Spiritual Warfare

The Relationship Between Time and Eternity

104 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Time is relative, then the relative path. You can say that about nothing is happening etc, but relatively something is happening. You can smash all your fingers with a hammer and say that nothing is happening if you want 

You don't get it. I don't wake up everyday, saying nothing is happening, but for a conversation as this and when someone is asking existential questions and looking for clarity, whether or not it is the case or I'm right or wrong, this is appropriate to discuss. This is not a dating question about sex and i'm responding nothing ain't happening so don't worry about it, it's a question about the existential nature of reality, telling me if I smash my fingers with a hammer is irrelevant to this discussion and doesn't answer the question as to whether anything is truly happening or not.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Time is relative, then the relative path. You can say that about nothing is happening etc, but relatively something is happening. You can smash all your fingers with a hammer and say that nothing is happening if you want 

Yes, an illusion from the absolute perspective. It's like saying that in hunger is an illusion, because it's relative, then why to eat, if it's another illusion. Illusion is the meaning, but the existence is absolute. You exist, you are a relative movement, both are true. The relative movement means nothing, but can't stop, then move, and that's it. 

An appearance is moving apparently, if you prefer . From an absolute perspective, nothing happens, but we are the relative movement. This conversation is relative movement. The point here, the spiritual work, is recognize the relative and realize the absolute. Why? For the same reason that anything else happens, because it's happening, can't stop 

ok fine, I agree, but the OP isn't asking about relativity. The questions posed are more on a metaphysical level and are Absolute in nature and it seems to me looking for more clarification on the Absolute structure of reality more than how us humans experience it. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

ok fine, I agree, but the OP isn't asking about relativity. The questions posed are more on a metaphysical level and are Absolute in nature and it seems to me looking for more clarification on the Absolute structure of reality more than how us humans experience it. 

I have said it in all the previous messages quite clearly, although you have described it as mumbo jumbo. then you complain if they suggest you crush your fingers. well, just crush one finger.

What I mean is that on a relative level there is movement, as is obvious, and you cannot do anything other than move, and that on a relative level it seems that being human you have to equalize your mental vibration in such a way that the absolute manifests itself in everything, since otherwise life sucks. All this is relative, at an absolute level it doesn't matter, it is a movement between infinite movements, that is, nothing, but being that movement, you move and that's it.

Every finite fragment, one grain of sand say, contains the whole infinite reality

To see the part is the whole and then ending judgement otherwise is awakening

Edited by gettoefl

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I have said it in all the previous messages quite clearly, although you have described it as mumbo jumbo. then you complain if they suggest you crush your fingers. well, just crush one finger.

What I mean is that on a relative level there is movement, as is obvious, and you cannot do anything other than move, and that on a relative level it seems that being human you have to equalize your mental vibration in such a way that the absolute manifests itself in everything, since otherwise life sucks. All this is relative, at an absolute level it doesn't matter, it is a movement between infinite movements, that is, nothing, but being that movement, you move and that's it.

Yes I couldn't have put it better

i came to realise myself as the rope

and suddenly there were no snakes anywhere

2 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

Every finite fragment, one grain of sand say, contains the whole infinite reality

To see the part is the whole and then ending judgement universally is awakening

Great comment.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

On 9/4/2024 at 2:58 PM, Spiritual Warfare said:

If something is truly eternal, can it engage in creation or change? Creation inherently involves some form of transformation, which presupposes the existence of time. If an entity exists entirely outside the confines of time, any act of creation would require a transition from one state to another. This suggests that an eternal being might be fundamentally incapable of such actions.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this, as I seek clarity and understanding. I genuinely want to know if what Leo is saying holds true, and I hope to avoid being misled.

It has to fool itself into being finite.  Then it can live as a finite being, subject to time and space.   And that's how reality is created.  Via deception. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Spiritual Warfare said:

Great comment.

Bless! I changed the word universally to the word otherwise to hopefully add a tad more clarity

11 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

To see the part is the whole and then ending judgement universally is awakening

Sure, but the point is realize the absolute. It's a very twisted thing, a weird process difficult to explain, difficult to understand, you have to sharp your mind as much as you can. For me nothing else is more interesting, not far. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It has to fool itself into being finite.  Then it can live as a finite being, subject to time and space.   And that's how reality is created.  Via deception. 

In what ways can the deception of being finite be both beneficial and detrimental? Does this self-deception provide comfort and structure, or does it limit our potential for deeper understanding and growth? If we recognize the deceptive nature of our perception, what steps can we take to awaken to a more profound understanding of reality? Is it possible to live fully in the finite while maintaining awareness of the infinite?

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

that is wrong. Nobody deceives anyone, nobody wants to do things like live experiences, if someone wanted to do those things, they would be someone relative, because someone absolute does not want to do absolutely anything, since if he wanted to do things, he would be relative to those things he want to do.

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Sure, but the point is realize the absolute. It's a very twisted thing, a weird process difficult to explain, difficult to understand, you have to sharp your mind as much as you can. For me nothing else is more interesting, not far. 

You don't have to realize the Absolute for the Absolute itself to enjoy finitude. The easist way for God..which is Infinite, to enjoy finitude is just to forget it's infinite.  And that's precisely what God does.  After awakening you can talk all about how to be lucid and how to integrate this.  But ultimately. What God does is simply forget.  It's easy and it's simple. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

From my simplistic view it's the perception shift from

the world is bad to the world is good

to the world is god to the world is me

Distorted perception to original knowledge

7 minutes ago, Spiritual Warfare said:

In what ways can the deception of being finite be both beneficial and detrimental? Does this self-deception provide comfort and structure, or does it limit our potential for deeper understanding and growth? If we recognize the deceptive nature of our perception, what steps can we take to awaken to a more profound understanding of reality? Is it possible to live fully in the finite while maintaining awareness of the infinite?

The proof is in the pudding.  Are you here right now subject to the limits of time and space? Yes..so there are the benefits.  If God is One, it has to manufacture a way to separate itself into finite parts.  For the sake of the dream.  God is an Infinite Mind left with nothing else to do but to explore itself from every finite angle.  And so it does.  But to be each angle it must fully become it.  It has to fully be it.  It doesn't delve into layer two stuff.   It only plays in layer one which is Being. There really isn't a detriment.  This is God just exploring itself infinitely forever.   It doesn't limit the potential for growth.  Because ultimately what God can do is break out of this state into a state of complete understanding or omniscience   and yes post awakening it is very possibile to live fully lucid.  Although personally it's more fun to fully immerse 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

that is wrong. Nobody deceives anyone, nobody wants to do things like live experiences, if someone wanted to do those things, they would be someone relative, because someone absolute does not want to do absolutely anything, since if he wanted to do things, he would be relative to those things he want to do.

Nobody intentially deceives..but the only way you can have reality the way you are experiencing it now is through illusion.  God is the ultimate wizard.  An illusionist beyond all other.   It must be this way and illusion is a feature of reality not a bug.  You looking at it as a bug is your own bias. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The proof is in the pudding.  Are you here right now subject to the limits of time and space? Yes..so there are the benefits.  If God is One, it has to manufacture a way to separate itself into finite parts.  For the sake of the dream.  God is an Infinite Mind left with nothing else to do but to explore itself from every finite angle.  And so it does.  But to be each angle it must fully become it.  It has to fully be it.  It doesn't delve into layer two stuff.   It only plays in layer one which is Being. There really isn't a detriment.  This is God just exploring itself infinitely forever.   It doesn't limit the potential for growth.  Because ultimately what God can do is break out of this state into a state of complete understanding or omniscience   and yes post awakening it is very possibile to live fully lucid.  Although personally it's more fun to fully immerse 

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Then the absolute is improving and doing things like exploring, because there is nothing else to do. All of that are relative things. The absolute can't improve, can't do nothing, can't be more than it is, because it's total. That's why it's so difficult to realize the absolute, because it's not relative 😅

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Then the absolute is improving and doing things like exploring, because there is nothing else to do. All of that are relative things. The absolute can't improve, can't do nothing, can't be more than it is, because it's total. That's why it's so difficult to realize the absolute, because it's not relative 😅

Sure there is some anthropomorphism here because we are talking about God.  God doesn't express itself so we must and with language we of course strip away the totality of God.   But ultimately that's what's going on here. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Sure there is some anthropomorphism here because we are talking about God.  God doesn't express itself so we must and with language we of course strip away the totality of God.   But ultimately that's what's going on here. 

Not just anthropomorphism, it's a root issue. Here it is said: "you are god creating reality." absolutely wrong. God, so to speak, is the reality, and he is not creating or imagining or doing anything, for the unavoidable reason that it is total infinity. Anything you do, dream, imagine, is relative, is within the absolute. The absolute does not explore itself since if it did it would have an intention, and any intention is relative.

The absolute is total, that's it, there is no more. Anything you say is relative, it is within the absolute. The god you speak of is relative, there may be a cosmic entity that creates dimensions, but it is finite, relative. It's the same as an ant from absolute pov.

18 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Not just anthropomorphism, it's a root issue. Here it is said: "you are god creating reality." absolutely wrong. God, so to speak, is the reality, and he is not creating or imagining or doing anything, for the unavoidable reason that it is total infinity. Anything you do, dream, imagine, is relative, is within the absolute. The absolute does not explore itself since if it did it would have an intention, and any intention is relative.

The absolute is total, that's it, there is no more. Anything you say is relative, it is within the absolute. The god you speak of is relative, there may be a cosmic entity that creates dimensions, but it is finite, relative. It's the same as an ant from absolute pov.

Here we fake love, whereas god creates love and loves creating

This means that infinity forever keeps extending its tentacles

When infinity gets twice as big, it is still infinity

That's the business of beyond and I am that

Here is a pale imitation but still offers an ecstatic taster

30 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Not just anthropomorphism, it's a root issue. Here it is said: "you are god creating reality." absolutely wrong.

According to you. 

N God, so to speak, is the reality, and he is not creating or imagining or doing anything, for the unavoidable reason that it is total infinity. Anything you do, dream, imagine, is relative, is within the absolute. The absolute does not explore itself since if it did it would have an intention, and any intention is relative.

Why would that require intention?

The absolute is total, that's it, there is no more. Anything you say is relative, it is within the absolute. 

That's a very low minded view in my opinion.   It's basically saying reality isn't an infinite Mind or Consciousness, which I beg to differ with.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.