Yali

Donald Trump Interview | Lex Fridman Podcast #442

158 posts in this topic

How do you feel about Lex entertaining a conversation with Donald Trump? He's spoken with guys like Sam Harris who have clearly laid out the issues with Trump. I'm not sure how he feels about him, but clearly not bad enough to not sit down and talk with him. I know @Leo Gura would never do this even if he had the opportunity to.

At 29:44, Donald Trump says "Truth is very powerful". I think at that moment Leo would struggle to restrain himself.

Edited by Yali

I haven’t watched it but I’m going to assume it’s a bad idea.

Lex is way too charitable. Trump will run the table with him.

I mean, Lex is playing the game of being the world's biggest interviewer, so this is right up his alley.

But of course Trump is not worth interviewing because he's simply a bullshit artist.

I don't even want to waste my time listening to it. There is no point giving someone such serious attention when they have such a long proven track record of lying.

We all know exactly who Trump is at this point. Nothing he says can undo his own record of lies and crimes.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I watched it. It’s good.

What happened to his right eye? He's getting way too old for this.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I mean, Lex is playing the game of being the world's biggest interviewer, so this is right up his alley.

But of course Trump is not worth interviewing because he's simply a bullshit artist.

I don't even want to waste my time listening to it. There is no point giving someone such serious attention when they have such a long proven track record of lying.

We all know exactly who Trump is at this point. Nothing he says can undo his own record of lies and crimes.

@Leo Gura Lex actually tried to get Trump to speak about Ayahuasca and Psilocybin at minute 26, but the way Trump diverted from it, shows how far he is from that level of self-honesty, and confronting his self-biases and deception etc, the polar opposite of the way he went about it in that clip I shared on 08/25 . 

https://x.com/SutcliffeDavid/status/1827441662315909256

Edited by Moutushi

Trump is all right.

And that’s all wrong. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, too boring. You could still glean some insights from a game theory perspective, if you were playing that game, but it's just too boring at this point. Lex's games are interesting. 

At least he does unscripted interviews. Would be surprised if Harris did any other interviews other then the ones on cnn.

I skipped through to a couple questions, I thought Lex lightly pressed him on a couple issues but he allowed him to basically divert and pivot away he didn't really hold him down on anything. The question with  the 2020 election he's still going with the fraud on the dems side, which is actually amazing considering the fallout. 

I found it funny that he said they call me a facist so I called Kamala a communist xD im pretty sure he doesnt know what either really mean, hes literally taking it as a school yard cussing match, 'you're fat' 'well you're a poo poo head' .

Generally he just looks tired, doesn't seem to have the energy he had before, the big macs must be catching up. 

But yeah you really can't let this guy win, it's actually ridiculous he's anyway near close to running or that he won before, the amount bullshit that comes out his mouth. I guarantee you if Kamala did an interview with this much pivoting or just saying outright lies, no one would vote for her, Trump gets so much grace because people think he 'says it as it is' he literally never says anything as it is.

@Leo Gura Trump actually said that he is pro legalization of Marijuana and Lex even told him that he recently did ayahuasca and that Lex mentioned to him that psychedelics should be legal. Starts at 25:00

Also, Lex said that Joe Rogan is the greatest conversationalist in the world and encouraged for Trump to go on his podcast.

The fact that Lex said that this speaks a lot about his character.

It's the Joe Rogan effect all over again.

A huge platform with millions of listeners used in a highly irresponsible way.

Handing Trump a megaphone to spread noxious lies that are endangering our democracy isn't responsible journalism, nor is it a defense of 'free speech'.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

52 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

It's the Joe Rogan effect all over again.

A huge platform with millions of listeners used in a highly irresponsible way.

Handing Trump a megaphone to spread noxious lies that are endangering our democracy isn't responsible journalism, nor is it a defense of 'free speech'.

Nobody is stopping Kamala from coming on and doing these interviews, but she doesn't bother to.

Instead of censorship, more speech is the solution, which leftists don't understand.

Edited by questionreality

47 minutes ago, questionreality said:

Nobody is stopping Kamala from coming on and doing these interviews, but she doesn't bother to.

Instead of censorship, more speech is the solution, which leftists don't understand.

So called 'free speech absolutism' is a really dumb take. Most people who parrot this line are doing so in bad faith (many of these are the same folks that try to gaslight us that inciting a violent insurrection is 'free speech').

Free speech requires a commitment to democratic norms, which Trump and his followers shit in the face of.

Bad actors like Trump can spew a firehose of harmful lies than than those lies can be debunked, because truth requires far more effort and time than spreading noxious bullshit does.

What Trump is doing is a well know propaganda technique, that's commonly employed by autocrats

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firehose_of_falsehood

Not every idea deserves to be given a hearing in the public square. It gives the misleading impression that Trump's noxious bullshit is worthy of consideration and debate, instead of being rejected out of hand.

Edited by DocWatts

5 hours ago, questionreality said:

@Leo Gura Trump actually said that he is pro legalization of Marijuana

Lies and BS.

No way Repubs legalize it.

5 hours ago, questionreality said:

The fact that Lex said that this speaks a lot about his character.

I don't have a prob with Lex's character.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As predicted, Trump does his BS and Lex lets him get away with it.

i think it’s nice but he was too soft on him though

i also like his cenk interview a few days ago

8 hours ago, DocWatts said:

So called 'free speech absolutism' is a really dumb take. Most people who parrot this line are doing so in bad faith (many of these are the same folks that try to gaslight us that inciting a violent insurrection is 'free speech').

Free speech requires a commitment to democratic norms, which Trump and his followers shit in the face of.

Bad actors like Trump can spew a firehose of harmful lies than than those lies can be debunked, because truth requires far more effort and time than spreading noxious bullshit does.

What Trump is doing is a well know propaganda technique, that's commonly employed by autocrats

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firehose_of_falsehood

Not every idea deserves to be given a hearing in the public square. It gives the misleading impression that Trump's noxious bullshit is worthy of consideration and debate, instead of being rejected out of hand.

Great, so people like you should determine who fits into your "democratic norms" category and then censor those who don't ?

No thanks. 

I suggest to study  history of Soviet Union or other countries, and see what the leftists did there using your same logic to censor people.

With free speech comes a price - some of which include lies. You either have free speech or you don't - something that leftists fail to understand.

33 minutes ago, questionreality said:

Great, so people like you should determine who fits into your "democratic norms" category and then censor those who don't ?

How about "don't incite an insurrection when you lose an election" as an example of abiding by democratic norms.

A norm so simple that a 10 year old would have no trouble understanding it, which Trump and his Cult have failed to abide by.

If someone can't get even this simple precept right, then the appropriate response to their political "opinions" is derision, not debate.

Fascists cynically use democratic tolerance to undermine democracy. They're a perfect case study of the 'free rider' problem. Treating thier rhetoric as toxic bullshit unworthy of serious consideration or debate is %100 warranted.

Edited by DocWatts