Ancestor

Is reality something?

22 posts in this topic

I'm trying to work this out.

lol. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

It sure is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's made of mind/consciousness, which is nothing. A dream is made of nothing. But it's still something, because here it is. It's nonduality. Something and nothing are the same thing. It's nothing, experiencing something.

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

lol. 

I personally wouldn't laugh at someone new to the forum asking a standard foundational question in realm of seeking spiritual truth. They could be new on the path, and what they don't need is people laughing at their questions. 

4 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

It's made of mind/consciousness, which is nothing. A dream is made of nothing. But it's still something, because here it is. It's nonduality. Something and nothing are the same thing. It's nothing, experiencing something.

But, are you really conscious of that or just talk about something you have heard? I think your answer to the guy is not helpful, as the only thing they can do with it is adopt as some belief after repetition, but this is not right. After he does that he will be further from truth than he is now, questioning.

7 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

I personally wouldn't laugh at someone new to the forum asking a standard foundational question in realm of seeking spiritual truth. They could be new on the path, and what they don't need is people laughing at their questions. 

Well, people, newbie or not, need to put a little more effort into their posts if they are seriously asking a question and want a serious reply. I could have been laughing at anything, and what you personally wouldn't do is irrelevant. 

Know thyself....

Something is a shocking baffling miracle. It’s also a donkey wearing a cape. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

can you clarify what you mean by this question?

What's a thing anyway?

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

id like to know what you mean by something, because it should be the most intuitiv fact of existence that it by its very nature is something

What is more real - something or nothing?

you can’t use words for this kind of thing

something is just a word

21 hours ago, Ancestor said:

I'm trying to work this out.

Reality exists only in the mind. And the mind exists only in reality.

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

you can’t use words for this kind of thing

something is just a word

Seems to be your common theme lately.  One has to be able to fluctuate between non-duality and duality in this relative domain or you'll not be able to communicate properly and lose touch with reality.

Know thyself....

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Seems to be your common theme lately.  One has to be able to fluctuate between non-duality and duality in this relative domain or you'll not be able to communicate properly and lose touch with reality.

well maybe but do you really think there is a way to figure out if “reality” is “something”?

Just now, PurpleTree said:

well maybe but do you really think there is a way to figure out if “reality” is “something”?

"Something" or "nothing" is duality so either way there's an opposite. So if it's something there's a nothing and vice versa. Trying to figure out if reality is something requires "something to do that. Seems like an oxymoronic venture.

Know thyself....