Yali

Donald Trump Interview | Lex Fridman Podcast #442

158 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, zurew said:

I don't know why you imply that neutrality is better in principle compared to non-neutrality.

Of course it is.

Once you hold them as equal you will turn into a wild beast.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yeah sure - are you neutral on the holocaust?

1 hour ago, zurew said:

Wow..that's a leap 😀

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, zurew said:

Even better question: Will be @Leo Gura  be neutral and give as much charity as he did to Lex Fridman to the Buddhists? xD

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

10 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

to the Buddhists?

Never!!

Lex is but an amateur at humble-bragging next to a Buddhist.

Edited by Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Never!!

Lex is but an amateur at humble-bragging next to a Buddhist.

But really answer the question.   Why hate so much on Buddhism?  It comes the closest to actual awakening than any other religion.  It at least speaks of no self.  And it incorporates mediation. Both of which actually lead you there. Christianity and Judaism simply appeal to a bearded man in the clouds.  If you wanna hate on something maybe pick one of those.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

But really answer the question.   Why hate so much on Buddhism?  It comes the closest to actual awakening than any other religion.  It at least speaks of no self.  And it incorporates mediation. Both of which actually lead you there. Christianity and Judaism simply appeal to a bearded man in the clouds.  If you wanna hate on something maybe pick one of those.

Only true if you consider the exoteric and not the esoteric, mystic branches.

There do exist more sophisticated versions of Christianity / Judaism.

Edited by aurum

7 minutes ago, aurum said:

True. 

7 minutes ago, aurum said:

Where .

anyway don't wanna divert the thread...about Lex..I guess the discussion on Lexs' persona should take precedent.

Someone who is a projection of one's own mind...but we have a full discussion on it here on a high consciousness forum.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Why hate so much on Buddhism?

Because it misses God.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it misses God.

No..there was something specifcally with you and Buddhism.   It doesn't matter.   Was just wondering. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

there was something specifcally with you and Buddhism. 

That is the thing.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is the thing.

😀  our biases are developed by our experiences.  

@zurew do you see his point on bias and neutrality now?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

40 minutes ago, aurum said:

So very true.

36 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Where

Gnosticism and Kabbalah have some strong similarities to the likes of Hinduism and Buddhism.

Edited by What Am I

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

So very true.

Gnosticism and Kabbalah have some strong similarities to the likes of Hinduism and Buddhism.

The point is why hate on religion period...and if you are at least pick one that isn't pretty darn close to encapsulating Truth. Buddhism is the closest.  I guess that's why he picked it.  But i would go with something else.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The point is why hate on religion period...and if you are at least pick one that isn't pretty darn close to encapsulating Truth. Buddhism is the closest.  I guess that's why he picked it.  But i would go with something else.

In Leo's case, I'm guessing he's aiming at revealing the living truth of his own experience, and digging deep with a pioneering spirit. When working towards the unknown, paying too much attention to previous teachings can become like a shackle around your neck. Since Buddhism is exceptional among mystical religions, and many of its teachings are seen as gospel, perhaps this is the reason he puts extra effort towards not letting it dictate his path. I think I can relate quite a bit.

I could just be reading way too much into it. Also, like you mentioned, probably not the right thread.

17 minutes ago, What Am I said:

In Leo's case, I'm guessing he's aiming at revealing the living truth of his own experience, and digging deep with a pioneering spirit. When working towards the unknown, paying too much attention to previous teachings can become like a shackle around your neck. Since Buddhism is exceptional among mystical religions, and many of its teachings are seen as gospel, perhaps this is the reason he puts extra effort towards not letting it dictate his path. I think I can relate quite a bit.

I could just be reading way too much into it. Also, like you mentioned, probably not the right thread.

That's an excellent theory 😀

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Wow..that's a leap 😀

Its perfect to illustrate the absurdity and the entailments of such a position.

That was just one thing, but obviously I could have listed a 100 other things that would have been all bullet bitings.

He isn't even consistent with it - neither with his morals nor with his epistemology. Obviously he has certain standards for both and he isn't treating other positions on epistemology and on morals as equal.

3 hours ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Even better question: Will be @Leo Gura  be neutral and give as much charity as he did to Lex Fridman to the Buddhists? xD

Actually true, that is one of the  biggest bullet to bite for him :D.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@zurew do you see his point on bias and neutrality now?

No, I don't really see it. I have my own concept why bias can be bad, but Im not even sure, whether  we have that same concept in mind.

Mostly, the word "bias" is just thrown around as a negatively loaded term on here and you can win that label if you disagree with someone on a point they feel strongly about, but can't argue well for it.

If Lex were intelligent, he wouldn't have the same positions as idiots and if he were integrous, he would put truth above fitting in with his dumb buddies, which he doesn't. 

I'm now 75/25 that he's thoroughly self-deceived. I'm predicting I'll be at 90 within a year. I'll be back with the receipts Leo! 😂

Edited by Joshe