Joshe

Russian propaganda is on the rise.

80 posts in this topic

Allegedly paying tens of millions to a Russia Today (RT) shell company in TN : Aljazeera: US accuses Russia of election disinformation campaigns. What to know

Then this dropped: Russia Secretly Paid Tim Pool Millions

mnWN1vA.png

Also, it seems the bot farm business model is on the rise. If you can set up a stealthy and effective network of bots, you can sell that service. Social manipulation as a service. SMaaS. 

Edited by Joshe

Classic useful idiots.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Classic useful idiots.

I'm not sure. They're saying the owner/operators of Tenet Media knew the money was coming from Russia. If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me if Tim Pool and the others were also aware.

9 minutes ago, Joshe said:

I'm not sure. They're saying the owner/operators of Tenet Media knew the money was coming from Russia. If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me if Tim Pool and the others were also aware.

From paying attention to those who are able to dissect the indictment, it doesn't seem likely the commentators will face consequences. At least not from the info that's available. Lauren Chen and her husband certainly may pay the price though.

17 minutes ago, Joshe said:

When you're paid to say stuff like "Ukraine is the enemy of America" I'm sure you know something is up. But in terms of proving it in court or wherever that might be difficult  they're argument has to be 'I'm so dumb I didn't realise'.

1 minute ago, Consept said:

When you're paid to say stuff like "Ukraine is the enemy of America" I'm sure you know something is up. But in terms of proving it in court or wherever that might be difficult  they're argument has to be 'I'm so dumb I didn't realise'.

It's a gray area, because that could absolutely be the opinions they previously held, and Russia was just propping up those opinions with money. That's my interpretation from the info available to us in the indictment. So in a sense, they'd be unwitting victims in directly benefiting from a foreign power with malicious intentions. It's a strange kind of victimhood though, all things considered lol.

1 hour ago, Joshe said:

Even so, that's still useful idiocy.

Ideology and money are not opposite things, they are peanut butter and jelly in a survival sandwhich.

Ideologues will happily take money to spread their ideology.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It seems that Russian propaganda is already hitting this very forum lol

Russian agents, bought and paid for. 

They are just more open about it now, or we have access to better data about their finances.

The Russians have done a good job in the media space, better than people gave them credit for. But China, America, Europe etc do an even better job, as you usually aren't aware who they have paid to say what. It sometimes comes out who the Chinese agents are in England for example:

https://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59984380

But it isn't common.

6 Commentators in total including: Dave Rubin, Tim Pool, Benny Johnson, and Lauren Southern 
https://www.vox.com/politics/370323/tenet-media-russia-what-happened-tim-pool-dave-rubin-benny-johnson-lauren-southern

Though it spreads through the rightwing media outlets, to nobody's surprise. The video sums in up in the first few minutes who they are connected to.

Edited by BlueOak

nice tim tool

and i used to think lauren chen was hot

:(

now she‘s still hottish but so evil 

Edited by PurpleTree

i love this story it’s very juicy and i hope a lot more comes to light 

tim fools newest video is about the 4th dimension or whatever bs but all comments are like “traitor” “russian asset” 

are there some conservative/right leaning channels that talk about this stuff?

i would like to hear their take too

7 hours ago, Consept said:

Would you guys say the right are more likely to grift? Like would prominent figures on the left sell out to promote Russian propaganda?

It would kill whatever is left of the populist left, and probably hurt a populist center brand.
The corporate left and center sure, they can grift.

It's also about how ideological vs career someone is. A lot of these right wing personalities are just raking in whatever money they can, whereas a lot of the leftwing personalities are taking small donations with no major backers (with some obvious exceptions). 

This is a good synchronicity; it's what I am watching right now at this spot.

16 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

are there some conservative/right leaning channels that talk about this stuff?

i would like to hear their take too

I appreciated these two. Not specifically on the right, but also kind of a view occurring outside of the strict left as well, with opinions seemingly drawn from both.