatever happens makes no difference I don't have to do anything

It felt very good but also very still and in that stillness I realized I wasn't breathing and proceeded to breathe manually for a sec, it didn't scare me in fact I grinned like "right let's pretend to breathe"

Maybe I was breathing faintly and/or unconsciously, or maybe it's just a fear that bubbled up as I already heard 5-MeO breath-stop stories in the past

12 hours ago, Yimpa said:

That can be your worst nightmare or the biggest miracle ever: You decide

It feels miraculous but people die from 5-MeO and I was wondering if breath-stop was a cause

13 hours ago, Loveeee said:

Is that a thing ? 

In higher states of consciousness there is no breathing  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

In my experience meditation is serenity to silence to stillness

Nothing moves, and that's body included

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

To me it happened a few times, suddenly stopped breathing and you notice that you're not in the body. Beautiful thing.

4 minutes ago, Vibes said:

To me it happened a few times, suddenly stopped breathing and you notice that you're not in the body. Beautiful thing.

If you stopped believing you were human right now you wouldn't be.  The problem is that the human has it's claws in deep. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Loveeee said:

During my last trip I felt so content at one point and thought whatever happens makes no difference I don't have to do anything

It felt very good but also very still and in that stillness I realized I wasn't breathing and proceeded to breathe manually for a sec, it didn't scare me in fact I grinned like "right let's pretend to breathe"

Maybe I was breathing faintly and/or unconsciously, or maybe it's just a fear that bubbled up as I already heard 5-MeO breath-stop stories in the past

Very cool, that feeling of contented indifference is likely a taste of the profound meditative equanimity described in Eastern religions. Like I mentioned once before, it appears you have a natural inclination towards the required skills of meditation. Funnily enough, what you're describing relates very much back to your previous thread regarding states of consciousness where white light is perceived.

So here's the esoteric theory: As you approach the superconscious state, it's as if a valve is progressively opened that allows more and more spiritual energy to flood your system. Since this energy could be considered the essence of vitality itself, there's less need for the usual physiological functions that maintain your life, so breathing and heart rate can slow to a crawl. In all likelihood, this is the true reason that sleep is a requirement for restoration, as sleep can be considered unconscious meditation, and meditation can be considered conscious sleep.

When a certain threshold of depth is reached, a very special event called kundalini is triggered. An explosion of energy occurs at the base of your spine and shoots upward to your brain. Kundalini could be thought of as a type of built-in spiritual purification and transformation mechanism, similar to the alchemists' notion of changing lead into gold. Your energetic physiology is saturated and cleansed of its residue, of which would have a close relationship to the accumulated traumas and the false sense of self that are created over a lifetime. Like echoes of the "past" that lessen your awareness of consciousness in the eternal present.

All of this is extremely palpable in the moments it's occurring, but what really stands out is the state of consciousness produced as kundalini reaches your brain. The bridge is greatly widened between our existence as seemingly independent beings and the infinite energetic source of all things. This is where the discussion involving white light comes in, and the divine reality it represents. A full blooming of this state involves a radical shift in identity to an unfathomable degree, and all sense of individuality fades into a nondual realization. I posted a few reports in the other thread that offer more poetic and detailed descriptions. The transformation in consciousness that can be initiated from repeated full experiences of this type, if integrated, understood, and utilized properly, is on the level of actual enlightenment. A true revelation of reality.

Well, that was quite a bit, sorry lol. But since you recently started two threads that drew in my attention with recognizable signs of this type of progress, I figured I'd fill in a few gaps. Hopefully it's more helpful than confusing.

Here's another cool description. This whole documentary is amazing, but the relevant section is about 2 minutes long from where the video starts.

It feels miraculous but people die from 5-MeO and I was wondering if breath-stop was a cause

I think there is some slight variation in the 5meo experience as compared to a natural inducing of nirvikalpa samadhi via meditation and kundalini activation. For one, 5meo seems to be able to stop your breathing while simultaneously increasing your heart rate. I can imagine a scenario where this would burn through your stored oxygen supply and cause suffocation, despite the fact that this should usually be protected against in samadhi. I guess if you ever get into 5meo, start the dose low and slowly increase as you feel comfortable. I've personally used it at least a hundred times without major issue.

@What Am I  Have you experienced kundalini ? What about you @Leo Gura ? I've always wondered what there was to it if anything, a dozen times if my life while sleeping I've had insane bursts of pleasurable energy that felt like I was gonna die, I still wonder if it's kundalini or just sleep paralysis 

Since realizing infinity I tend to dismiss finite systems like chakras and kundalini even more, but actually systems are still useful distinctions and I would love to learn there's in fact some (relative) truth to these

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

This whole documentary is amazing

I love these documentaries and watched them all, the first one countless times when I started my journey, I had no idea 

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

I've personally used it at least a hundred times without major issue.

! Here I am with a dozen acid trips, fear slowed me down so much but this should change as I believe I'm awakening to Love 

yes ...when you take drugs] 

you forgot the last part of the phrase.

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

yes ...when you take drugs] 

you forgot the last part of the phrase.

What phrase 😉

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

30 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

@What Am I  Have you experienced kundalini ? What about you @Leo Gura ? I've always wondered what there was to it if anything, a dozen times if my life while sleeping I've had insane bursts of pleasurable energy that felt like I was gonna die, I still wonder if it's kundalini or just sleep paralysis 

Since realizing infinity I tend to dismiss finite systems like chakras and kundalini even more, but actually systems are still useful distinctions and I would love to learn there's in fact some (relative) truth to these

I love these documentaries and watched them all, the first one countless times when I started my journey, I had no idea 

! Here I am with a dozen acid trips, fear slowed me down so much but this should change as I believe I'm awakening to Love 

Kundalini is awakening.  It can't even be described so I don't bother but it's just Pure Being.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

What phrase 😉

I mean the title of the OP "Forgetting to breathe in higher states of consciousness"

Altough now that i remember i have to say sometimes when i have done bandhas in the Kriya transmitted by sadhguru (Shamabhi), sometimes truly forgets the feeling of "needing" to Breath.

In fact i suspect one of the ways of leaving the body could easily be that step...if once truly intensely merges with the void in that moment... Thoughts of fear of not Breathing might be completely eliminated.

But again supposedly sadhguru has transmitted the Shamabhi in a way that is limited and It prevents you to leave the body by doing sadhana. You have to ask for him to put you in a certain special process and then this limitation Will be eliminated for you so you can leave the body whole doing sadhana. Because other time he said Shamabhi has the possibility for mahasamadhi if one is determined enough.

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

@Javfly33 Shambho!

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

40 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

@What Am I  Have you experienced kundalini ?

I have, it's been an essential highlight of my journey. The first time was almost 20 years ago when smoking weed in my backyard. I had recently become aware of spirituality being real, and I was trying to see if a weed high could assist in reaching altered states. With a strong effort in concentration, and the freedom of mind afforded by being high, I was able to get to a point where colored lights filled my vision. And then a sensation appeared at the base of my spine and shot upwards, with various vertebrae cracking on the way up. I experienced a subtle shift in consciousness, but this was nothing like a full kundalini activation. There was no nondual realization or extreme expansion of consciousness, and the sensation of energy was much weaker.

At the time it occurred, I was completely ignorant of kundalini or any other spiritual mechanisms. After some research, I realized I'm not the only person to whom this has happened, and history is littered with references to kundalini, with the information in both literal and symbolic forms. I've since come to understand that first experience was probably a separate-but-related phenomenon called pranotthana, which is like an energetic clearing and preparation for the real thing.

There was a bit of a lull for many years where I kept note of the experience but wasn't able to reproduce it, even though I had many other spiritual experiences of different types during that period. But then I got my hands on 5-MeO-DMT. This stuff is a ticket to kundalini like no other. Even in my first few times using it, I had major energetic sensations the likes of which I'd never seen before. A type of bioelectromagnetic sensation that rushes through the system and makes drastic changes along the way. I'd be affected for up to a week after trips, being forcefully pulled into the eternal present. These after effects may sound awesome, but it was actually quite uncomfortable due to their forceful and erratic nature. The 5meo community refers to them as "reactivations", but from my own experience as well as others in the know, I believe I was experiencing what's called "kundalini syndrome", which is basically the results of a flooding of energy on an energetic system which has atrophied from a lifetime of nonuse. Interestingly, I'm pretty confident this same phenomenon is related to "LSD flashbacks", since 5meo and LSD are the two psychedelics most likely to lead to white light kundalini activation experiences. 5-MeO-MALT probably falls into this category as well, but I don't have enough experience with it to know for sure.

Thankfully, my system slowly started adapting, and the undesirable after effects tapered off after around 6 months of weekly use. As they did, a new type of desirable after effect began where consciousness of my body and energetic system rose to prominence in my awareness, and my sense of self became a more fuzzy prospect to where I'd have flashes of unification with whatever was being observed in consciousness. We usually live trapped in our heads, so to speak, with our minds and imagination taking up all of our awareness. It leaves us closed off to a living vitality that's always with us, but usually just beyond the scope of our attention. In spiritual jargon, this raw sensation would be a doorway to presence and being. It sticks with me now even when I haven't used 5meo for months.

As far as the full kundalini experience is involved with all its fireworks, I still have just a little ways to go to be able to say I've seen it to the end. In conjunction with intensifying energy and heightened consciousness, my experience has transformed into white light, with an ecstatic bliss and excitation that goes beyond words, as well as profound revelations of a cosmic order. But a line has not yet been crossed where my identity has truly shifted into its rightful place. I've come up to the door many times, but I've reached "ego almost dead" more so than "ego death". I admit, it's a scary proposition when the illusions of reality begin breaking down, and spiritual wisdom floods your awareness making it beyond question that you're the only thing in existence.

I'm sorry, that was so incredibly long lol. I just wanted to give you a good accounting.

I've always wondered what there was to it if anything, a dozen times if my life while sleeping I've had insane bursts of pleasurable energy that felt like I was gonna die, I still wonder if it's kundalini or just sleep paralysis

You do seem to have a propensity. Those with potential can usually be identified from random spiritual experiences in their youth. Depending on what you'd like to do with your life, you may have opportunities you never could have imagined.

So here's the thing. You're not wrong about the illusory nature of chakras and kundalini, along with literally all other manifest things in reality. But the trick is, they're still the engine that makes the spiritual machinery function in the human body, even if that truth is only relatively real. I remember a quote from Leo pointing out the absurdity of needing to ingest 5meo to produce the awakening experience. Leo is God, the room he was in is God, the 5meo itself is God, and all things are God. That's the literal truth. And yet, ingest it he must if the experience was to happen at that moment. Things like 5meo, chakras, and kundalini are important and real because God deems it so.

And I guess if you're a little suspect that they even exist in relative reality, all I can do is testify that they are indeed real. I'd bet my life on it many times over, because it's been experienced so many times that I'd have to lie to myself to possibly believe otherwise. It'll be up to you, or perhaps the word of a very trusted third party, to convince yourself of it. Although, all it would take is one serious experience to make it undeniably apparent.

:x

I would have killed for a documentary like that when I was just getting started in spirituality lol.

Sure, always remember to proceed with due caution, but be ready when your time comes to leap forward. Try to make those trips count, because it's probably accurate to say there's at least some deleterious effect to the excessive use of a chemical catalyst. When you're in an expanded state, try to grasp the mechanisms involved so you can release into it even while sober.

I think this is common with 5meo, I would say you could stop breathing potentially. People do go blue and stop breathing and facilitators remind people to breathe so just be aware it can happen.

You also hear about yogis not breathing for long periods of time, like with Kriya yoga.

I don't think breath relies on your memory.

You cannot love what you need.

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

I don't think breath relies on your memory.

True, even if it feels like you would stop breathing you probably wouldn't.